Richard James Cologne (2006)
by Richard James

Richard James Cologne information

Year of Launch2006

HouseRichard James
PerfumerYves Cassar
Parent CompanyAspects Beauty Company > Juniper

About Richard James Cologne

Richard James Cologne is a masculine fragrance by Richard James. The scent was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Yves Cassar

Reviews of Richard James Cologne

I suspect most of the reviews here actually belong to the EdT, and not to this scent, that is, the EdC.
The EdC has nothing at all in common with the EdT. The EdC is a fresh, extremely citric fragrance with no florals whatsoever.
A very citrousy opening that last more that the traditional citric fragrances. A slightly and very nicely balanced spicy heart is followed by a drydown that is a delicate sweet vetiver with the spicyness of basil and the citric note of verbena.
A very nice fragrance indeed, It does not lack versatility like the EdT (can be worn only in very formal ocasions), on the contrary, this EdC can worn anywere, anytime.
23rd December, 2012
This is a complex EdC, with a green, almost fruity feel from the florals right at the beginning, and apparently light woods underneath to go with it. Almost immediately, though, I notice a slightly metallic insistence to the top notes, which comes through more clearly in the middle. It's the same bright, heavy, tarnished golden metallic note that was too strong for me in AdP Colonia Intensa, but of course there's much less of it here. I'm a bit confused because I didn't detect it the last several times I tried this stuff. Still, it helps the scent maintain a kind of abstract coolness in spite of the creamy, slightly musty florals. By the base, these florals provide the surreal softness of a cool, downy pillow with a trace of incensey spices. Overall, I think it leans a bit too feminine, and is surprisingly thick and un-fresh, but I'll have to try it again considering how inconsistent it's been for me.
30th June, 2011
Richard James EDT is a nice surprise. Somehow I never expected fragrances with leather and tobacco notes to work so well in the heat and humidity. Happy to learn I've been mistaken all this time! RJ on me is a mid-weight fragrance, shadow-dappled and spicy. On my skin it doesn't make one fall into the depths of the notes (I'd originally only seen five listed - suede, Indian sandalwood, tobacco absolute, musk, and oak moss.- and thought "elegant simplicity!" Oops.) But it doesn't feel cluttered at all, possibly because I don't get *any* of the floral notes other than lavender, it just smells goooooooood.

12th August, 2009
Poor longevity but is a very nice cologne. It's a "dirty" edc that's more spicy and reminds me of a less repugnant Quorum.
31st January, 2009
This fragrance starts out very clean and green, but it doesn't last long. The middle notes come on strong after a couple of minutes. The tuberose, rose and lavender dominate the middle notes. I hate lavender, but its not very overwhelming so its not bad. The patchouli and vetiver start poking their head though first for the basenotes. The dry down is really good and high quality. Its finishes a nice clean yet spicy scent. Top notch!
23rd June, 2008

Add your review of Richard James Cologne

Shop for Richard James Cologne products online

Search Amazon for Richard James Cologne

Member images of Richard James Cologne

There are no member images of Richard James Cologne yet. Why not be the first?