Tumulte pour Homme (2005)
by Christian Lacroix

Tumulte pour Homme information

Year of Launch2005

HouseChristian Lacroix
Parent CompanyInter Parfums

About Tumulte pour Homme

Tumulte pour Homme is a masculine fragrance by Christian Lacroix. The scent was launched in 2005

Tumulte pour Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Tumulte pour Homme

A well refined, fresh, spicy frag. However not my cup of tea whatsoever. Diptyque Oyedo, Timbuktu, Guerlain Boisee and now Tumult - that line or better yet type of fragrances just don't sit well with me. Tumult is a powerful name, however a scent of a sad reminiscence of the past times.Woody notes are prominent, plum note is quite generous and I'm really a plum note fan in general. Tumult is more modern approach to this particular style of fragrances, so to me it is not in the thumb down zone like the former mentioned. I might in fact occasionally see myself wearing this fragrance, but too occasionally to own a full bottle.

(tried 01.06.2014.)
02nd June, 2014
bFlay Show all reviews
Really, really fun fragrance. Rich classic "male" notes mingle with the more modern trend toward green and sweet fragrances for men. Opens with an herbal/floral quality that evokes grass, rain, and a bit of juniper and/or lily. This evolves quickly to a warm patchouli that isn't so much smoky as it is muddled and muted. The heart of this fragrance is really a cedar quality softened by the green notes. Tumulte pour Homme is just a little unique and reassuringly familiar. A great fragrance for the middle-of-life man who works and plays in broad spectrum social environs. Light enough for day. Bold enough for night. Fun, not serious and sometimes that is attractive.
23rd April, 2013
Yes, somewhere between Gucci Rush for Men and Kyoto. Cedarwood galore with soft balmy-incensey undertones and a funny twist provided by a gin-like quality during the opening. Unpretentious, modern and inoffensive yet not dull. Very reasonably priced (if not cheap) and absolutely delightful. A little gem.

25th December, 2012
sfmedusa Show all reviews
Tumulte pourHomme has taught me one thing, and that thing is that a cedar scented mallet gives me a headache and makes me feel ill.

I blind bought this for my partner. His job involves personal care and working in very close quarters with other people, so it's important that he smells nice even at the end of a 14 hour day, so he uses scent every day and reapplies during the day too. I buy him a selection of mid-range scents so that this is achieved, and on first smelling I thought that TPH was an interesting and stimulating departure from the pretty standard citrus and/or vanilla scents which are around for men.

My interest in this frag lasted about half an hour, right until the headache started. From that moment on any time I walked into his presence when he was wearing it, the headache started back up again.

He went from 3 or 4 sprays down to 2 and then to 1, but it made no difference. He likes it and consequently it has not been thrown away, but if he ever wears it in my presence again he knows that I will.
22nd September, 2012
It's a shame that Tumulte Pour Homme has gone the way of the brontosaurus. This is not for everyone, obviously, but one of the very best cedar-dominated fragrances. Jenson referred to Tumulte as "mysterious" and I absolutely agree. Its lack of complexity doesn't bother me one bit and I really enjoy the interplay between the everpresent cedar notes and the incense. Sometimes I detect a trace of anise in the background. If impartial polls matter in your assessment of fragrance, Tumulte garners more positive comments for me than nearly any other cologne. It is masculine yet nice and as the worldwide supply has apparently been exhausted, most people will never have the opportunity to experience this joy of a woody scent. Over time, that will make Tumulte even more mysterious...
22nd December, 2010
SHAUNO Show all reviews
I like this one. I own the aftershave of this but i wear it as cologne. Too me this and Terre D Hermes are related. I think its the cedar.. This one seems sweeter than Hermes though...
20th December, 2010

Add your review of Tumulte pour Homme

Shop for Tumulte pour Homme products online

Search Amazon for Tumulte pour Homme

Member images of Tumulte pour Homme

There are no member images of Tumulte pour Homme yet. Why not be the first?