Rive Gauche pour Homme Intense (2003)
    by Yves Saint Laurent

Reviews of Rive Gauche pour Homme Intense

Showing 1 to 6 of 23 reviews.

tempest moon's avatar
    tempest moon

This is definitely an aromatic fougère fragrance. The dark woody notes make it unique and interesting to wear. I must admit I was turned off by the mention of the whole "barbershop" vibe. But now I'm sure that this one stands out as a very dark and greenish woody fragrance that will suit most users and can be worn as a day or night time scent. I find it an intriguing one to wear and would certainly recommend it.

21st November, 2013

tempest moon's avatar
    tempest moon

Dark and earthy.

Pros: Unique and longlasting.
    Cons: Linear.

30th May, 2013

IndianapolisVet's avatar
    IndianapolisVet

Original plus 8 more hours. This is such an unusual fragrance. It smells like a freshly washed man, but never freshly washed me. Like that guy at the gym, who you notice smells good, but in an odd way you know you are somehow incapable of smelling like. For three years I've been trying to give this stuff a thumbs up, but just can't. I put it away, crave it after a few months, enjoy it for three or four days, then put it away again.

08 December, 2012

blackened's avatar
    blackened
    Spain Spain

very similar to the original version, if anything , somewhat greener and sharper the first five minute, but once the initial stampede has passed the sweet breath of the river turn its way.It doesn´t worth owning the original.
    Neutral rating because hardly changes or improves the original.

17 November, 2011

adonis's avatar
    adonis

Darker, dirtier, deeper than the original during the first hour. Not any longer lasting, however. I love RG so much that it's hard to criticize the intense version. It doesn't really merit a purchase if you already own a can of the fantastic and manly smelling barber shop masterpiece that is YSL Rive Gauche.

26 May, 2011

Lovescully's avatar
    Lovescully

This is way more than just an intense version of the original Rive Gauche Pour Homme. Although it retains a hint of the ‘barbershop’ characteristic that the original is famous for, to my nose this is much darker and less fresh.

Where the original strongly reminds me of ‘old school’ shaving crème, this intense version has added a certain heavier mysterious spiciness that takes it off in another direction. I suppose I would say that where the original is perfect for day or nighttime use, this version should be reserved for night only.

If I'm totally honest with myself, I actually think I prefer the original Rive Gauche composition over this 'intense' version. The original always had a fresh uplifting quality that I don’t really detect here. However, there’s no denying that this is a high quality fragrance.

This one gets both thumbs up from me, but don’t just buy it blind (like I did) if you are simply looking for a stronger version of the original. This is a unique and totally original winner from Yves Saint Laurent!

04 May, 2011