Fleur d'Oranger (2005)

Fleur d'Oranger information

Year of Launch2005

HouseL'Artisan Parfumeur

About Fleur d'Oranger

Fleur d'Oranger is a shared / unisex perfume by L'Artisan Parfumeur. The scent was launched in 2005

Reviews of Fleur d'Oranger

On Gathering Orange Blossoms

This is what I've been looking for, and why I became interested in fragrance in the first place.

It's a funny story actually. Well maybe not funny, but I'm sure not many have come to love a fragrance by way of a punch bowl.

Here in NYC, there's a restaurant that started out as a speakeasy, called Cienfuegos, that required navigating through a Cuban sandwich shop up a hidden set of stairs to a gilded room. The gimmick was that they served drinks in silver plated punch bowls, accompanied by small flower-shaped glasses with dainty handles. The perfect place for my bachelorette party.

One of the drinks served that night was a concoction called an Isle of Manhattan Fizz. It consisted of rum and gin and pineapple and coconut and something else that made it less like Club Med in the Caribbean and more like drinking perfume. It was orange blossom water.

I found the recipe for the drink online, bought a bottle of orange blossom water at Kalustyan's, and I was hooked. I realized the reason I loved Morrocanoil hair treatment, and why I loved white floral perfume - it was orange blossoms. I bought a bottle of neroli essential oil at the health food store, added it to some sweet almond oil, and to this day cover myself in the stuff after every shower.

Then I started sampling petitgrain. And the oil of the bitter orange. And I thought - all the notes are there! The wood, the floral, the green, the citrus - one could make a perfume out of the gifts of the bitter orange tree. I found said fragrance in Fleur d'Oranger, and then found out it was made in limited quantities and would cost me my first-born child and the help of Holmes and Watson to procure a bottle. Of course.

So I hunted down a 3ml sample of the 2005 vintage, and heaven was mine. It was everything I wanted - the heady floral, the creamy white petals, the minute indoles, the softness, the light citrus, the wood and green leaves of the tree. That something that hits me right in the limbic system and makes me feel like a goddess and a queen and a wood nymph, simultaneously. I want to bathe in a dilution of it like Marilyn Monroe bathed in champagne.

I'm gushing, but this is coming from someone who has an unabashed love of orange blossoms. Perhaps I should be more embarrassed, less enthusiastic. But finding one's scent soul mate is a beautiful, beautiful thing.

Of course, she has to be hard to get.

Pros: All the orange tree has to offer
Cons: Rarity and expense"

22nd July, 2013
bokaba Show all reviews
The opening is a quite nice and natural orange blossom. Perhaps a sweet orange blossom since I like bitter blossom better. Too feminine for me to ever wear--clearly out of unisex territory for me. Like I say the opening is a natural blossom but it is mottled by a synthetic tuberose and some other white flowers. Not my thing. I'd try C & S Neroli first.
11th December, 2010
probably my favorite orange blossom scent. much more natural than TF's Neroli Portofino, not as girly as SL's Fd'O. Beautifully structured and very unisex.
16th July, 2009
i got some bergamot and neroli oil from a guy who makes his own oil blends and they smell just like this. So my mind was not blown but I do love this scent. This is what real stuff smells like. Precious and temporary. It doesn't really stick around long enough to be a fragrance unfortunately, more of a 300$ aromatherapy pick me up. ouch. Get a sample for rainy days.
14th April, 2009
simply the gold standard of orange blossom perfumes There has no equal.
12th April, 2009
I wish I didn't like it so much. I am trying to figure out how to rob a bank to buy a bottle. Sweet and delicate and almost sensual. Someone else remarked that they couldn't get past the bergamot, I found that the bergamot faded just a little too quickly for me. It may be the most beautiful thing I've ever smelled.
02nd October, 2008

Add your review of Fleur d'Oranger

Shop for Fleur d'Oranger products online

Search Amazon for Fleur d'Oranger

Member images of Fleur d'Oranger

There are no member images of Fleur d'Oranger yet. Why not be the first?