Matin Calin Sugar Milk / Lait Sucré (1999)
by Comptoir Sud Pacifique

Matin Calin Sugar Milk / Lait Sucré information

Year of Launch1999

HouseComptoir Sud Pacifique

About Matin Calin Sugar Milk / Lait Sucré

Matin Calin Sugar Milk / Lait Sucré is a shared / unisex perfume by Comptoir Sud Pacifique. The scent was launched in 1999

Matin Calin Sugar Milk / Lait Sucré fragrance notes

Reviews of Matin Calin Sugar Milk / Lait Sucré

kankri Show all reviews
Matin Calin captures what it aims to: warmed milk with lots and lots of sugar. It has a bit of a burnt note which I personally enjoy, rather like the sugar has begin to caramelize. Makes me think of slowly boiling milk in a pan, though, with the burnt note, I've probably left it just a bit too long. This fragrance doesn't change at all throughout, it is very simple and unsurprising.

It has poor sillage, you must be right up to the skin to smell it. It also has poor lasting power, pretty much gone in an hour. This is a thumbs up and positive review, however. It is recommendable. If you like a warm, milky comfort scent, Matin Calin pulls it off. Not sure I'd ever wear it outside the home.
05th January, 2013
Eww. This definitely smells like baby vomit. And I don't like kids, so this is not a good thing at all.
27th January, 2010
Kaern Show all reviews
I think the tester must have been off -- it smelt like baby's sick. The sales assistant called me over as he had smelt earlier and wanted me to confirm that it was the worst smell ever and I almost gagged -- rotten milk mixed with toffee -- this wasn't auto suggestive, it was baaaad. If it wasn't off, I don't want to be near anyone who is wearing this. Makes Secretions Magnifique seem like a bouquet of flowers in comparison.
23rd April, 2009
I like this a lot better than I thought I would. I mean… sugared milk? How attractive is that as a personal fragrance? Well, it does attract: it’s fun; it’s unique; it’s enjoyable. There is a weak milk note, a weak sugar note, and a weak vanilla note, and they combine to form this light and delicious gourmand, I think the reason I like it is that its lightness doesn’t allow it to get annoying. Very linear, but that’s not a problem in this case. Somewhat feminine as far as I’m concerned, but I wouldn’t argue if others don’t see it that way. I’ve seen the comments about incredibly poor longevity, but it lasts about an hour and a half to two hours on my skin. I like it.
23rd August, 2008
I like the smell of Matin Calin, but to call this a body scent? I don't know. It's a little strange walking around smelling like butterscotch. They call it "toffee milk" but I don't smell the milk or the sandalwood. I do smell the vanilla and what they call "sugar candy." The scent is warm and creamy, for sure, but it's a bit too much like wearing food for my tastes. To each his/her own!
02nd June, 2007
Fabulous! But only in the beginning. For real milk lovers. Very sweet, even sticky and although so far this is the first "milky" fragrance I find quite satisfying, I cannot wear it all day long. It is rather boring and the fresh notes that probably were supposed to add some life to the milk and sugar are disturbing.
The longivity is dissapointing.
26th February, 2007

Add your review of Matin Calin Sugar Milk / Lait Sucré

Shop for Matin Calin Sugar Milk / Lait Sucré products online

Search Amazon for Matin Calin Sugar Milk / Lait Sucré

Member images of Matin Calin Sugar Milk / Lait Sucré

There are no member images of Matin Calin Sugar Milk / Lait Sucré yet. Why not be the first?