L'Homme (2006)

PerfumerDominique Ropion
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > YSL Beaute
Parent Company at launchPinault-Printemps-Redoute > Gucci Group > YSL Beaute

About L'Homme

L'Homme is a masculine fragrance by Yves Saint Laurent. The scent was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Dominique Ropion, Pierre Wargnye and Anne Flipo

Reviews of L'Homme

Really not my kind of thing at all. So redolent of any other number of designer masculines. I'm caught between admiring it for its well-calibrated, unashamed achievement of mundanity, and wishing that it was being worn by someone else. But putting it in the company of Sauvage, La Nuit from the same stable, Prada Luna Rossa, and so on, this is one of the best from that genre, although I do rather like La Nuit and prefer it to this. The trouble is here is that as soon as you feel something interesting is going to happen, the tonka and violet take over again and place l'Homme back exactly where it was designed to be. That will work for some, but I will pass.
08th April, 2018
YSL L'Homme smells like a lot of other designer men's fragrances...but, I still like it. It's smooth and doesn't have a chemistry set edge to it. It feels like a good designer men's fragrance, not like it's the imitation of a good designer men's fragrance if that makes any sense. The tonka and violet are dominant notes in this frag in my opinion, and give this a decent barbershop vibe that I enjoy. It's got a slightly dirtier edge than some of my very favorite barbershop frags, possibly from the ginger note? I have a nice sample that should last me a while, but I would consider a full bottle depending on price.
25th January, 2018
11 years on and people still don't understand YSL LH. I waited long to review this because I, like many was confused about what this is supposed to be.

Launched a year after Dior Homme, the other odd jus for men at the time, YSL LH is a slow hook.

If you don't give it time, (several wears, took 6 seperate occasions for me) you will never get it.

Now boasting a dozen iterations, it is clear this is a winner for YSL, and a delight for those who have gotten to know it. I for one will never be without a bottle. Ditto the Sport flanker.
30th December, 2017
Not a complete disaster, but yet another 'cologne' that is dull, pedestrian, flat and lacks emotion, complexity, intelligence or abstraction.

Not as brash as some of its brethrens, but is nameless, faceless, unsure of character and suffering from a serious identity crisis.

03rd October, 2017
Such a beautiful fragrance that yes, can be a bit "too mainstream" but in its own it is a nice scent. Though I do prefer to layer it with Dior Homme. This fragrance does not last at all. On my skin I would say about 3 hours. The dry down is lovely. I will buy the Parfum version next. It is a worthy buy and I wear it several days per week to work.
21st February, 2017
This is a snuggle frag for my wife, she loves the wood and Tonka dry down, I find her wearing my shirts when I get up. It is safe not to complex but sometimes you want class in a bottle and its about what turns the lady of the house on, not what turns me on right.
11th January, 2017

Add your review of L'Homme

Shop for L'Homme products online

Shop for L'Homme at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for L'Homme

Member images of L'Homme

There are no member images of L'Homme yet. Why not be the first?