Hugo Pure Purple (2006)

HouseHugo Boss
PackagingLutz Herrmann
Parent Company at launchProcter & Gamble > P&G Prestige Beaute

About Hugo Pure Purple

Hugo Pure Purple is a feminine perfume by Hugo Boss. The scent was launched in 2006 and the bottle was designed by Lutz Herrmann

Hugo Pure Purple fragrance notes

Reviews of Hugo Pure Purple

At first sniff, I was in awe. THIS was going to be my signature fragrance! Original, seductive, ethereal - everyone agreed. Sweet but not-too-sweet. Delicious marzipan holiday-like specialness, delightfully balanced by notes of sophisticated suede. Compliments came. And then?...and then something went wrong. I couldn't even come close to finishing the bottle. What was once so delightfully sensual became cloying and annoying. Off. Something about this fragrance disturbs me now and I can't quite put my finger on it. Perhaps it's just too young, too fickle, too undecided about itself. There is an almost harsh note in there now that I hadn't picked up on in the beginning, not harsh enought to cause a headache, but it will grate on your nerves all day long like an overplayed song. The love affair burned out much faster than I anticipated. I had enough. I can't go back, it's over.
22nd March, 2013
Another gift from my husband. It's nice enough but nothing to write home about. I felt obligated to wear it rather than wanting to wear it. Just nothing special to my nose.
28th November, 2012
Pure Purple is more of a gourmand to my nose, not so much a fruity floral in my humble opinion.

This fragrance is indeed delicate and sweet, but not in a sickening way. When first applied, Pure Purple smells like gingerbread cookies. There are hints of sugar, ginger, spices and almond. Just sniffing it was making me hungry.

In the heart, the scent continues with its sweetness. Candied violets and white cyclamen with an overload of sugar. Nectarine makes a brief appearance right before the drydown, rather than in the top notes, however the leather overshadows the fruitiness of the scent.

The leather in Pure Purple is not like the leather in let's say Bandit by Robert Piguet. This is leather that can appeal to a younger audience; synthetic and subtle. The lasting strength is really good and the sillage not very strong but not subtle either.

I find Pure Purple to be a little different, not exactly what you'd expect from a mainstream brand. Purple doesn't seem to be the right colour for this scent. I'm thinking a reddish brown or even black would compliment this fragrance better.

26th June, 2011
The opening top notes were so-so perhaps a bit like a synthetic candy for a minute or two then it seems to shift to a nice creamy vanilla(I assume this would be the marzipan). I liked it and will have to get a bottle .
09th May, 2010
good soft sweet violety scent...I like it.
15th April, 2010
I smelt this fragrance way back when it first came out-and boy did it disappoint!!
It seems like Pure purple was create on a (quick) whim because Deep red was so popular and makers most likely thought Pure purple would catch on and be just as popular. Not for me! It smells too much like marzipan and thats all i could smell! with a tiny bit of lily flower somewhere when it dried down-both of which i dislike-especially marzipan. Such a disappointment, one of the worst fragrances scents i have come across.
08th March, 2009 (last edited: 30th September, 2009)

Add your review of Hugo Pure Purple

Shop for Hugo Pure Purple products online

Shop for Hugo Pure Purple at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Hugo Pure Purple

Member images of Hugo Pure Purple

There are no member images of Hugo Pure Purple yet. Why not be the first?