Pavlova (1957)
by Five Star Fragrances (originally by Payot)

Pavlova information

Year of Launch1957

HouseFive Star Fragrances
Originally byPayot
Parent CompanyQuality King Distributors > Perfumania Holdings
Parent Company at launchQuality King Distributors

About Pavlova

Pavlova is a feminine perfume by Five Star Fragrances. The scent was launched in 1957

Reviews of Pavlova

This morning, my husband found a box of vintage fragrances that went missing during a move many years ago. I thought the box had probably been stolen, but it was discovered in the basement in a cubbyhole behind a false wall, its contents beautifully preserved. To my delight, Pavlova by Payot was there. In its earlier incarnations, this was a lovely floral blend which - as others have noted - was sweet without being excessive or cloying. I have not smelled recent bottles, but I've read that the juice has suffered a great deal through reformulation - if you find a vintage Pavlova somewhere, she might reward you for giving her a good home.
13th September, 2015 (last edited: 15th September, 2015)
I like this one for fall or winter, with restraint.

Although I like tuberose & a shading almost like incense in the range between citrus & woody notes, I know that some other people might find it heady. I love spraying a little of the EDT on myself right before dressing because it lingers in my room & closet...the perfect suggestion of the oriental face of eastern Europe...
21st June, 2012 (last edited: 03rd July, 2012)
This is a review for the original parfum by Payot. This is classic French tuberose scent to my nose, very floral and heady, with sharp citrusy/fruity top notes and indolic white floral middle notes. Absolutely feminine, but for floral fans only. I hope to never be without a bottle.
14th May, 2012
I have a Payot vintage bottle of the stuff, and it is QUITE lovely. Fragrantica lists the notes as: top notes, mandarin orange, cassia, raspberry and grapefruit; middle notes are tuberose, jasmine, hiacynth, neroli, ylang-ylang and geranium; base notes are sandalwood, musk, vanilla, oakmoss and vetiver.

The most impressive thing about this scent is how seamlessly the notes are blended... it gives the impression of a soft, sweet wall of fruity floral wrapped around a warm and earthy base. This never goes cloying or too sweet on my skin and I am so happy that Brielle had a bottle on offer! It is what I would consider a gorgeous romantic feminine scent with tons of class.
05th June, 2010
recieve this in a sampler minis set sniffs like a childs cologne perhaps like tinkerbell cosmetics? /loves baby soft.
25th October, 2009
Have worn this since I was a girl. Still have one bottle left from Payot, it is intoxicating. Not a fragrance for everyone, but if you can wear is amazing.
13th November, 2007

Add your review of Pavlova

Shop for Pavlova products online

Search Amazon for Pavlova

Member images of Pavlova

There are no member images of Pavlova yet. Why not be the first?