Vintage (2006)

PerfumerRodrigo Flores-Roux
Parent CompanyElizabeth Arden Inc
Parent Company at launchShiseido > ZIC Corp

About Vintage

Vintage is a masculine fragrance by John Varvatos. The scent was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Rodrigo Flores-Roux

Vintage fragrance notes

Reviews of Vintage

I was looking for a good scent for my Dad last week. Stumbled on Varvatos at Nordstrom last year and liked Vintage, Artisan and Aqua was a Wow. When I started shopping around last week for a scent for my Dad, I tried Vintage again and wore it for a day. For me at least, I associate smells with people and for some reason, the leather and tobacco mixed with a clean cut juniper struck me as a good pick for him. ( 66 years old, 6'4, Veteran Seal, big burley biker dude meets white collar businessman type....) Not too robust, not weak...Found this fragrance to be a good scent for him ( we all have oily skin too so maybe that might play a role). I might snag a bottle of Artisan Aqua for myself. Great price for the quality and great longevity and silage change through the course of the day is nice. I am happy with my choice on this fragrance!!
19th June, 2015
John Varvatos Vintage ranks as one of the better mainstream designer fragrances that you can buy right now. It's a juniper, tobacco and leather fragrance, but well-blended to the point where this could theoretically be sold as a niche fragrance at five times the price. Yet you can buy a bottle at Macy's or Sephora at a normal designer fragrance price - in today's designer market, this might be a miracle. Sillage and longevity of Vintage is the best out of all the John Varvatos line.

Highly recommended - especially if you live in a place where most months are cool and cold.
06th May, 2015
The best of the John Varvatos line that I've tried. Very mature masculine fragrance that probably would work better on 30+ males. My wife and daughters always seem to compliment me when I wear this one. Reminds me slightly of Burberry London, with the juniper berries and wintery wood notes. Safe for the office or a dinner out. Excellent cold weather or Christmas holiday fragrance choice.
27th March, 2015
So I pulled my High School letterman jacket out of storage recently, and I used to wear a lot of Polo back in the day...that's what this is.
11th March, 2015
Superb masculine scent. Love when I wear it and get random people coming up to me asking what it is. Seems to seduce people..ha ha. Lasts a long time on me and seems to somewhat be ever changing throughout the hours. Great for a night out on the town. Unique in it's own right...A must have.

Note: The warmth of the summer esp in the light breezy eve really brings this scents notes out like mad. (Not just for cold weather)....Does project rather well.

I do find the suede, tobacco and jasmine with a slight tonka sweetness really pop when the weather is warm or your skin is heated up. On just a regular cool eve the rhubarb, absinth, lavender, cinammon, fir and tobacco are more prominate.
26th January, 2015
Whilst this is no Baie de Genièvre, I get a nice juniper berry note in the opening, together with a pleasant jasmine. The drydown revel as a fairly soft patchouli, which mergers into a base of vanilla and a hint of a fairly generic tobacco coda.

Developing nicely on my skin; I get adequate sillage and projection with four hours of longevity. Pleasant. 3/5.
12th January, 2015

Add your review of Vintage

Shop for Vintage products online

Shop for Vintage at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Vintage

Member images of Vintage

There are no member images of Vintage yet. Why not be the first?