Voyage (2006)

Shop for Voyage products online

50ml EdT
    50ml EdT

Reviews of Voyage

Showing 1 to 6 of 72 reviews.

Chanel1's avatar

This reminds of CK One, CK Euphoria Men, and Chrome Azzaro, and it might be my favorite of the four. There's no CK One in the house at the moment to compare. Chrome Azzaro doesn't work for me, but this Nautica Voyage and the CK scents work great for me This would make a good signature scent, but for me it's one for the rotation for a scent that makes me feels younger. I now have this and CK Euphoria Men, and I really don't need both. They're just small bottles though, so there should be enough days to make use of all this good juice.

Coming back to this review after several more wearings: The longevity is very good I've now realized. I've had this last over 24 hours. Other fragrances that linger for a long time can be annoying, but this one smells better and better to me.

20th October, 2014 (Last Edited: 01st December, 2014)

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Fougère

Five minutes into testing Nautica’s Voyage, and I was fully expecting to nod off. Blue liquid? Check. Aquatic top notes? Check. Fresh fougère structure? Check. But before my head had a chance to fall forward and my eyelids droop, something interesting happened. Where most aquatic fougères hum along through a Calone and woody amber midsection, Voyage veers off into an aggressively sweet tropical fruit and floral accord that could have come right out of a contemporary women’s fruity floral. What’s become tiresome in women’s fragrances is a novelty in the realm of men’s scents, and I perked up unexpectedly when it arose. At its heart Voyage smells remarkably like a pineapple-passion fruit juice blend that’s served at my favorite resort on Maui. It’s impossible to take seriously, but it’s undeniably bright, happy, and at the same time strangely luxurious. I can’t shake the beach and palm trees imagery, and so can’t see wearing Voyage on anything other than a hot summer day or an island vacation. (In that respect I guess the name is apt.)

Voyage’s drydown sadly reverts back to standard “clean,” with blatantly chemical synthetic woods, laundry detergent, and a too-generous helping of Calone for base notes. Had it gone to a warm musk with quality woods, or even a synthetic ambergris, it would have been a better end. Yet even with its disappointing exit, Voyage is far more interesting than most scents in this genre, and if you have to have an aquatic fougère fragrance, this one is at least worth investigating.

09th July, 2014

nightcutter's avatar

This is a hybrid of Dunhill Fresh and Joop Nightflight. It also reminds me of YSL L'Homme Libre.

It smells nice but does not last long. I don't regret owning it but I think both Fresh and Nightflight have a bit more character individually than the combined effect I smell in Voyage. I can't see myself buying this again. For a clean aquatic-type fragrance I'd prefer to wear Cool Water, Silver Shadow Altitude or Bvlgari.

The overall vibe is crisp yet powdery which, I I think is at odds with its description as an aquatic. I don't pick out any fruity or apple notes. Will it get you compliments? Yes, all the girls where I work love it!

25th June, 2014

Dave M.'s avatar

I'm not a fan of aquatics. That being said this fragrance embodies my dislike of that fragrance group thoroughly.I really regret spending the money, as small of an amount as it was, and gave this away after a month .
    Pros-
    - Its cheap, probably one of the cheapest scents out there, besides maybe axe ect. In terms of price you can get it as low as 10 dollars at some discount retailers.
    -It projects. This can also be a huge con as I will show in the reasons I dislike this, however if your looking for something that will get you noticed, for better or worse this will do the trick

Cons-
    -Smells cheap, Let me start by first addressing the obvious rebuttal "What do you expect for 10 bucks?!!".
    Well this isnt "cheap" as in low quality smelling, it smells completely synthetic. I do a lot of swimming and this is like the essence of chlorine with whatever chemicals they had leftover dumped in.
    - Notes are almost unrecognizable, I had to look up the notes on this, and as far as I can tell they are not present at all.
    -Projection, This is a pro right?, well yes and no , while it projects, it's chemical smell makes people think that someone over sprayed frebreez or axe.
    Honestly I cant recommend this, its not good at all and has given me a headache every time Ive worn it. I urge people to look at some of the threads on the forum and find a better cheap alternative if your on a budget, their are some very helpful threads on the topic of sub 20 dollar fragrances.
    Honestly I would give this a 2/10, and only then because of the price

24th May, 2014

Archer51's avatar

This is my signature scent! I live in the south and it is very refreshing and light scent to wear on hot days. It's a crisp scent for casual occasions not overpowering and my gf really loves it as well. I definitely recommend this if you are looking for a light aquatic fragrance.

15th March, 2014

bmn's avatar

Smells to me like St. Bart's Set Sail minus the lemon and coconut. It is really sweet. Decent projection/sillage/longevity. A nice summery scent.

05th March, 2014