Douceur de Vanille
    by Les Néréides

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 23 ratings

Douceur de Vanille information

Douceur de Vanille is a unisex fragrance by Les Néréides.

Shop for Douceur de Vanille products online

100ml EdP

Reviews of Douceur de Vanille

Showing 1 to 6 of 7 reviews.
    positive 5 Positive Reviewsneutral2 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

blackened's avatar

Spain Spain

The combination here of vanilla, almond and cacao reminds me somehow of a lighter Montale Sweet Oriental Deam..
    Subtle, pleasant but inoffensive...

10th March, 2014

Vanilla, powder, and simplicity.

High end baby powder… Baby powder with vanilla, cocoa, and almonds. A smooth, gentle, simple fragrance with no rough spots. On me it is linear, has a rather strong sillage, and lasts for a long time – especially when its final stage as a skin scent is taken into a consideration. Douceur de Vanille is a great scent if you like vanilla, powder, and simplicity. If any of these bother, forget it.

Pros: Smooth gentle, attractive.
    Cons: Not very complex."

01st October, 2013

frogsnsnails's avatar

This is exactly what everyone else has been saying---sweet baby powder, but oh, do I love it. That's exactly what I'm looking for, so I guess this fits the bill, and I'm not disappointed that I don't smell any gourmand vanilla. For that I rely on Acqua e Zucchero and The Exact Friction of Stars. Staying power is also kind of faint. Once again though, I don't mind; in fact I appreciate that it's an EDT. This innocent, gentle piece makes me want to wear a dainty little white lace set, melt into my bed, and just go 'aaaaah'. Innocently sexy.

18th July, 2012

kewart's avatar

I find this scent to be both comforting and alluring.
    It makes the wearer seem approachable.

07th June, 2011

msleslie's avatar

The way I perceive any scent is highly suggestible, depending on what I have read about it. The words shape my expectations and experience. This vanilla is very nice and more complex than many of the other straight vanilla scents I have tried.

The Perfumed Court describes this one as : "An incredibly smooth vanilla fragrance (made with bourbon vanilla) with additional notes of almond, cocoa, white rose, and star anise seed." I don't actually pick up any of those other elements except perhaps for cocoa, but I do know I enjoy wearing this one. It is a comfort scent for me, good for being at home.

There is nothing sophisticated about this vanilla, though - for sophistication I go to Guerlain's Spiritueuse Double Vanille. But if you like vanilla you would probably like Douceur de Vanille.

10th July, 2010

glitteralex's avatar

This has been compared to baby oil by more than one tester. I have to say, it is far more than that...Douceur de Vanille is a day at the beach- complete with baby oil for tanning, Desitin for baby bottoms and noses, melted chocolate almonds in a waxed paper bag, wild beach roses, salt air, warm squashed fruits, and sweating bottles of cream soda. Despite all this, DdV is not heavy or gourmand. This is not the powder of Flora Bella by Lalique or the candy of Montale's Chocolate Greedy, however, it may be the delicate and devastatingly beautiful sister of "L" by Lolita Lempicka. Instead, DdV is elusive, giving the wearer just a weaving glimpse of some uncertain seaside memory. I only wish it lasted a bit longer, but possibly that is part of its allure? Like others, I find something hauntungly familiar about this perfume. For me, perhaps it is the scent of past days at my grandparent's beach house. It is sure to hold a memory for you, as well....

26th January, 2010