Eau de Réglisse (2006)

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 62 ratings

Eau de Réglisse Fragrance Notes

Eau de Réglisse information

Originally a limited edition summer Caron available from May to August 2006. Now full-time.

Shop for Eau de Réglisse products online

Reviews of Eau de Réglisse

Showing 1 to 6 of 19 reviews.

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Citrus/Woods

Eau de Reglisse introduces itself with a bright, cheerful accord of juicy lemon and licorice, but the licorice doesn’t last, and what I’m left with is a sweet eau de Cologne formula over a conventional woody base. Ho hum.

13th June, 2014

Non-foody gourmand.

Excellent lemon verbena opening that quickly adds on a non-foody licorice. I love the combination of that sparkling verbena note and the dark / sweet licorice which is soon to be supported by a clean ginger. It’s an excellent accord… the combination is exciting.

The verbena, as is its ilk, manages to disappear quite quickly, leaving a lesser (in my opinion) accord of licorice / ginger which becomes the primary accord for the heart notes. But this accord is very bright and original, too. On my skin the licorice lasts longer than the ginger but there must be some support rising from the base because the accord never thins out as the licorice fades, it still carries aromatic weight.

As the fragrance moves into the base, a patchouli / vanilla accord comes into its own. The base does not hold the intensity and drama of the opening and heart, but it performs as a desirable and long lasting accord of beautifully balanced patchouli / vanilla apparently enriched by a nutmeg that I cannot discern as an individual note (which is exactly the way I like nutmeg). The base, in spite of its simplicity is sensual. I think there is an obscure green note enriching the base and perhaps another unknown element because I don’t think I could be this taken by a simple patchouli / vanilla accord.

The ginger and licorice do not make Reglisse at all foody, and I certainly wouldn’t call this a gourmand. I’m really taken by this scent.

Pros: Bright and enjoyable accords.
    Cons: Longevity."

21st August, 2013

ericrico's avatar

I originally penned this review from a memory I had of a beautiful, "shared wearing" and moment I had with my wife of Eau de Reglisse by Caron. I posted it on another review site and let it be. However, I felt the need to repost it here today...as it brought back the lucid memory after spraying some on my skin just now after a hot shower on a sunny but crisp winter day. I wouldn't change a word as this evokes the emotions and takes me back to that day even when just reading it - but, the smell transcends the visual memory and it becomes an olfactory daydream. The gorgeous, spicy yet delicate, lemon verbena pairing with the licorice note (which shows naturally, not candied - very beautiful)...blended with the ginger, light touch of green and sharp patchouli with a clean and lucent musk.

My original review -

Brilliant...natural...stunning...and a truly unisex scent to be adorned. My wife and I wore this together in October (each a full wearing) and made love to celebrate the day we got engaged years ago. It is one of the most elegant and beautiful creations of niche quality by the uncompromising house of Caron.

From the box/tube to the bottle & cap - and most importantly what is inside...this is artistry in perfumery.

The refinement and elegance create an olfactory experience that is to be enjoyed. This is not just fragrance.

Enjoy! No rating as this is sheer beauty - and, in this case, is in both the eye and nose of the beholder. Not just a gorgeous flacon...and not meant to be understood by all. This is why I love Caron!

17th January, 2013

BenDayDot's avatar

Refreshing, cheerful, clean, playful--an interesting and addictive mix of lemon, licorice and ginger. Comes off fairly natural, and not too sweet (or overwhelmingly licorice-y to my nose). This is neither a powerhouse nor a workhorse, but an interesting (yet simple) pick-me-up. Marketed as feminine, but I believe easy to pull off by either gender. I don't really detect anything flowery; I feel like it has a soapy "vibe". I would enjoy smelling this on a woman, but I also wouldn't be afraid to wear this to work on a warm day.

24th June, 2012

sherapop's avatar

I recently tested Hermès Hermessence BRIN DE REGLISSE, next to which Caron EAU DE REGLISSE seems *very* light on the licorice. This composition reminds me much more of the Lolita Lempicka limited edition EAU DU DESIR. I know, I know, obscurum per obscurius...

So what's it all about? A very lemony herbal cologne with a underlying light layer of licorice in an oriental base which becomes sweeter in the drydown--must be the vanilla, though this does not smell very vanilla-y, in the end. EAU DE REGLISSE is definitely more sweet than EAU DU DESIR, which is a super-refreshing herbal-lemon cologne.

I like EAU DE REGLISSE, but for what it is, I do think that EAU DU DESIR is quite a bit better, and if I were looking for all black licorice almost all the time (with a touch of lavender...) I'd go for BRIN DE REGLISSE.

30th September, 2011

Diamondflame's avatar

Singapore Singapore

While the lemon verbena top note is as refreshing as verbena goes, there is a warm almost milky chocolatey undertone (I presume from the patchouli & vanilla in the base) that spells out 'gourmand' to me. That's not a good thing if you don't like gourmands and I generally don't. At times it even reminds me of Cartier Roadster sans the mint or L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme. And what about the licorice note? Nothing to write home about I'm afraid.

EAU DE REGLISSE is hardly a bad fragrance but as far as Carons go, it is not too far removed from mediocrity. I'll pass.

07th September, 2011

Add your review of Eau de Réglisse

Search for on eBay United States

Eau De Reglisse Liquorice By Caron Paris 3.3 Oz
    • Listing Type: eBay Store
    • Time Left: 23 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)
    Eau de Reglisse Liquorice by Caron EDT 100ML/3.3oz NEW UNBOXED
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left: 18 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)