Rive Gauche pour Homme Intense (2003)
    by Yves Saint Laurent

Average Rating: 4

Based on 78 ratings

Rive Gauche pour Homme Intense information

Rive Gauche pour Homme Intense is a men's fragrance by Yves Saint Laurent. The scent was launched in 2003

Reviews of Rive Gauche pour Homme Intense

Showing 1 to 6 of 21 reviews.

IndianapolisVet's avatar

Original plus 8 more hours. This is such an unusual fragrance. It smells like a freshly washed man, but never freshly washed me. Like that guy at the gym, who you notice smells good, but in an odd way you know you are somehow incapable of smelling like. For three years I've been trying to give this stuff a thumbs up, but just can't. I put it away, crave it after a few months, enjoy it for three or four days, then put it away again.

08 December, 2012

blackened's avatar

Spain Spain

very similar to the original version, if anything , somewhat greener and sharper the first five minute, but once the initial stampede has passed the sweet breath of the river turn its way.It doesn´t worth owning the original.
    Neutral rating because hardly changes or improves the original.

17 November, 2011

adonis's avatar

Darker, dirtier, deeper than the original during the first hour. Not any longer lasting, however. I love RG so much that it's hard to criticize the intense version. It doesn't really merit a purchase if you already own a can of the fantastic and manly smelling barber shop masterpiece that is YSL Rive Gauche.

26 May, 2011

Lovescully's avatar

This is way more than just an intense version of the original Rive Gauche Pour Homme. Although it retains a hint of the ‘barbershop’ characteristic that the original is famous for, to my nose this is much darker and less fresh.

Where the original strongly reminds me of ‘old school’ shaving crème, this intense version has added a certain heavier mysterious spiciness that takes it off in another direction. I suppose I would say that where the original is perfect for day or nighttime use, this version should be reserved for night only.

If I'm totally honest with myself, I actually think I prefer the original Rive Gauche composition over this 'intense' version. The original always had a fresh uplifting quality that I don’t really detect here. However, there’s no denying that this is a high quality fragrance.

This one gets both thumbs up from me, but don’t just buy it blind (like I did) if you are simply looking for a stronger version of the original. This is a unique and totally original winner from Yves Saint Laurent!

04 May, 2011

shamu1's avatar

I'm only giving this a thubms up simply because the original YSL Rive Gauche is one of the greatest aromatic fougeres ever. I just made the mistake of blind buying a bottle of this, even though I already own the original, because I do not smell a single difference between either version. I don't smell any more patchouli, never mind "way more", than what's in the original, and the fragrances overall are identical. It's a great scent, but a total waste of money if you already own the original.

05 December, 2009

cheekyhamsta's avatar

Not good, not bad. I get mostly a sweet smokiness, and the "moist earth" texture thrown up by the patchouli, but IMO its close rival Azzaro Pour Homme is more interesting than this. I agree word for word with Bonzo's review - but will also add that the bottle container albeit plastic has a charmingly simple & sporty appeal. The scent is long lasting and has a deceptive sillage that my nose quickly calibrates to but which I've been told remains very apparent to those around me. I think neutral is a fair rating for what I think is a slightly overrated fragrance.

04 October, 2009 (Last Edited: 28 September, 2011)

Add your review of Rive Gauche pour Homme Intense

Search for on eBay United States

RIVE GAUCHE INTENSE Pour Homme by YSL Men 2.0 Oz 60 Ml EDT Spray Tester No Box
    • Listing Type: eBay Store
    • Time Left: 22 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    YVES SAINT LAURENT RIVE GAUCHE POUR HOMME DE TOILETTE INTENSE 2FL. Oz REFILLABLE
    • Listing Type: Auction
    • 0 Bid(s)
    • Time Left: 2 days
    STARTING BID
    (Shipping from United States)
    Rive Gauche Pour Homme EDT Intense Spray Refill 60ml.
    • Listing Type: eBay Store
    • Time Left: 22 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche Pour Homme Eau Toilette Intense spray refill 60mL
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now