L'Homme (2006)

PerfumerDominique Ropion
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > YSL Beaute
Parent Company at launchPinault-Printemps-Redoute > Gucci Group > YSL Beaute

About L'Homme

L'Homme is a masculine fragrance by Yves Saint Laurent. The scent was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Dominique Ropion, Pierre Wargnye and Anne Flipo

Reviews of L'Homme

Clean, warm and comfortable. A great work scent. I do get a little of the feminine vibe from this but it smells so good on me, good enough for a signature fragrance. Great sillage at first then gets close to the skin. A crowd please that does receive compliments in the early stages of wearing.
28th January, 2016
Excellent fragrance for young guys. Fresh floral made masculine by the addition of ginger and vetiver and smoothed out by the slightest pinch of Tonka bean. Lasts and projects just fine on my skin.

Yes it smells similar to other men's fragrances, but it also smells of much higher quality and use better.

There are several comments below that confuse the elegant softness of this fragrance with femininity. But in perfumery, femininity refers to the use of certain floral accords that are not present in L'Homme. The ginger and Vetiver are decidedly masculine.

16th January, 2016
CMac17 Show all reviews
Soon after I sprayed this cologne on, I was immediately hit by the ginger, which I must say I am quite partial towards. It's a classy fragrance, but not a typical "masculine" fragrance. I found it to be quite unisex in a good way. It starts with nice hints of citrus and ginger, but these fade rather quickly, leaving me to wish they were there for longer (though notewise this may be an impossibility). I say this because after these notes left into the ether, what was left wasn't very special at all. Certainly a nice fragrance, but nothing that left me thinking "wow, I want to wear this again." To me, the scent is reminiscent of Versace Eros with a woodsy addition. However, it did not have nearly the same sillage as this scent. My friends couldn't even tell that I was wearing cologne!

Though I like how this started, the ending of this fragrance left me wanting something more, and the lack of sillage makes this fragrance nice, but able to be passed over.
25th December, 2015
Calvin Klein's Escape in a funkier bottle.
31st October, 2015
If you were to put blindfold me and walk in front of me with this fragrance on, I couldn't guess whether you're male or female. I can't for the love of me understand why YSL had to put the "l'homme" label on such a unisex smell (almost bordering on female).

L'homme starts with a fresh, sparkling mix of bergamot and ginger that nicely bounce off each other for around 30 minutes before settling into a semi-spicy mix of lavender leaves, white pepper and tonka bean. Less than an hour in, the final stages appear that mostly consist of a pleasant-yet-stereotypical amber/tonka bean/cedar wood skin scent.

Even though it is not revolutionary, I have to say L'homme is inoffensive and smells very warm and pleasant to those around you (if they can catch a whiff of course). You can use it all year round as it has a particularly fresh/spicy feel to it. But I wouldn't recommend it in the hotter days of the year.

To a casual nose, this juice smells like a lemony, spicy mix of ginger followed by a very powdery smell. I'd mark this one as unisex because my sister uses it as well and it really suits a female as much as male. I'd easily go as far as saying that it smells more feminine than masculine to my nose due to the powder in the final stages.

L'homme becomes a skin scent around 20-30 mins after applying. It's one of the shyest fragrances I've tried. Seems like even thinking about it or looking for it on your wrist or clothes causes it to disappear into the ether but when you're not searching, it occasionally surprises you with a pleasant whiff. Although I have to say Longevity is much better than what I expected from a skin scent at around 5-6 hours.

Great for all occasions, formal or informal without running the risk of getting cloying, YSL L'homme is a safe bet when it comes to smelling pleasant all year around. Those around you will definitely enjoy what they smell but you'll need to get pretty close for them to feel anything at all.

This well blended juice is for the man totally in touch with his lighter, feminine side and pretty suitable for the ladies as well; although nothing ground breaking about it.

SILLAGE: Weak
LONGEVITY: 5-6 hours
24th September, 2015 (last edited: 03rd October, 2015)
One of the classiest scents I can think of. I'm almost definitely too young to be wearing it (22), but i can't help appreciating this modest, androgynous mixture. Floral, creamy, oriental, and perhaps metallic. Currently on my second bottle at the request of my girlfriend.
23rd September, 2015

Add your review of L'Homme

Shop for L'Homme products online

Shop for L'Homme at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for L'Homme

Member images of L'Homme

There are no member images of L'Homme yet. Why not be the first?