Pavlova (1957)
    by Five Star Fragrances (orig. by Payot)

Reviews of Pavlova

Showing 1 to of 6 reviews.
    positive 4 Positive Reviewsneutral2 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

buren's avatar
    buren

I like this one for fall or winter, with restraint.

Although I like tuberose & a shading almost like incense in the range between citrus & woody notes, I know that some other people might find it heady. I love spraying a little of the EDT on myself right before dressing because it lingers in my room & closet...the perfect suggestion of the oriental face of eastern Europe...

21st June, 2012 (Last Edited: 03 July, 2012)

Fleurine's avatar
    Fleurine

This is a review for the original parfum by Payot. This is classic French tuberose scent to my nose, very floral and heady, with sharp citrusy/fruity top notes and indolic white floral middle notes. Absolutely feminine, but for floral fans only. I hope to never be without a bottle.

14 May, 2012

actiasluna's avatar
    actiasluna

I have a Payot vintage bottle of the stuff, and it is QUITE lovely. Fragrantica lists the notes as: top notes, mandarin orange, cassia, raspberry and grapefruit; middle notes are tuberose, jasmine, hiacynth, neroli, ylang-ylang and geranium; base notes are sandalwood, musk, vanilla, oakmoss and vetiver.

The most impressive thing about this scent is how seamlessly the notes are blended... it gives the impression of a soft, sweet wall of fruity floral wrapped around a warm and earthy base. This never goes cloying or too sweet on my skin and I am so happy that Brielle had a bottle on offer! It is what I would consider a gorgeous romantic feminine scent with tons of class.

05 June, 2010

bookwyrmsmith's avatar
    bookwyrmsmith

recieve this in a sampler minis set sniffs like a childs cologne perhaps like tinkerbell cosmetics? /loves baby soft.

25 October, 2009

Brielle87's avatar
    Brielle87
    France France

Have worn this since I was a girl. Still have one bottle left from Payot, it is intoxicating. Not a fragrance for everyone, but if you can wear it...it is amazing.

13 November, 2007

wingspan's avatar
    wingspan

Very, very sweet and powdery and it is inexpensive. I have owned this one for several years and I seldom wear it due to its longevity. Sometimes want to wash it off during the day. It gets stronger and more cloying as the day moves along.

02 June, 2007