Rive Gauche pour Homme Intense (2003)
by Yves Saint Laurent

Rive Gauche pour Homme Intense information

Year of Launch2003

HouseYves Saint Laurent
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > YSL Beaute
Parent Company at launchPinault-Printemps-Redoute > Gucci Group > YSL Beaute

About Rive Gauche pour Homme Intense

Rive Gauche pour Homme Intense is a masculine fragrance by Yves Saint Laurent. The scent was launched in 2003

Rive Gauche pour Homme Intense fragrance notes

Reviews of Rive Gauche pour Homme Intense

A decent intensification of the original, though it can come across as cloyingly loud in comparison.

The Intense flanker takes the cloves and anise of Rive Gauche pour Homme and makes them more evident. For me, that increased spiciness may become a bit much over the wear cycle after an hour or so. I didn't quite feel that way with the original, which stays tastefully projected and by no means weak.

I believe that it's a personal thing, whether one would prefer the original scent or this intense version.

07th January, 2017
Original plus 8 more hours. This is such an unusual fragrance. It smells like a freshly washed man, but never freshly washed me. Like that guy at the gym, who you notice smells good, but in an odd way you know you are somehow incapable of smelling like. For three years I've been trying to give this stuff a thumbs up, but just can't. I put it away, crave it after a few months, enjoy it for three or four days, then put it away again.
08th December, 2012
very similar to the original version, if anything , somewhat greener and sharper the first five minute, but once the initial stampede has passed the sweet breath of the river turn its way.It doesn´t worth owning the original.
Neutral rating because hardly changes or improves the original.
17th November, 2011
adonis Show all reviews
Darker, dirtier, deeper than the original during the first hour. Not any longer lasting, however. I love RG so much that it's hard to criticize the intense version. It doesn't really merit a purchase if you already own a can of the fantastic and manly smelling barber shop masterpiece that is YSL Rive Gauche.
26th May, 2011
This is way more than just an intense version of the original Rive Gauche Pour Homme. Although it retains a hint of the ‘barbershop’ characteristic that the original is famous for, to my nose this is much darker and less fresh.

Where the original strongly reminds me of ‘old school’ shaving crème, this intense version has added a certain heavier mysterious spiciness that takes it off in another direction. I suppose I would say that where the original is perfect for day or nighttime use, this version should be reserved for night only.

If I'm totally honest with myself, I actually think I prefer the original Rive Gauche composition over this 'intense' version. The original always had a fresh uplifting quality that I don’t really detect here. However, there’s no denying that this is a high quality fragrance.

This one gets both thumbs up from me, but don’t just buy it blind (like I did) if you are simply looking for a stronger version of the original. This is a unique and totally original winner from Yves Saint Laurent!
04th May, 2011
shamu1 Show all reviews
I'm only giving this a thubms up simply because the original YSL Rive Gauche is one of the greatest aromatic fougeres ever. I just made the mistake of blind buying a bottle of this, even though I already own the original, because I do not smell a single difference between either version. I don't smell any more patchouli, never mind "way more", than what's in the original, and the fragrances overall are identical. It's a great scent, but a total waste of money if you already own the original.
05th December, 2009

Add your review of Rive Gauche pour Homme Intense

Shop for Rive Gauche pour Homme Intense products online

Search Amazon for Rive Gauche pour Homme Intense

Member images of Rive Gauche pour Homme Intense

There are no member images of Rive Gauche pour Homme Intense yet. Why not be the first?