Fleeting Moment / Fuite des Heures (1948)
by Balenciaga

Fleeting Moment / Fuite des Heures information

Year of Launch1948
AvailabilityDiscontinued

HouseBalenciaga
PerfumerGermaine Cellier
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Prestige

About Fleeting Moment / Fuite des Heures

Fleeting Moment / Fuite des Heures is a feminine perfume by Balenciaga. The scent was launched in 1948 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Germaine Cellier

Reviews of Fleeting Moment / Fuite des Heures

Although my heart will always stay with Le Dix, Fuite Des Heures is also a gorgeous fragrance. I like powdery, floral, musky perfume.
20th August, 2014
Resembling very closely Balenciaga's later QUADRILLE with its deep, rich, potpourri chypre warmth, LA FUITE DES HEURES is another in that long line (14 I have discovered thus far and counting) copying the uniqueness of Millot's original CREPE DE CHINE of 1925.

This type of honeyed tobacco floral chypre was obviously tremendously popular in the 20s, 30s, 40s and 50s, then disappeared completely from the 60s onward. It is based on a 16th century Italian formula.

Excellent and very hard to find!
25th March, 2014
I have an ongoing obsession with researching and buying fragrances online. Judging by the prices bottles of Fleeting Moment attract at auction, I flagged it as one of the most desired vintage Balenciagas. Nevertheless, I eventually managed to snag a micro mini of extrait from a trusted seller for just a few dollars.

Expecting something feminine, I was immediately struck by FM's 'savoury' qualities: its top notes are predominantly herbal (rosemary and lavender) -and if I had to assign a gender to this fragrance it would be 'masculine'. After the herbal blast I think I can smell the dark green note of pine or fir, then woodiness (patchouli?). It reminds me of a tamer, galbanum-less Bandit.
...
OK I just looked up this fragrance on Fragrantica and read that Fleeting Moment was composed by the legendary Germaine Cellier! No wonder it invoked my memories of Bandit. According Fragrantica, FM is classified as a chypre with "herbal and green notes, anise, aldehydes, flowers that are dominated by jasmine, thyme, violet, woody tones, leather, amber" (seems I was confusing rosemary/lavender with thyme).

If you like Bandit you might also like Fleeting Moment, but I have to give FM a neutral thumb because I am not at all partial to this style of fragrance.
24th March, 2012 (last edited: 07th September, 2012)
My sample was elegant, rich, and refined but somehow generic; there was somehow no personality, nothing memorable.

During the drydown a slight smell of melting plastic appeared briefly.

The fragrance faded more quickly than I would have expected for a parfum.
15th May, 2009
powdery chypre- less green w/a little more spice & pungent than Tigress(which I favor), a bit of sweetness & dried fruit like Habanita, more green than H. Seems right in the middle of those two in flavor. Nice layers, good sillage. not sure of the exact notes, sorry!
02nd December, 2007

Add your review of Fleeting Moment / Fuite des Heures

Shop for Fleeting Moment / Fuite des Heures products online

Search Amazon for Fleeting Moment / Fuite des Heures

Member images of Fleeting Moment / Fuite des Heures

There are no member images of Fleeting Moment / Fuite des Heures yet. Why not be the first?