Nymphéa (2004)

Nymphéa information

Year of Launch2004

HouseIl Profumo

About Nymphéa

Nymphéa is a shared / unisex perfume by Il Profumo. The scent was launched in 2004

Reviews of Nymphéa

Nymphea, on the side of Ninfeo Mio, some others Annick Goutal's, fragrances from L'Occitane, from Etro, Cacharel and other brands, enters its name in the restrained ring of the dreamy, otherworldly fragrances that conjure spellbound ponds and woods of elfs. The link of notes as fig, musk, honey, rose and watery notes use to be a base for some  translucent and dreamy kind of fragrances as well as it happens in Nymphea. On this base some fruits, aquatic notes, bamboo, delicate flowers and citrus set here their influence creating a sort of discrete, watery, slightly laundry, floral and very feminine kind of smell. I love the link of fig, honey and musk over which the sophisticated mildness of jasmine, lily, white flowers of camp and rose grounds its shelter. The watery-woody accord (as underlined not ozonic but serenely aquatic), some citrus and the peach give the fluidity and exalt the transparence. Comforting and serene dreamy breeze.
19th September, 2011 (last edited: 20th September, 2011)
This is a nice soft scent for jasmine lovers and can also serve as an introductory white floral scent. The jasmine overpowers all the other notes from the first spritz. They become a wee bit more present in the dry down but the jasmine remains front and center all the way. I do smell something like patchouli in the dry down. It is not a listed note so perhaps it is a result of an interaction of some of the other notes. This is not aquatic to me which might be why I am giving it a neutral lol! To me it is a nice soft floral. I do not detect any aquatic or marine facets whatsoever.

If you only enjoy white florals from a distance because you find them too much up close, you will likely enjoy this one because it has been stripped of the monstrous sillage and wears closer to the skin than most jasmine scents. It is also softer and airier which makes it less offensive than the richer, sharper and denser jasmines on the market. It has average to low sillage as noted above and the longevity is about 12+ hours on me. If I was ever in need of a lovely soft inoffensive jasmine scent, this will fit the bill :).
31st July, 2011
I don't smell anything marine or watery about this. It goes on as a veil of shimmering, slightly sneezy white musk that parts suddenly to reveal a heart of honey and fruit. In the drydown, the musk returns and tends to predominate, and the soapy quality of it reminds me a little of a very nice bathroom. Apart from that, really lovely, and one that has grown on me. I find myself reaching for it more and more. I do wish it lasted a bit longer, and that the lovely fruity notes projected more.
17th August, 2009 (last edited: 15th September, 2009)
Tovah Show all reviews
Beautiful - airy, cool, fresh. Nymphéa is true to its name through it's pure, white waterlily notes, but it's the hints of orange, jasmine, and light peach that make this outstanding on my skin. I swear I smell mint in the topnotes, and neither the fig nor the honey show themselves as individuals, but they're undoubtedly responsible for the dreamy sweetness in the drydown that makes me just love this fragrance.
09th February, 2007
ordered a sample of Nymphea as I love fig. Nymphea notes: bamboo, white peach, sweet orange, white water lily, lothus flowers, water jasmine, lily-of-the-valley, white rose, white fig, honey. The combination is a sure winner (at least for me). Yes, at first, very sweet but later comforting and honey-like. I could smell it throughout the day (occasional whiffs) and it made me smile. Price is a bit of a bummer. In conclusion, I still give it thumbs up:-)
05th February, 2007
This starts off VERY sharp, almost offensive, strong waterlily. That calms within a few minutes to a very serene waterlily scent with tiny hints of milky fig and honey. This is an aquatic scent that doesn't reek of "ozone accord" or algae. My only complaint is after inital application there is not alot sillage.
26th April, 2006

Add your review of Nymphéa

Shop for Nymphéa products online

Shop for Nymphéa at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Nymphéa

Member images of Nymphéa

There are no member images of Nymphéa yet. Why not be the first?