Patchoulissime (2000)

Patchoulissime information

Year of Launch2000

HouseKeiko Mecheri

About Patchoulissime

Patchoulissime is a shared / unisex perfume by Keiko Mecheri. The scent was launched in 2000

Reviews of Patchoulissime

Asha Show all reviews
Keiko Mecheri Patchoulissime

Notes: Indonesian patchouli, rose, night blooming jasmine, white musk, benzoin (from luckyscent.com)

I won't lie--I'm definitely a patch-head. There is not a patchouli-centric fragrance that I won't try, and Keiko Mecheri Patchoulissime is no exception. After sampling many in this line, I expected to find something thin and spineless. Instead, I found a very pleasant light-weight patchouli with undertones of raspberry, chocoloate, an edgy, powdery, neon rose and bready benzoin. The chocolate note is reminiscent of of Serge Lutens Borneo 1834 but Patchoulissime is far more discreet. A closer cousin might actually be L'Artisan Patchouli Patch. However, PP's inclusion of imortelle can give it an "off" impression. I find Patchoulissime to be a bit more feminine and "clean" smelling than Patchouli Patch, and for this reason, Patchoulissime may be the better choice for some.
29th March, 2015
What's the Point?

First, I want to explain that the French suffix, -issime, modifies a word to make it a superlative, so Patchoulissime would roughly translate to mean 'very patchouli' or 'extremely patchouli.' Thus, I was expecting a strong, and unapologetic patchouli-based perfume but it is nothing of the kind.

Upon application, I notice a solvent-like note that is slightly sweet combined with something that makes me think of warm plastic or putty. The opening is unpleasant to my nose, but not long-lasting. The main accord for the life of this fragrance is predominately a dull roar of metallic white musks, a note that reminds me of the aroma of hairspray, and buried underneath it all, a very clean patchouli can be detected. Ultimately, everything fades away to the fragrance equivalent of radio static, via the buzzy, metallic, white musks.

Patchoulissime not only defangs it's titular note, but showers, lathers, rinses, and repeats. Followed up by a manicure and pedicure. I don't mind a patchouli with some manners and polish, but if you can't leave at least a little dirt under the beast's nails, why make a patchouli fragrance in the first place?

Pros: You don't care for patchouli
Cons: Patchouli, how could they do this to you?!"

07th October, 2013
Patchoulissime is a simple floral patchouli flanked by a touch of citrus and vetiver and tamed in earthiness by the addition of benzoin and may be a touch of amber. The general balance is undebatable. As well as already written before this scent, while being simple in structure with its centralizing patchouli, is slightly toned down in "rawness" and is neither a roaring overly earthy patchouli nor an heavy-dense, mellow or spicy one. I agree with Sir Slarty, there is an animal, averagely dry, bit dissonant note that lingers in the general earthy-botanic mildness but this element is present at the beginning and tends to fade quickly. The rose is barely perceivable in the final almost linear amalgam. I find this fragrance too minimal and somewhat unappealing. Longevity and sillage are notable.
03rd June, 2011 (last edited: 18th July, 2014)
Kaern Show all reviews
I love this fragrance as I'm not a great fan of full on patchouli. If you give a couple of coats or spray liberally it's not that mild . It is also one of the better lasters from Keiko Mercheri and I get a full day easily. Patchoulissime is exquisite as it is.
07th October, 2009
Is it supposed to be *this* subtle? Can hardly smell a blessed thing. Extra sprays only amplified the white noise. Puzzling.
From what I *can* smell, it's a nice, slightly earthy and unsweet patchouli.
04th September, 2009
bbBD Show all reviews
I loved reading purplebird's excellent review and astute description of the different approaches to patchouli by various houses.

There is nothing wrong with Patchoulissime at all - a dry, light, earthy, herbal patchouli that is as far from 'raw' or 'animalistic' as patchouli can possibly be. It's still patchouli, but by far the kinder, gentler version of patchouli. I'm firmly with foetidus in that I like my patchouli without being watered down, and while this fragrance is well constructed and would appeal to those wanting a mild patchouli fragrance, it is not for me.
02nd March, 2009

Add your review of Patchoulissime

Shop for Patchoulissime products online

Shop for Patchoulissime at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Patchoulissime

Member images of Patchoulissime

There are no member images of Patchoulissime yet. Why not be the first?