Terre d'Hermès (2006)

Year of Launch2006

PerfumerJean-Claude Ellena
PackagingPhilippe Mouquet

About Terre d'Hermès

Terre d'Hermès – meaning 'Earth of Hermès' – was launched in March 2006. Perfumer, Jean-Claude Ellena was inspired in the creation of the fragrance by the works of author, Jean Giono.

The fragrance features notes of orange, gunflint, flint, vetiver and benzoin. The bottle was designed by Hermès designer, Philippe Mouquet, and features an 'H' cut into the base of the bottle.

The fragrance was joined by a Parfum version in 2009, and more recently Terre d'Hermès Eau Très Fraîche in 2014.

Hermès say:

The history of an alchemic journey through the elements: earth, air and water. A woody, vegetal and mineral eau de toilette

Terre d'Hermès fragrance notes

Reviews of Terre d'Hermès

Went neutral on this because I have a love/hate relationship with TdH.

On one hand, it is very powerful - unmistakeable even. It goes on thick and just keeps getting thicker - for the days you just need to be a two-legged airfreshener, TdH is superb.

On the other, it can be too strong. I've found myself putting one or two spritzes of this on in the morning, and still reeking of it by the evening. If you work or wear it in an enclosed environment, be warned - althought it is a generally 'nice' fragrance other people may not thank you for wearing it!

I do like it, I like how it goes on, I like how it dries down but it is no longer a go-to fragrance, it gets used when I'm out in the fresh air, rather than in the office, or as a "I can't be bothered" type of fragrance when out on an alcoholic night out.
05th November, 2015
Very chemically, unfinished, blend of some incredibly interesting notes. I find TdH to be overrated in the extreme, but as a sensibly priced (though not budget) fragrance it's worth trying out.

Not for me, I much prefer Bleu Noir by Narciso Rodriguez, which is a real man's fragrance with some craft to it.
19th October, 2015
It's loaded with Iso E Super so people without an interest in fragrance will tell you you smell good, if that's what you're after. Calone or Iso E = compliments. Okay, I'll be in the other room stinking of Amouage Gold which everyone hates but which makes me feel like the evil prepubescent maharajah from Temple of Doom, whatever.

Really, it smells good but ZZZZzzzzzzzzzz. Feels like something given to men who will never wear it except on "special occasions" which just means they'll never wear it.
02nd October, 2015
Terre d'Hermes was the fragrance that turned me on fragrances. A friend of mine was wearing it while we were on a boat cruising around the Puget Sound on a sunny day. The mixture of the fragrance, the salt water, and the pine trees was hypnotizing to me and I knew I must have it! It is citrusy and woody with a hint of pepper and some spices. Very masculine and earthy, yet sporty. Unfortunately it isn't as amazing on my skin, but still a wonderful fragrance nonetheless. I give it an 8.5/10.
03rd September, 2015
Earthy,sweet but to me it reminded me of "Beachballs"....the new plastic smell like plastic orange scent.....Yeah i know...odd huh!...Overall though despite that weird likening its a nice smell but i sold it so for me i wasnt to enamoured!
26th July, 2015
Terre d' Hermes I made into my signature scent.
I learned to love its smell of rotten oranges and grapefruits smoldering in a vinyl sack on a sunbaked, blistering rock while the wood is on fire, drenched in Iso E Super, the Mono-sodium glutamate of the perfume world.
12th July, 2015

Add your review of Terre d'Hermès

Shop for Terre d'Hermès products online

Shop for Terre d'Hermès at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Terre d'Hermès