L'Homme (2006)

PerfumerDominique Ropion
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > YSL Beaute
Parent Company at launchPinault-Printemps-Redoute > Gucci Group > YSL Beaute

About L'Homme

L'Homme is a masculine fragrance by Yves Saint Laurent. The scent was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Dominique Ropion, Pierre Wargnye and Anne Flipo

Reviews of L'Homme

I agree with others whose reviews say this is a good "work frag". By the time I get to wherever I'm going, it has mellowed down, but still has enough of a presence to garner a semi-regular compliment from a colleague.

On me: It opens with candied ginger/tangerine peel/violet, and the sandalwood/coumarin develops... Then it lingers clean, woody, and a little ever-so-faintly salty on my skin, verges on sweaty.

I'm a sucker for tonka bean. Not enough tonka in this alone so I dose up with a few drops of Eden Botanicals tonka/FCO blend before I spritz. Does the trick!
18th May, 2016
It's original, a modern classic, but what does that mean? I've heard someone describe this as "safe" and I agree. It's pleasant without being enticing, unless you're a natural-born lady killer. It reminds me of being near water, without getting in, on a very hot day, because the sandalwood and ginger swelter so well together. If I were younger I would not wear this cologne, but if I knew a few things about... anything... I'm rambling, ultimately you have to put your own nose on it, get it in your clothes and see what happens.
12th April, 2016
Drkube Show all reviews
This is a beautiful fragrance. Very fresh and classy. Opens with a nice, fresh, floral/ginger that dries down to a warm tonka/wood.

It's very inoffensive so it's great for work or anywhere casual. Best suited for spring, summer, and fall.

Definitely one of my favorites, but the sillage and longevity is the downside. Becomes a skin scent quickly and doesn't last very long at all. Shame, because it smells very good.

Scent: 9/10
Sillage: Below Average
Longevity: Below Average
08th February, 2016
Clean, warm and comfortable. A great work scent. I do get a little of the feminine vibe from this but it smells so good on me, good enough for a signature fragrance. Great sillage at first then gets close to the skin. A crowd please that does receive compliments in the early stages of wearing.
28th January, 2016
Excellent fragrance for young guys. Fresh floral made masculine by the addition of ginger and vetiver and smoothed out by the slightest pinch of Tonka bean. Lasts and projects just fine on my skin.

Yes it smells similar to other men's fragrances, but it also smells of much higher quality and use better.

There are several comments below that confuse the elegant softness of this fragrance with femininity. But in perfumery, femininity refers to the use of certain floral accords that are not present in L'Homme. The ginger and Vetiver are decidedly masculine.

16th January, 2016
CMac17 Show all reviews
Soon after I sprayed this cologne on, I was immediately hit by the ginger, which I must say I am quite partial towards. It's a classy fragrance, but not a typical "masculine" fragrance. I found it to be quite unisex in a good way. It starts with nice hints of citrus and ginger, but these fade rather quickly, leaving me to wish they were there for longer (though notewise this may be an impossibility). I say this because after these notes left into the ether, what was left wasn't very special at all. Certainly a nice fragrance, but nothing that left me thinking "wow, I want to wear this again." To me, the scent is reminiscent of Versace Eros with a woodsy addition. However, it did not have nearly the same sillage as this scent. My friends couldn't even tell that I was wearing cologne!

Though I like how this started, the ending of this fragrance left me wanting something more, and the lack of sillage makes this fragrance nice, but able to be passed over.
25th December, 2015

Add your review of L'Homme

Shop for L'Homme products online

Shop for L'Homme at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for L'Homme

Member images of L'Homme

There are no member images of L'Homme yet. Why not be the first?