Fleur Poudrée de Musc
    by Les Néréides

Average Rating: 3

Based on 18 ratings

Fleur Poudrée de Musc information

Fleur Poudrée de Musc is a unisex fragrance by Les Néréides.

Reviews of Fleur Poudrée de Musc

Showing 1 to 6 of 7 reviews.

Hoppity's avatar

I love this for layering. Some of the perfumes I loved in the past have lost their charm because of re formulations. A very small amount of Les Nereides followed by the perfume seems to power them up once again. Having said that, I would never wear it on its own, it's too one directional for that.

16 April, 2014

jtd's avatar

The name, the quaint bottle, the label (you really have to see the label.) It all tells you that this will be a powder-puff of a perfume designed for the sort of woman who tiptoes through her life as if La Sylphide and Giselle were living role models. The label even has a pair of symmetrical putti fluttering about carrying the name of the perfume on a banner you might find at the renaissance fair.

Don’t let the preciousness fool you, the topnotes make the opening of Luten’s Muscs Kublai Khan seem like a fresh rose on a pillow. Have you ever undressed somebody after a long day of winter sport, all those layers amplifying the scent of skin that’s sweated then dried multiple times? Remember that scent, then imagine some powder on top. That’s Fleur Poudrée.

Fleur Poudrée has all the sweet waxiness that the ‘skin musks’ have, but it also lays out a foul/powdery dichotomy that says proudly, “Embrace the unwholesomeness!” The flowers and musky berry-sweetness only serve to fill in the narrow middle between the boulder-like bookends of powder and funk.

Fleur Poudrée captures utterly what I love about musk-based perfumes. It tells you we’re animals and we in fact want to sniff each other. But it also tells you that much of what we learn from infancy onward, starting with ritual cleansings/circumcision/initiation ceremonies, is to keep others at arm’s length. The ‘personal space’ bit actually just means you stink and I stink and if human stink bothers you, you’ll never actually find a solution.

Fleur Poudrée exaggerates the carnal at the same time that it amplifies the classic defense against our own odor: powder. It’s the torrid disguised as the proper. Unless you’re in on the joke, Fleur Poudrée must be unsettling.

22 May, 2012 (Last Edited: 28 June, 2012)

sophi's avatar

Greece Greece

I have been hunting musk scents lately...it got me by the name!Yes,i bought blindly a 15 ml splash bottle and never regret it!Soft,powedery musk that it is not overpowered ...velvet and tender touch of musky accords melt with floral notes!It's definitely one good musky-poudree perfume , feminine and delicate!
    I like it very much!

02 April, 2011

evinick's avatar

Greece Greece

Innocent like an angel, light as a feather. Beautiful name for a scent that unfortunately failed to impress me. Quite soapy and more polite than it should seems to faint so rapidly on my skin. Misleading opening with a general and indistinct floral accord that eventually leads to a dull animalic musk. Perhaps a more concentrated version could let me appreciate it in full depth. More on the feminine side and with an upper age limit of 20 years.

29 January, 2010

cpk's avatar

Greece Greece

A trully unique concept. A floral but sour openning, a combination that never fails to captivate me, delicate but with a strong presence. Then what you least expect kicks in. A good strong oldfashioned musk. The real thing. Starts on the femine side of unisex, jumps into the masculine to waltz back to the middle of the range. Scentemental says it brings to mind Arome 3 and that just adds another one in my to-sample list. The only thing that drustrates me is that longevity is way below average but I think that this is due to me being anosmic to some types of musc. The way my clothes smell the day after the application is beyond description though....

27 April, 2009

tinker424's avatar

I bought this unsniffed and the perfume god's punished me for it! Smells similar to Woman(Women?) by Jovan but more harsh.I held on to it for months trying to make peace with it but couldn't. We just hard to part ways.

27 April, 2006