Il Mio Sogno (1939)

• Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

Average Rating:

Il Mio Sogno Fragrance Notes

Il Mio Sogno information

Il Mio Sogno is a unisex fragrance by Borsari 1870. The scent was launched in 1939

Reviews of Il Mio Sogno

Showing 1 to of 2 reviews.
    positive 1 Positive Reviewsneutral1 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

Habanita anita's avatar

Not that I'd expected something terrific, no, but this has somewhat exceeded my expectations even though I do not find it a memorable fragrance at all.
    Unlike the other review states, I can't detect any floral not at all. I was intrigued by the gardenia presence, but to my nose this is totally absent. All I get is woods and lots of powder. The lasting power is nice and you surely can wear it with generous applications.
    It's hard to get tired with it so I am sure I will enjoy the huge bottle I bought very cheaply.
    If you like old school fragrances and you are lucky enough to find it as cheap as mine, do not hesitate and go for it.

06th November, 2012 (Last Edited: 07th November, 2012)

Having experienced the lightness of several other Borsari fragrances, Il Mio Sogno came as a complete surprise. Although still not overpowering, this one is complex, dark, edgy, and sensual. And it has in abundance two of my favorite notes. First, I love a competently presented rosewood in a fragrance, and this one does a brilliant job with that versatile, elegant, and somewhat exotic wood note; I also love the way the rosewood is combined with the coriander, and the citruses of the opening. The rosewood continues into the heart accord by combining with the florals: I get the hint of rose, but the strongest floral coming through is the gardenia, complete with all the indoles that that gardenia can muster. The indoles note is the second of my favorite notes. To my nose, the indoles form the foundation of the fragrance while the rosewood acts in combination with the indoles to create such an excellently elegant and sensual motif. From this point, the gardenia indoles gain control and the rosewood is gradually lost in transition. The top and heart have good longevity. In the base, the indoles from the gardenia continue and add a discreet incense to the accord. There’s a green vetiver in the accord, too, and a touch of moss to supply some earthiness to the mix. The base loses intensity, becomes a bit soapy, and becomes a skin scent that has very good longevity but stays extremely close – there’s no sillage at all. I think that this fragrance is reminiscent of the ‘40s feminine chypres; but even with its older heritage, I wonder why it is not better known. I really love it.

23rd August, 2008