Arcus (2005)

Based on 40 ratings

Arcus information

Arcus is a men's fragrance by Amouage. The scent was launched in 2005

Reviews of Arcus

Showing 1 to 6 of 14 reviews.

uxf's avatar

I mostly get neroli with hints of green pepper, vetiver, and spices.

20th September, 2010

Kaern's avatar

More like a nimbus cloud without the cumulo. Totally boring and dull 'green' fragrance that smells very synthetic. Even selling at half price as was the case couldn't tempt me.

21st July, 2009

andyman32's avatar

It's a good geranium and mandarin orange flesh scent. Medium sweet and only a hint of salty sea air on the mid-notes. It is a very "wet", "creamy" fragrance, I don't know how else to describe it. I don't get the depth some people are seeing in it here, but I may after I live with it for a while. It is high quality as you'd expect from Amouage. And yes, the bottle is VERY cool, so there's that. Standing on its own, the fragrance is excellent if not (as foetidus pointed out) a big booming fragrance. It's VERY nice and deserves a clear thumbs up. Now... *for the price* is a whole other matter. Maybe not as much. However, I review fragrances on their own merits alone.

I've said it before, you don't buy these things expecting to get any kind of bargain for a few oz of fragrant liquid for hundreds of dollars. It's a luxury item and you pay what you have to to get it. If there's any way you're going to miss the money, or the fragrance is too dear, then get a tester and choose not to buy... you never had to pay for it in order to do that. Its cost never hit your books. For that reason, I don't factor price in my reviews, nor do I think anyone else needs to.

And on its own - Arcus is really nice, natural, mildly sweet, floral & citrus aquatic. One I'm happy to have in my collection!

04th June, 2009

salim96's avatar

Oman Oman

I have been smelling this one on people since I was a child but didn't know what was it, bought it last week and boy it is good!
    If you are used to wear Gold or Jubilation or Silver or Dia this is different as it starts with the citrus.

08th February, 2009

gupts's avatar

India India

The moment you spray it, it reminds you of Acqua Di Gio and then in about 5 minutes it transforms into something green. Then the salt appears that does remind you of Erolfa. The dry down is unmistakenly the same as that of 'Halston Catalyst' which in any case is very similar to ADG.

It does not warrant such a high price because it's fairly average and smells like a lot of other much cheaper colognes.

07th January, 2009

PigeonMurderer's avatar

Finland Finland

It is kind of ridicilous, isn`t it? The prize I mean, and value for the money.

The juice itself is actually quite nice marine citrus blend, but with the prize like that, "quite nice" isn`t nearly enough.
    To me very unoriginal creation, smells somewhat very generic. We have plenty of these oceanic fresh green fragrances with strong ambergris base. Rest of those doesn`t cost this much though, and many of them are even much better.

Herbs and citruses with small dash of fig leaves thown along, some of fresh waxy flowers and sharp woods, everything fixed together with that ambergris.
    Its long lasting on me.

This is a scent only for snobs, very wealthy people or / and hardcore Amouage fans.
    I`m not any of those.

19th November, 2008

Add your review of Arcus

Search for on eBay United States

AMOUAGE ARCUS FOR MEN EAU DE TOILETTE SPRAY 75 ML / 2.5 OZ. NIB
    • Listing Type: eBay Store
    • Time Left: 19 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)