Dzongkha (2006)
    by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Reviews of Dzongkha

Showing 1 to 6 of 61 reviews.

gimpy's avatar
    gimpy

A heavenly, dusty iris that truly achieves a zen-like vibe.

Meditative and spiritual.

11th March, 2014 (Last Edited: 20th March, 2014)

Colin Maillard's avatar
    Colin Maillard

Really nice iris-leather accord, one of the best iris-based scents I have ever tried. Bit of a soup taste at some point, but still great. However I would not wear this probably, since I find it too much earthy and dry to me.

7,5/10

16 January, 2014 (Last Edited: 05 April, 2014)

mademoiselle_nicole's avatar
    mademoiselle_nicole
    France France

just as the woollen capes of the monarchs in the mountains of nepal are scratchy as you put them on, so is this fragrance at first wiff. harsh and scratchy to the nose. the green unripe note of litchi gives us an uncomfortable start. But as the wool gets softer while warming up, so does dzongkha. notes of spiced milky tea, wood, metallic incense and an embrace of old leather wind up into a chant of dark and deep voices calling inner peace. an enigmatic fragrance. Quiet and mysterious as the temples of butan this is inspired to.
    dark and vibrant colours. Like a belle del Nuit..... worth waiting for to open up

27 December, 2013

mr.sky's avatar
    mr.sky
    Hong Kong Hong Kong

I'm glad I bought this

Bought this one on my last trip to Paris, it was on sale and the sales person told me that it is gonna be discontinued.
    The initial spray smells medicinal and kinda cloying (I guess it's from the peony and the spices), but the dry-down is simply amazing, it's green and woody. 7 hours latter I still can smell it on my arms, It becomes sweet and incense-y, very calming.
    The longevity and the silage is really good. I'm glad I bought this.

11th October, 2013

calnadur's avatar
    calnadur
    Switzerland Switzerland

This is a very very interesting scent.

The burst of peony at the opening is a strong one. But mind you, though this starts (and will finish) essentially as a floral, there's so much more to this fragrance.

It evolves in a most intriguing fashion, evoking the maroquinerie and the incences you can smell in a souk in Marrakech (I havent been to Bhutan yet so do not dare comment on that), amidst a blend of spicy whiffs. Then the leather and spices leave the stage discreetly, to let a rather smoky/sweet incense subtly seduce you. Finally, and here's the only facet of this fragrance that I'm not as keen on, it dries down taking back on a rather floral character, again with peony and now apparently some iris too. A tad too sweet a finale for a fragrance that still takes you through a fascinating journey.

13 March, 2013 (Last Edited: 26 March, 2013)

rbaker's avatar
    rbaker

The initial burst of spice, berry and fruit and leads to a surprisingly restrained incense on my skin, only to transform, after a few minutes, into impressions of cardamom, tea, leather and wood with a floral touch. Although not close to my skin, it was fairly restrained and eminently wearable in public. Bhutanese incense tamed by the other scent.s Very good sillage with a longevity of about six hours.

11th May, 2012