Songes Eau de Toilette (2006)
by Annick Goutal

PerfumerIsabelle Doyen
Parent CompanyAmore Pacific
Parent Company at launchStarwood Capital Group > Taittinger > Louvre Groupe

About Songes Eau de Toilette

Songes Eau de Toilette is a feminine perfume by Annick Goutal. The scent was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Isabelle Doyen and Camille Goutal

Reviews of Songes Eau de Toilette

Tropical vibe. Big islander flowers. Intense, with just three sprays. Sharp and piercing layer follows quickly. Pure floral. No sweetness. Later I get a cinnamon accord. Spiced sweetness appears. This, is turning out to be a great, blind-buy, decanted fragrance! Finally, A Goutal I love!

Along with flowers a wave of olibanum, vanilla, sandalwood, and amber join it. Still, a spiced sweet exists. Not over-bearing, either. There is a fizziness and a touch of earthiness here, as well.

As more time passes I still smell floral notes just not as strong. The cinnamon vibe settles into an amber-like mode, melding with the other notes. Based on the listed notes, I suspected I would enjoy this fragrance. I wasn't disappointed.
31st March, 2019
I didn't expect to like Songes at all: from what I had read about it I thought it was going to be too sweet and gourmand for my taste. However, I was very pleasantly surprised! On my skin, Songes (I've only tried the Eau de Parfum so far) is essentially a jasmine and vanilla fragrance, with some very subtle wood and herbal notes I really can't identify. It is quite sweet compared to most other fragrances I wear, but not overly so. The jasmine and vanilla smell extremely natural, and the fragrance smells very refined and expensive: I can't help feeling that Songes is what Alien (another fragrance I always think of as an essentially jasmine and vanilla perfume) could have been, but like every other Mugler fragrance I've tried, is an overly sweet and commercial gourmand instead.

My bottle of Songes might be the one and only that I ever have; by the time I finish it, I might well have had enough of it; but at the moment I am thoroughly enjoying it. A definite thumbs up!
23rd September, 2015
Salutation.

SONGES is an excellent fragrance that invite to love. fresh and sensual.it has admirable scent,not too loud,not too low just right for a romantic mood.for me it is like stepping on a cloud and sailing off to a dream world;being myself,feeling refreshed and energized by the aura that surrounds me.a blend of florals for a young girl's whismy with a sophistication that pleases the mature woman.Deeply Romantic,Intensely Feminine and Absolutely Breathtaking.

On my skin it starts off quite florally,inspiring and fresh and then slowly slowly fades into a elegant, sweet and lovely scent.in fact the fragrance best part appears after a few minutes when sensual ylang ylang offers a modern femininity alongside jasmine and promises to linger for more intimate moments.it is perfect for spring&summer.it also suitable for wedding and when you want to get in the romantic mood or when you are going to a share a nice evening with your man.

Sillage?Nice.

Longevity?Pretty Good on my skin.

01st June, 2015
rbaker Show all reviews
Frangipani and jasmine galore, a light white floral opening, and floral it remains! Although the drydown displays ylang-ylang nicely, there are some temporary light peppery whiffs, but the base adds a nice vanilla that dominates until the ends, with a few wood notes added here or there. I get little amber, and essentially on me it is a white floral/vanilla fragrance.

Is it too sweet? Not on my skin, it is well balanced in its sweetness. It is well blended, and whilst not of high originality it develops quite nicely. I get adequate sillage and projection, with four hours of longevity. For spring days for the sweet white floral lover. 3.5/5
07th January, 2015
Genre: Fruity Floral

Dreams? Nightmare is more like it.

The sinus-hammering candied fruit and indolic white flower accord upon which Songes opens smells entirely artificial. Its central element is a Godzilla-sized tuberose that’s been miraculously shorn of every trace of grace or charm. If a flower could chew tobacco and expectorate loudly into a spittoon, this one would.

I was pleased to discover that the sweet “froot” recedes within an hour, but I can’t decide whether leaving the nasty plastic flower accord exposed on its own amounts to much of an improvement. In all honesty, this is the kind of perfume that gives tuberose a bad name. (Amarige and Giorgio are its co-conspirators.) The good news is that the entire experience is over rather quickly, as Songes slides into its soapy, woody-vanillic drydown within a couple of hours. Thank heaven for small mercies.
03rd July, 2014
I love this so much that I have it both in Eau de Parfum and Eau de Toilette.
Both are breathtakingly beautiful and in my opinion the best tropical scents.
Both are very similar but there are still a few differences:
The Eau de Parfum is my true love as the ylang note is a little less prominent and the frangipani note which I adore a little more present.The Eau de Parfum also has an almost edible,addictive vanilla note which made me fall in love with it.This note is more present in fresher bottles.I definitely recommend buying it in reputable stores as Songes seems to lose its freshness within a couple of years.

Due to the complexity and deepness of Songes it seems suitable as a winter tropical,but I still find it best on very hot days when it's mellowed out a little and envelopes me with a sensual,creamy cloud.
16th January, 2014

NEW Goutal (Annick Goutal) Songes EDT Spray 100ml Perfume

End Date: Wednesday Jan-29-2020 20:42:15 PST
Buy It Now for only: $138.83
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Songes by Annick Goutal Women's 3.4-ounce Eau de Toilette 3.1 - 4 Oz.

End Date: Sunday Feb-2-2020 9:15:33 PST
Buy It Now for only: $68.98

New Songes by Annick Goutal Eau De Toilette Spray 3.4 oz for Women #424508

End Date: Sunday Feb-2-2020 17:17:26 PST
Buy It Now for only: $81.14
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Songes by Annick Goutal Eau De Toilette Spray 3.4 oz / 100 ml (Women)

End Date: Sunday Feb-2-2020 23:23:33 PST

Songes by Annick Goutal Eau De Toilette Spray 3.4 oz for Women

End Date: Wednesday Feb-5-2020 11:36:41 PST
Buy It Now for only: $86.00

Member images of Songes Eau de Toilette

There are no member images of Songes Eau de Toilette yet. Why not be the first?