Terre d'Hermès (2006)

HouseHermès
PerfumerJean-Claude Ellena
PackagingPhilippe Mouquet

About Terre d'Hermès

Terre d'Hermès – meaning 'Earth of Hermès' – was launched in March 2006. Perfumer, Jean-Claude Ellena was inspired in the creation of the fragrance by the works of author, Jean Giono.

The fragrance features notes of orange, gunflint, flint, vetiver and benzoin. The bottle was designed by Hermès designer, Philippe Mouquet, and features an 'H' cut into the base of the bottle.

The fragrance was joined by a Parfum version in 2009, and more recently Terre d'Hermès Eau Très Fraîche in 2014.

Hermès say:

The history of an alchemic journey through the elements: earth, air and water. A woody, vegetal and mineral eau de toilette

Terre d'Hermès fragrance notes

Reviews of Terre d'Hermès

Stardate 20180529:

Orange bitters, pepper and IsoE.
Liked it a lot when I was new but I find that I don't wear it anymore. It reminds me a the roach spray and that sort of killed it for me.
A nice fragrance otherwise and lasts long.
29th May, 2018
I'm not a fan of fragrance but I really like design of the bottle.

So, kudos to the bottle designer from me.
27th May, 2018
Let me in a chemistry lab and i'll do my best to produce a fragrance close to this one. I'll randomly mix some substances and then i'll add benzoin and some orange+lime juices on this cocktail.

On the top of my "masterpiece" i'll add some Raid spray foam against crawling insects.

So my perfume is done and i can name it Terre d'Hermès Clone.

How in the world Terre d'Hermès is classified as a perfume?
23rd May, 2018
This is a really nice dirty orange fragrance with main notes of orange, black pepper and vetiver. Unfortunately it only lasts a memory on my skin due to the Iso-e-Super in it (a note which I'm anosmic to). But not everyone is anosmic to Iso-e so it may work better on you. I will try the EDP version and see if it fares better for me, or perhaps one of its clones like Yardley Citrus and Wood or D.R. Harris Windsor. Overall incredible scent, not so great performance on me.

06th May, 2018 (last edited: 08th May, 2018)
10is Show all reviews
Without a doubt a modern classic! Terre opens with wet vetiver and citrus, before hitting you with pepper and drying down to a woody and ever-so-slightly sweet base. I cannot count the number of times I have smelt this walking down the street in a crowded city like New York (on other people), so I can only assume this is what it would project like on myself.

Rating: 10/10
02nd May, 2018
JohnL4 Show all reviews
Somebody else called it "resin-y", I think, and I can see that. I myself think of (as the hours go by) as weirdly reminiscent of eucalyptus and maybe menthol, which sounds awful and doesn't match what others say. It's like an olfactory illusion.

It's rich and citrus-y and a little heavy and has kind of a "punch" compared to what I usually wear (Kenneth Cole Mankind, Guerlain Vetiver, if I can spell it right). It's also got a little sharp/bitter/musky smell as it dries down. Maybe that's where the eucalyptus is coming from? I know I'm not using the right language at all.

Still trying to decide whether I like it enough for the price. I just have a little spray sample vial right now.
24th February, 2018

Add your review of Terre d'Hermès

Shop for Terre d'Hermès products online

Search for on eBay United States

Hermes TERRE D'HERMES for Men ~ PARFUM Spray ~ 1.0 oz, 2.5 oz, 4.2 oz, 6.7 oz

• USD $46.95
  • Time Left: 13 days
  • Shipping from: United States

Terre D'Hermes by Hermes 3.3 oz.After Shave Lotion Splash.Men.New in Sealed Box.

• USD $49.94

Terre D'Hermes by Hermes for Men 3.3 oz EDT Spray (Tester) Brand New

• USD $54.95
  • Time Left: 3 days
  • Shipping from: United States

Terre D'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche Tster by Hermes 2.5 oz/75 ml EDT Spray Men Tster

• USD $44.58