Quorum Silver (2005)

Year of Launch2005

HouseAntonio Puig
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group > Puig Fragrance & Personal Care

About Quorum Silver

Quorum Silver is a masculine fragrance by Antonio Puig. The scent was launched in 2005

Reviews of Quorum Silver

Got this Quorum Silver in a set with its matching aftershave for less than $20. First time I used the cologne, didn't like it much ... Something wasn't right. Pino Silvestre, which it superficially resembles, starts better, though it fades in an hour. Anyways. Tried it again, two sprays, and wasn't sure it was a winner. Finally got around to trying the QS aftershave, and like IT very much- not just alcohol, has some moisturizers, good face feel. Tried just one spray of the QS cologne afterward and NOW I see the light. Overdoing this one wrecks it; one spray and you got cedar and (pink) pepper, which outlasts Pino Silvestre by far. Minimal use of this one appears to bring out its best. Too much of it confuses or overwhelms the sniffer.
21st August, 2016
My first review, here goes. I blind bought this after finding it cheap on ebay and looking at a few reviews here & on other sites. This scent is all about clean, fresh wood, like walking through a recently felled forest - surprising as there is no benzoin in it. The opening, that stays mostly for the duration, is cedar, verging on a pure pine resin - the good pine, not the disinfectant pine. Imagine going to the diy store, finding the doors section, then find a pine door with a resin filled knot, and stick your nose right up to it and drawing in a good sniff. That's a good scent right? Quorum Silver has that good scent running all though it, and it lasts well. There is lemon in the opening which quickly withers and gives way to spice, pepper, ginger and slight cinnamon. As the scent wears, the patchouli really comes to the fore. My other half says it remind him of Terre de Hermes, though I don't get that. A great non-offensive scent, probably best for winter/autumn. Such heavy cedar is unusual, so you will be noticed wearing this.
15th January, 2016
I bought this blind because of the price and a fond memory of opening an old cedar chest while growing up that I still remember as one of the best smelling things in the world. This very much hits the cedar note. I found this to be very strong and long-lasting. Probably too strong. Almost turns cloying after sometime on my skin but when I smell it on clothes or fabrics the next day, I really enjoy the smell.
11th December, 2015
Quorum Silver is an extremely invigorating accord of spices, musk and woods. Incredibly aromatic....cool..... I read somewhere "a cedar bomb" but I would say better "a cardamom bomb" (anyway, also citrus and cedarwood are key notes). I detect indeed by soon liquid cardamom, ginger (a lot of), citrus (an orangy-lemony accord plus cinnamon), liquid synthetic incense (Iso E driven Incense complementing the cardamom), coriander, peppermint, musk and misty pepper. It's like to smell (for a while) a sort of Ted Lapidus Black Soul but without all that bombastic sweetly-synthetic balminess and with a fluidy woody-dusty-lemony sharper texture. In part also scents as Cartier Declaration and Terre d'Hermes jump on mind for several of their characteristics. The (yet minty-spicy aromatic) dry down is more woody, orangy and slightly vanillic but in a really moderate way. Really not bad.
10th December, 2014 (last edited: 12th December, 2014)
Bang-for-buck King - five minutes in, it takes me back to the early 90s and my first forays into the wonders of men's deodorant: a memory of the exoticness of Lynx 'Java' comes back to me (I think it's called Axe in the US and possibly elsewhere).

But yes, a lovely bright cedar, with lots of herbals going on underneath, peppercorn, possibly a bit of mint at the start, the sourness of grapefruit, too.

For the first ten minutes, I can't get anywhere near my skin - it's too much! - I can only waft my nose over my arm from six inches away. Unrefined, synthetic to an extent, but a lovely and well-earned dry-down will greet you at the end of your day, warm woodsy ambers and RAAR!

Try it... you might like it :)
04th November, 2014 (last edited: 03rd November, 2014)
Smooth, dry cedar wood & spicy fresh ginger...

This is a very pleasing and very nice fragrance. It's a cedar surrounded by mandarin, pink pepper, grapefruit, lavender jasmine and amber (with hits of fresh ginger). Warm, smooth and spicy. It may be priced cheap, but it smells expensive. A great choice for men or anyone who wants to wear it. Spicy, woody, ambery musk. Not ground breaking but incredibly nice and sophisticated smelling. You can't go wrong with it. Enough complexity to set it apart from most male-designed fragrances. A good choice which smells modern, sophisticated and not boring at all! Highly recommended from Puig!
02nd November, 2014

Add your review of Quorum Silver

Shop for Quorum Silver products online

Shop for Quorum Silver at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Quorum Silver

Member images of Quorum Silver

There are no member images of Quorum Silver yet. Why not be the first?