Opium Fleur de Shanghai (2005)
by Yves Saint Laurent

Opium Fleur de Shanghai information

Year of Launch2005
AvailabilityDiscontinued

HouseYves Saint Laurent
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > YSL Beaute
Parent Company at launchPinault-Printemps-Redoute > Gucci Group > YSL Beaute

About Opium Fleur de Shanghai

Opium Fleur de Shanghai is a feminine perfume by Yves Saint Laurent. The scent was launched in 2005

Opium Fleur de Shanghai fragrance notes

Reviews of Opium Fleur de Shanghai

What a beautiful,wonderful variation of the original Opium. Opium was my Mom's signature scent. It always reminds me of her. Since this used to be "her" fragrance, I never wore Opium myself, even though I adore it.

Then I found this really great deal on Opium Fleur de Shanghai on ebay. Bought it blindly...and, OMG, how I love it!
It is absolutely stunning. It has all the wonderful,deep Opium qualities, but is a force on its own. I love it. It is fresher,younger. I am so happy that I've found this.
12th November, 2011
It took me a day or two to "get" this fragrance. I bought a small sample, and on first application, I wasn't exactly thrilled, but definitely intrigued. BUT the next morning, I smelled a faint trace of it on my clothes and thought it was absolutely intoxicating. It's everything you appreciate about the original Opium, but more demure and with a subtle sweetness the original lacks. Very disappointed this is only a limited edition - I plan to stockpile this beauty. Next to try is the Imperiale...
19th February, 2007
Quarry Show all reviews
I have no particular affection for spices in my fragrances, but in an effort to smell beyond comfortable boundaries and partake in spicy talk here on wonderful basenotes, I got a sample of Opium Fleur de Shanghai (aka Opium for beginners or Opium with training wheels).

My first trial was a nose-wrinkling experience--ick, spices. My second sampling was more rational as I tried not to shy away from the notes. The wonderful mandarin gave me a starting point, and I began to take baby steps into the heart of the fragrance. A few reapplications later, and I can say I'm warming up to the myrrh, although the carnation's clove-like note will never be a favorite.
28th October, 2006

Add your review of Opium Fleur de Shanghai

Shop for Opium Fleur de Shanghai products online

Search Amazon for Opium Fleur de Shanghai

Member images of Opium Fleur de Shanghai

There are no member images of Opium Fleur de Shanghai yet. Why not be the first?