L'Homme (2006)

PerfumerDominique Ropion
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > YSL Beaute
Parent Company at launchPinault-Printemps-Redoute > Gucci Group > YSL Beaute

About L'Homme

L'Homme is a masculine fragrance by Yves Saint Laurent. The scent was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Dominique Ropion, Pierre Wargnye and Anne Flipo

Reviews of L'Homme

Such a beautiful fragrance that yes, can be a bit "too mainstream" but in its own it is a nice scent. Though I do prefer to layer it with Dior Homme. This fragrance does not last at all. On my skin I would say about 3 hours. The dry down is lovely. I will buy the Parfum version next. It is a worthy buy and I wear it several days per week to work.
21st February, 2017
This is a snuggle frag for my wife, she loves the wood and Tonka dry down, I find her wearing my shirts when I get up. It is safe not to complex but sometimes you want class in a bottle and its about what turns the lady of the house on, not what turns me on right.
11th January, 2017
A very sensual, pleasant fragrance by YSL! The citrus is pleasantly offset by the ginger, violet, and vetiver notes in the overall composition. Linear, stable, and even encouraging to wear for all day situations (casual or not). I get why YSL did the L'Homme flankers, to highlight / intensify on different elements of the original that please different people in different ways. Highly recommended!
03rd December, 2016
Positive review because I love the smell. But I have to tell you, it does not last at all, and it does not project at all. Great if you don't mind being the only one who can smell you. Basically you have to hug someone in order for the scent to be perceived by others. The proximity of the sillage is very intimate.

I wear it every single day, because it's super easy to wear, very inoffensive, but it's also very weak :( and doesn't last. Have to reapply throughout the day if I want to continue to smell it.
09th November, 2016
I agree with others whose reviews say this is a good "work frag". By the time I get to wherever I'm going, it has mellowed down, but still has enough of a presence to garner a semi-regular compliment from a colleague.

On me: It opens with candied ginger/tangerine peel/violet, and the sandalwood/coumarin develops... Then it lingers clean, woody, and a little ever-so-faintly salty on my skin, verges on sweaty.

I'm a sucker for tonka bean. Not enough tonka in this alone so I dose up with a few drops of Eden Botanicals tonka/FCO blend before I spritz. Does the trick!
18th May, 2016
It's original, a modern classic, but what does that mean? I've heard someone describe this as "safe" and I agree. It's pleasant without being enticing, unless you're a natural-born lady killer. It reminds me of being near water, without getting in, on a very hot day, because the sandalwood and ginger swelter so well together. If I were younger I would not wear this cologne, but if I knew a few things about... anything... I'm rambling, ultimately you have to put your own nose on it, get it in your clothes and see what happens.
12th April, 2016

Add your review of L'Homme

Shop for L'Homme products online

Shop for L'Homme at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for L'Homme

Member images of L'Homme

There are no member images of L'Homme yet. Why not be the first?