Opium Fleur de Shanghai (2005)
    by Yves Saint Laurent

Average Rating: 4.5

Based on 37 ratings

Opium Fleur de Shanghai Fragrance Notes

Opium Fleur de Shanghai information

Opium Fleur de Shanghai is a women's fragrance by Yves Saint Laurent. The scent was launched in 2005

Reviews of Opium Fleur de Shanghai

Showing 1 to of 3 reviews.
    positive 3 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative No Negative Reviews

RN-USA's avatar

What a beautiful,wonderful variation of the original Opium. Opium was my Mom's signature scent. It always reminds me of her. Since this used to be "her" fragrance, I never wore Opium myself, even though I adore it.

Then I found this really great deal on Opium Fleur de Shanghai on ebay. Bought it blindly...and, OMG, how I love it!
    It is absolutely stunning. It has all the wonderful,deep Opium qualities, but is a force on its own. I love it. It is fresher,younger. I am so happy that I've found this.

12 November, 2011

BlackAmberMoon's avatar

It took me a day or two to "get" this fragrance. I bought a small sample, and on first application, I wasn't exactly thrilled, but definitely intrigued. BUT the next morning, I smelled a faint trace of it on my clothes and thought it was absolutely intoxicating. It's everything you appreciate about the original Opium, but more demure and with a subtle sweetness the original lacks. Very disappointed this is only a limited edition - I plan to stockpile this beauty. Next to try is the Imperiale...

19 February, 2007

Quarry's avatar

I have no particular affection for spices in my fragrances, but in an effort to smell beyond comfortable boundaries and partake in spicy talk here on wonderful basenotes, I got a sample of Opium Fleur de Shanghai (aka Opium for beginners or Opium with training wheels).

My first trial was a nose-wrinkling experience--ick, spices. My second sampling was more rational as I tried not to shy away from the notes. The wonderful mandarin gave me a starting point, and I began to take baby steps into the heart of the fragrance. A few reapplications later, and I can say I'm warming up to the myrrh, although the carnation's clove-like note will never be a favorite.

28 October, 2006