The Scent of Peace (2006)
by Bond No. 9

The Scent of Peace information

Year of Launch2006

HouseBond No. 9
PerfumerMichel Almairac
Parent CompanyLaurice & Co

About The Scent of Peace

Bond No.9 has been bottling the scents of New York (and the Hampton's!) for the last few years, but now - a scent that isn't a geographical area. According to Bond No.9 "[Bond No. 9] has now taken on the greatest neighborhood of them all. It's the one that hovers over all of our city, the see-and-be-seen A-list place called peace--where we all want to thrive."

"New York has always defined itself by its derring-do and its clear-cut goals. Yet this hodge-podge multi-ethnic, multi-vision'ed metropolis has also reigned as a place of tolerance and détente. It is a city built on non-aggression pacts that are cobbled together street by street, neighborhood by neighborhood. This is the way that New York thrives. Post-9/11 has defined us even more by our mutual conviction that the future of our precious city depends on world peace. Bond No. 9's latest fragrance, The Scent of Peace, was born out of this consensus that hovers like a balm (like a dove) over our entire city."

The fragrance is unisex and containes notes of Blackcurrant and Musk, and the bottle is decorated with doves. Bond No. 9 will donate $2 for every bottle of The Scent of Peace that is purchased to charity

The Scent of Peace fragrance notes

Reviews of The Scent of Peace

My 17 year old daughter just picked this up at a discount online. At first I agreed with the critics, and just thought this was another middling effort from a house that is trademark middling, but after smelling this around the house and on my daughter, this is actually a very nice teenage fragrance. It's light, slightly aquatic, fruity-floral is a good contrast to the Mugler Angel, Alien and other "heavy" scents girls her age seem to enjoy.

I'm giving Scent of Peace a Thumbs Up.
20th December, 2016
Nasty plastic, oil, and cheap shampoo. Horrible
16th November, 2016
Pretty much smells of rubbing alcohol and candles -- very cheap smelling, lacks body, has hardly anything in the base. The currant is nice, but the florals don't come through much. Definitely smells like it belongs in a dollar store reed defuser, not on a person.

A true scrubber for me, and I want to take a bath in vintage perfumes to get this odor out of my mind's nose, so to speak.
30th October, 2016
The Scent of Peace sticks out amongst a sea of fruity florals. It's light, fresh and incredibly juicy. Black currant is probably my favorite fruity note, it's tart and always smells like it's just dripping with juiciness. That being said - Scent of Peace is the perfect fragrance for summer, when you want to feel fresh and keep cool. There's a breezy, airy quality there that just feels refreshing.

The Scent of Peace is a bit on the softer side - and didn't have much projection for me (which is a shame, considering the price). Lastly, the scent really matches its name. I can't imagine The Scent of Peace offending anyone, even the most scent-sensitive types.
13th June, 2016
I'm not highly experienced in women's perfume, but this one surprised me since the note quality and composition was of better quality than your average Bond. It does lean on the safer side of things and while it may not be significantly different in ambition than your average designer, the execution is totally there.

Personally, I find the smell of a good shampoo much more attractive on a woman than a rich fumey perfume, so I have no issue with it being compared to shampoo. The main point here is it's great and I'd buy it for my girlfriend's birthday. Try it out.

03rd February, 2015
Smells like fabric softener. Very light, aquatic, breezy, fresh, clean, whatever you want to call it. Very smooth and inoffensive, not pungent or sharp. The only warning I must give to men: This frag REALLY pushes the limits of "unisex", barely crossing the fence into "feminine" territory. I love the scent, but sometimes I feel a little self-conscious about people thinking I have a girly frag on.
10th January, 2014

Add your review of The Scent of Peace

Shop for The Scent of Peace products online

Shop for The Scent of Peace at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for The Scent of Peace

Member images of The Scent of Peace

There are no member images of The Scent of Peace yet. Why not be the first?

The Scent of Peace News