Eau Parfumée au Thé Rouge (2005)
    by Bulgari

• Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 247 ratings

Eau Parfumée au Thé Rouge information

Eau Parfumée au Thé Rouge is a unisex fragrance by Bulgari. The scent was launched in 2005

Shop for Eau Parfumée au Thé Rouge products online

50ml EdP
    100ml EdP
    100ml Cologne
    100ml EdP
    50ml EdP
    Get a monthly supply
    Subscribe to Scentbird and receive a 30-day supply of the scent of your choice for $14.95/ month. (US only)
    Learn more

Reviews of Eau Parfumée au Thé Rouge

Showing 1 to 6 of 56 reviews.

philistine's avatar

Having tripped over a miniatures gift set of this fragrance in a local charity shop, I'm very pleasantly surprised - I enjoy simple, understated and unisex and this is such a relaxed, easy fragrance I'll be delighted to keep it around. I wasn't expecting the sweetness, but it's well tempered by the tannic edge to the tea and definitely puts the fragrance in the unique and characterful category. Lasting power is, as other reviewers have commented, a flaw.

27th November, 2014

danieq's avatar

I find this to be a comfort scent. I enjoy it enough to have purchased a backup bottle. I'm no good with notes, but what I experience here is smooth and comfortable in terms of temperature. This is neither a hot nor a cold scent, it's comfortable. This feels confident just as it is. I often wear this one to bed as it seems a very personal scent to me. I've not found anything even remotely like it.

My only beef is that longevity is not up to par.

18th January, 2014

chocolate's avatar

Bulgaria Bulgaria

I have had and used the fragrance for several years. I loved it from the first spritz and i still love it with passion.
    It is definitely a feminine fragrance in my opinion, I cannot imagine a man to be able to pull it off, but you could never know for sure. For me it is a nice feminine fresh and energizing fragrance.
    I enjoy it during the colder months, but adore it in the summer. I don't find it steamy at all during the hotter weather, it just lifts more in the air whereas during the colder months stays closer to your skin.
    To me it is a fruity-nutty fresh smell of rooibos tea, semi-sweet, very long lasting, and without any bad development. It does develops from more fruity to more nutty, but in a very pleasant to my nose way.
    If i have to have and use only two or three fragrances, this will be one of them for sure.

07th April, 2012

blood-orange's avatar

If you want rich, dark, concentrated tea, look no further, you can't get much more tea-like than this.

I thought I was smelling something by Demeter when I first tried Eau Parfumee au The Rouge. It was tea bags alright, a heady, thick aroma of a cup of tea, minus the milk and sugar.

Due to its strong tea note, it sways more to the masculine side of things, however I'm not saying that women can't wear this too. I'm not a big tea drinker, however I do find the scent somewhat pleasant, rich and energizing in a way.

Eau Parfumee au The Rouge is oriental in some instances, especially with the additives of fig and musk. Despite the fact that this fragrance is encouraged to be worn in the Summer months, I tend not to agree. I do believe that this fragrance could literally become too steamy and cloying in hot weather.

The lasting strength of this fragrance is pretty poor unfortunately, but yet what can you expect from a cologne? Perhaps layering this fragrance with other scents, like I do with Eau Parfumee au The Blanc, could improve its longevity and make it less linear. Either way it's worth a try.

22nd March, 2012

misscasey's avatar

Very unique and distinctive scent here! Slightly sweet, a little sharp and synthetic, but certainly interesting. Spicy in a clean sort of way, almost like catnip. I would probably wear this if it didn't give me such a headache.

01st March, 2012

Symphonies's avatar

On application one is greeted with the slightly sharp yet musty, molasses sweetness of dried fig. But remember, this IS Bulgari. Their hallmark sense of restraint is at work so the fig is not overly potent and its sweetness is dark and mellow. The use of fig is also a wonderful alternative to a citrus top note which would seem the likely default pairing in tea based fragrances.
    After just a few minutes the fig recedes and takes its place under the emerging and eventually dominant scent of tea. This isn't a note laden fragrance. As others have mentioned you probably won't pick out other notes. But the fig and tea create a counterpoint that work individually and harmoniously. Each note is distinguishable yet complex enough to create something quite exotic. Also, this is a quiet scent, so one shouldn't expect to make a bold, public statement by wearing it.
    Finally, to the question other reviewers have posed: is Rouge a unisex scent or really just feminine? I actually bought Rouge on a whim for my wife assuming it was feminine. She saw it listed on BN as unisex, felt it leaned toward being masculine and suggested I try it. Rouge seems to really straddle the gender fence. On one hand, the quiet, ethereal nature of the fragrance, along with its underlying sweetness, sings in a feminine voice. However, the sweetness is not stereotypically feminine -the tea is not overtly floral and the fig is not sugary- therefore "ethereal" could easily become contemplative and its singing voice, a light baroque tenor. With that in mind, I can imagine wearing this scent for my own pleasure on a quiet day off.

12th February, 2012

Add your review of Eau Parfumée au Thé Rouge

Search for on eBay United States

AU THE ROUGE (RED TEA) by Bvlgari 3.3 / 3.4 oz edc Perfume Spray * New In Box
    • Time Left: 6 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    BULGARI "Eau The Rouge" Eau de Cologne, 3.4 fl. oz.
    • Listing Type: Auction
    • Time Left: 26 days
    Bulgari Bvlgari 3 Piece Boxed Gift Set Au the Rouge Sample Size Unisex Scent
    • Time Left: 14 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    Bvlgari 2x1.5ml of eau parfumee au the blanc & eau the rouge (Bulgari)
    • Listing Type: Auction with Buy it Now