Cittá di Kyoto (2005)

• Availability: In Production
    • Perfumer: Unknown - Let us know
    • Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

Reviews of Cittá di Kyoto

Showing 1 to 6 of 11 reviews.

alfarom's avatar
    alfarom

Città di Kyoto is a frustrating composition. One of those that doesn't contain fruits, it's simply fruity. It doesn't contain incense, it's simply incensey. It doesn't contain leather, it's just leathery. What about flowers? Some iris, somewhere...well, yeah...well...overall I'd say is fruity-leathery. Unremarkable.

Sort of Daim Blond after bleaching.

12 August, 2011

Splash's avatar
    Splash

Citta di Kyoto opens big with luscious iris and lotus, very fresh and light filled. Settling down quickly at the middle, CdK becomes a scent twin to vintage Halston. Unfortunately Citta di Kyoto evaporates to almost nothing by the bottom. I have both fragrances and so decadently layer the two together. It’s like adding an upper register to Halston and providing a lower registar to CdK….amazing!

27 May, 2011

evinick's avatar
    evinick
    Greece Greece

Interesting floral iris opening, that dries down quite rapidly into a thin fruity floral with a light touch of powdery woods. Elegant but quite fragile overall, great though as an unoffensive morning scent of a remarkable quality. To me it's rather unfair to compare it with Daim Blond, as this Lutens marvel has so much more of everything that is included in CdK and a whole lot of other things too.

10th March, 2011

Mimi Gardenia's avatar
    Mimi Gardenia

Interesting iris- floral opening and I got a fleeting incense note too. Drydown is floral woods . Rather weak and watery but I am sure it would be very lovely if it were a denser ,more tenacious fragrance.

14 July, 2010

cpk's avatar
    cpk
    Greece Greece

Extremely elegant iris. I read the comparisons to Daim Blond but I see a stronger resemblance to Equistrius. Same Iris/leather composition (a bit of Cuir Plain Fleurs there maybe?) but more woody and considerably less sweet than either Daim Blond or Equistrius. In short if you like those two but find them a bit on the feminine or sweet side for you, try Citta di Kyoto.

11th July, 2010

sniffsniff's avatar
    sniffsniff

I find the comparison to Daim Blond to be spot on. In a way, this interpretation even more evokes the feeling of suede in its fuzzy/powdery texture. The longevity seems to be fine on me, but it is a subdued fragrance. I would have to say that after a couple of hours maybe it hasn't let me down as much as the Lutens in terms of devolution/fading... I'm glad I came back to it after not really thinking much of it on first test.

18 May, 2009