Bois de Santal (2000)

Based on 28 ratings

Bois de Santal Fragrance notes

Sandalwood mysore, Chinese osmanthus, Ambergris

Bois de Santal information

Bois de Santal is a unisex fragrance by Keiko Mecheri. The scent was launched in 2000

Shop for Bois de Santal products online

Reviews of Bois de Santal

Showing 1 to 6 of 9 reviews.

cello's avatar

This is a soft floral over a faint sandalwood. The soft floral, osmanthus, always reminds me of tea fragrances. And there is the faint "perfumy" smell that I don't care for.

If ever there was a pleasant enough fragrance, this would be one. But just don't have your expectations too high, especially if you are looking for sandalwood. Wear it in summer, where the softness can be more appreciated.

04 October, 2011

Buzzlepuff's avatar

The listed notes for Bois de Santal are sandalwood, osmanthus and ambergris. I think a more realistic name for this fragrance would be Bois de Osmanthus because the peachy fuzzy textured floral note of osmanthus is mostly what I smell in this fragrance. The sandalwood blends effortlessly with osmanthus as they both have parallel types of scent patterns with sandalwood adding a dry wooden aspect. Ambergris adds strength to the base and a little warmth and depth. This floral wooded perfume would probably work best for a woman as it is a little lightly tuned and a bit too gentle for my taste. A nicely blended and enjoyable to smell fragrance, but wearing it is not for me.

14 April, 2011

Diamondflame's avatar

Singapore Singapore

What I remember best about sandalwood is the smooth butter-like note in its drydown. And this is what I detect underneath the cedar and a somewhat fleeting osmanthus. Strictly for sillage haters or fans of close-wearing skin scents, BOIS DE SANTAL is sheer enough to be the sandalwood fragrance equivalent to the Emperor's New Clothes. I kinda like it. But a little more projection certainly wouldn't hurt.

05 May, 2010

Kaern's avatar

I do like the sandalwoood note and loved this immediately, but it does change quite quickly into a more sweetened ambery/floral mix. There is a little of the wood, which hangs on gallantly though and the drydown is lush. I am going to thumbs up, but the sillage is very poor although the longevity is good. It may need applying twice in a short time to get the diffusion required.

03 February, 2009

ronote's avatar

Sure smells like Sandalwood to me, and for quite a while. It actually smells like the incense used in the Jade Buddah Temple in Shanghai which I cannot get enough of. The last time I was in Shanghai was in 2005 and I am running out of the incense. Luckily I can still smell it by wearing this.

27 December, 2008

SirSlarty's avatar

A funny little woody floral that's so sparse that it feels like a veil of translucent faux wood veneer. I find that the scent doesn't disappear but close to the skin and stays relatively the same i.e. no development. Not what I expected but not a pleasant surprise.

17 September, 2008

• 0 Bid(s)
    • Time Left:
    STARTING BID
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)