Grenades (2005)

Pomegranate rind, Bulgarian rose, Angelica, White musk

Grenades information

Grenades is a unisex fragrance by Keiko Mecheri. The scent was launched in 2005

Reviews of Grenades

Showing 1 to of 2 reviews.
    positive 1 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative 1 Negative Reviews

NillaGoon's avatar

This review is for the Keiko Mecheri scent called "Grenats"; I think Grenades may be a Perfumed Court error that has propagated here, but I'm not entirely sure.

After Peau de Peche I was really looking forward to this one, but I'm afraid it's a generic fruity/aquatic/annoying scent of no particular interest. I confess an aversion to the entire genre, so please take my thumbs down with a grain of salt. To me, this scent is actively unpleasant - it's the olfactory equivalent of chewing on tin foil. But I get this same sensation from many fragrances in this category.

I'm not smelling much that could be interpreted as pomegranate. Despite the pomegranate craze, I'm skeptical that pomegranates have a flavor in real life - to me they just seem like a pleasant vehicle for delivering citric acid.

25 April, 2010

I was surprised at first—I smelled absolutely nothing. Within a half-minute the dry, delicate Angelica notes began to crescendo and when they reached a point of perfect strength; that’s pretty much where it stayed. To my nose, Grenades is a linear Angelica scent with soft rose in the background, temporarily. The musk from the base (and to a lesser extent the woods) joins beautifully with the Angelica, but I can’t smell the pomegranate! This fragrance has been called “sweet” and / or “fruity,” but you can’t prove it by me, because on my skin it is so very dry, natural, and translucently understated. I would call Grenades “unisex” but perhaps tilted a little toward the feminine. What I get out of this is…that I like very much, but I am a bit concerned about a possible selective anosmia in regard to the “fruity” pomegranate—it’s just not there. That concern aside, I find this a very admirable, long-lasting fragrance—natural, ethereal, less complex but more complete than Angeliques Sous La Pluie, although the Angelica note in Grenades isn’t as beautiful as the Angelica note the Malle fragrance.

15 October, 2007