Hoggar (2005)

Based on 40 ratings

Hoggar information

Hoggar is a men's fragrance by Yves Rocher. The scent was launched in 2005

Reviews of Hoggar

Showing 1 to 6 of 12 reviews.

Josh839's avatar

This is a fragrance of very nice quality: warm, sober and classy.

In 2005, it was a kind of 1 Million before its time. It is dryer and simpler, but I find some similarities with 1 Million (mainly the cinnamon, woody notes and amber).

Hoggar is more elaborated to me than the official notes featured. I discern a cinnamon vibe, hints of mint, broader woody notes than only cedar and hints of amber. Maybe it’s the tonka beans that give me the impression for some of these notes.

Although appropriate for evening too, Hoggar, because it is more sober and discrete, could be a great day counterpart for Paco Rabanne 1 Million which, being louder and sweeter, is particularly good for the evening.

On me, longevity is very good (between 7 and 12 h). Projection is moderate, but will become close to the skin after 3 1/2 to 4 hours. So reapplication might be on the agenda.

A really charming woody scent.

19th November, 2014

sophulla's avatar

Germany Germany

I smell cardamum, cardamum, cardamum ... If you love this spice like I do, it is a very fine, pleasant scent (and - why not - suits well for women, too.)

24th July, 2012

shamu1's avatar

Hoggar is a reference masculine oriental fragrance for me, the kind I'd have someone smell if he wanted to know what an oriental fragrance smelled like. It's warm, spicy, woody and mildly sweet with its amber base, good to wear all year long because it's not a heavy or overly sweet scent. It's dry and transparent enough to wear in the heat of summer, but spicy and rich enough to warm your heart in the dead of winter. What I like most about Hoggar is its woodiness and a bit of an almondy smell underlying everything. I must respectfully disagree with foetidus' comment about Hoggar smelling synthetic; I find Hoggar to be very natural smelling, in large part because of how well balanced and blended this is.

The only negative thing I can say about this is that it's not particularly inspired or unique, though I can't point to one single fragrance that it's similar to. Hoggar is simply an excellent oriental masculine that just smells great, with excellent all-day longevity and good sillage. It's not some raging powerhouse by any means, but rather a classy, tasteful and rich scent that represents excellent value for your dollar. Another really good release from Yves Rocher..

MY RATING: 8/10

19th May, 2010

maribo's avatar

I love hoggar, it is a sweat fragrance.On me it s verry creamy,chocolaty whit a little bit of spiceness and last a long time

23rd December, 2009 (Last Edited: 28th February, 2010)

Andrewthecologneguy's avatar

Nigeria Nigeria

This is not as glorious as many reviews proclaim. Its OK, a bit spicy, sweet gourmandish, some fuzzy notes (not rounded, just fuzzy). I have tried to "like" it, but with sooooooo many other options, I don't see why I would go out of my way to wear this. I prefer such popular sweet spicy offerings as Givenchy Pi, (albeit Pi Fresh), Mugler's A*Men/B*Men and flankers and more.

21st November, 2009

The synthetic combination of bergamot and cedarwood is pernicious. I have known very few fragrances that I found as annoying as Hoggar is when it hits my skin. I bought a bottle blind and it’s another one of my regrets of blind-buying decisions. Regardless of when it was developed, I find Hoggar one of those ‘90s offerings that have that synthetic, conglomerate miasma thing going – only this one is worst than most. In four attempts I have never been able to keep it on my skin for more than fifteen minutes – in the past that has only happened with leather, violet leaf, or orchid prominent fragrances. There is no note listed in Hoggar that I dislike, so I’m guessing my problem with it is the quality of the ingredients or the proportions of the assembly, or maybe it’s the skin reaction thing. In any case, this is an emphatic thumb’s down.

10th August, 2009

Add your review of Hoggar

Search for on eBay United States

VTG BNIB YVES ROCHER HOGGAR EDT EAU TOILETTE SPRAY 75ML 2.5 FL OZ FOR MEN WOMEN?
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left: 26 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    Yves Rocher Hoggar After Shave Lotion 3.4 fl. oz. or 100ml.
    • Listing Type: Auction with Buy it Now
    • Time Left: 1 day
    (Shipping from United States)
    HOGGAR FOR MEN YVES ROCHER EAU DE TOILETTE SPRAY 2.5 oz./75 ml. NEW -SEALED BOX!
    • Time Left: 20 days