Lovely Prism (2006)

Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Lovely Prism

Lovely Prism is a feminine perfume by Givenchy. The scent was launched in 2006

Reviews of Lovely Prism

Interestingly enough, no matter how many times I've tried this perfume, I'll forget how it smells the very next morning. Was it sweet enough? Complicated enough? I still can't remember. Unlike Chanel No. 5 or Estee's Youth Dew, this one doesn't hit the right chord.

A Limited Edition? I find that quite pleasurable to know. Not something I would be proud about. Harsh but true.
05th December, 2007
I've read the nose behind this creation is Marc Buxton. This limited edition blend of citrus, florals and woods is not particularly innovative however it is a departure from this perfumer's mainly uni-sex/male fragrances. (He has produced several Comme de Garcons scents.) All in all it is a not too sweet fruity floral. The listed notes I found are: green apple, cassis, clementine, peony, magnolia, apple blossom, hawthorne, sandalwood and iris. IMO the flower blend here comes across like osmanthus, and I'm unable to pick out the iris. Mild and innoffensive, this is one scent to be enjoyed for a season. Personally, a little boring for my taste.
30th April, 2007
This scent is yet another fruity floral of the many you might have smeled before. Longevity is so-so, and the sillage is nice.
Never a bad scent, it’s a bit candy sweet but the top notes help make it more balanced: I mean, it never becomes a full-on gourmand in that candy-sense, like others marketed for youger people. The heart is very much a floral. My guess is that this one is geared towards more grown-up women that feel younger at heart, if you know what I mean.
Givenchy makes very pretty limited editions, sadly, they all seem a bit too similar and I have met people that haven’t found a difference in some of them, unless they put them one next to the other and start testing them back to back.
How is this different to the others? In short (very short): My Givenchy is sweeter, Only Givenchy is fresher, Jardin d’Interdit is very soft and femenine , like something Nina Ricci might have done, and So Givenchy is more spring-like and fun. I liked the bottle too.

10th February, 2007
I bought this in the duty free store in July. I am not normally one to go for a perfume because I am enamoured with the bottle design. I do certainly appreciate a beautiful bottle and a gorgeous fragrance living in harmony.

Lovely Prism's bottle definitely befits it's name. It's pink liquid swirling around in a 3 dimensional prism is a sight to behold and enjoy. Particularly when the sun shines into my bedroom and its rays grace the beautiful little square bottle. The fragrance itself is also lush and floral. Putting it on makes me feel like a post-modern 'princess'! I definitely high commend this gorgeous scent!!
25th October, 2006

Add your review of Lovely Prism

Shop for Lovely Prism products online

Search Amazon for Lovely Prism

Member images of Lovely Prism

There are no member images of Lovely Prism yet. Why not be the first?