Mogador (2005)

HouseKeiko Mecheri
PerfumerYann Vasnier
Creative DirectorKeiko Mecheri

About Mogador

Mogador is a shared / unisex perfume by Keiko Mecheri. The scent was launched in 2005 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Yann Vasnier

Reviews of Mogador

A simple straightforward rose soliflore, made green by the addition of muget and rounded out with soft jasmine.

A four star "fresh floral" in the Turin classification.

This is a very nice rose, gentle and subdued, without complexity. The combination of three rose oils allows it to smell slightly differently from time to time as one or two take center stage simultaneously.

Excellent sillage and longetivity. Nicely done.
31st October, 2015
danieq Show all reviews
Shy, peeking Rose

I received a couple of samples of this and have been playing with the scent, comparing it to others I've tried (quite a list!). I find this to be a very pure, slightly green rose scent. It's sweet, but not candied. It's a blooming deep pink bouquet to my mind. The rose has a similar character to Nahema, but none of the chemically additives that Nahema adds. I actually prefer that.

As a result, it's a bit of a peeking rose, not heavy at all. However, this feels very refined. I'm on my way to owing my very own bottle.

Pros: Beautiful pure rose scent
Cons: a little bit reserved"

15th October, 2013
I cannot believe there are no massive amount of reviews on this beautiful fragrance. Out of all the scents I've reviewed in the last few days, Mogador is most worthy of a hundred rave reviews.

This fragrance was my first encounter with Keiko Mecheri's astounding fragrance line. It made perfect sense for me to try Mogador first due to my search for the perfect rose fragrance. Mogador certainly comes close.

The scent is mostly rich, jammy roses with a touch of fruitiness. Mogador is smooth, feminine and powerful. An absolutely delicious rose blend.

Particularly in the opening, Mogador smelt a little chocolatey, like chocolate smoothered Turkish Delight to be exact. I wanted to devour it and experience its taste as well as its scent.

Red roses is what I perceive here. This isn't delicate pink, yellow or white roses, this is strong, tarty rose with an element of darkness. There are hints of spice every now and then, however it is not what carries this composition.

Some other reviews I've read say that this fragrance becomes soapy and powdery in the drydown. I have to disagree, because this did not happen for me. It stays relatively concentrated throughout, a soliflore, a rich red rose until the very end.

The lasting power is amazing, as can also be said of the sillage. I highly recommend to all rose lovers and niche enthusiasts.
29th December, 2011
Encountered as a sample, this one MUST join my rose collection. (La Rose Jacqeminot - Nahema - Fleurs de Bulgarie, etc.) On me the roses are dew drenched, heavy-headed and sumptuous. Full blown Bulgarian roses in the height of summer - can you tell I love it??!!
17th June, 2010
I find this rose to be a tad harsh with the addition of some green/herbal notes around the edges. Though, it's a fine rose floral and feels natural. I don't like it but a thumbs up since it's probably one of the better roses I've smelled.
05th October, 2008
I am not a rose fanatic, but I'm quite enamored with Mogador. It smells elegant and refined, as if one would wear it to garden tea party, where everyone is dressed to the nines and has a ridiculously huge floppy hat. At the same time, I can also imagine wearing it to a Raconteurs concert, in jeans and a T shirt! The sillage is very good, and the notes ring true. There are none of those fake "rose on steroids" notes that I seem to find in many contemporary rose fragrances. Yes, it's simple, and almost a rose soliflore, but quite beautiful. A plus; most of Keiko Mecheri's fragrances are relatively inexpensive, compared with other niche lines (under $100 a bottle--these days that seems like a deal!).
08th June, 2008

Add your review of Mogador

Shop for Mogador products online

Shop for Mogador at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Mogador

Member images of Mogador

There are no member images of Mogador yet. Why not be the first?

Related forum threads