Quorum Silver (2005)

Year of Launch2005

HouseAntonio Puig
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group > Puig Fragrance & Personal Care

About Quorum Silver

Quorum Silver is a masculine fragrance by Antonio Puig. The scent was launched in 2005

Reviews of Quorum Silver

Starts off smelling exactly like cedarwood - it's as if I'm smelling a lumber yard, but mixed with some slightly sweet spices (possibly nutmeg and ginger). This fragrance leans masculine but could be unisex due to the slight sweetness. It basically smells exactly like wood, pencil shavings and all. As it dries down it still smells of cedarwood predominantly, but I can now also smell nutmeg, ginger, pink pepper, and a small hint of cinammon. This is like Mr. Burberry but less sweet (way drier) and without the citrus topnotes. If you want to smell like a lumber yard (but without smelling bad per se), this is it. Sillage is moderate while longevity is also moderate at about 4-5 hours. I wish this was stronger in longevity and sillage but it's to be expected at $16 per 100 ml. In any case, it really gives an authentic feel of wood but with a slightly sweet/spicy aroma to it, so I really like it.

4.5/5
03rd May, 2018
Fantastic cedar cheapie.

Smells great. Lacks a bit on the longevity side of things but at these prices you can afford to over spray. It's a cedar bomb mixed with an out of the shower freshness.
01st May, 2018
Initial impression: decent but not so good 2.5/5
Revised impression: good enough to wear 3/5

Quorum Silver took a little time to grow on me. At first I found it to be decent but I didn't like it at first sniff. I probably hadn't waited for enough of the alcohol to evaporate and I found the top notes to be synthetic and unpleasant. What's with the unpleasant openings on some fragrances while others smell great from the very first sniff? If I'd smelled this in a store I would have moved right along and forgotten all about it.

But I noticed that once the worst of the top notes blew off the underlying scent that came out is actually kind of nice.

You get Cedar for sure, of course. You might detect hints of Geranium or Rose or some other Floral. Maybe Ginger or Cinnamon, I'm not so sure.

So there's a bit more to it than just the Cedar.
But all adds up to a "warm" cedar smell for me.
It's kind of comforting, actually.

I don't think this has any actual Cedar oil in it. I have some Cedar essential oil and that Cedar smell is much stronger and richer. So I think maybe a bit of Citrus is combining with a few other ingredients to give us the impression of real Cedar. It's pretty well done, actually.

Still: not bad! Try it: who knows, you might like it!

The aftershave is basically a weaker version of the cologne, only it has a bit of Witch Hazel and Menthol in it as well. It doesn't last, of course.

There really are no safe blind buys, because you never know what you'll like until you actually try it, but this is a super-cheap one to blind-buy.
30th April, 2018 (last edited: 19th May, 2018)
I'm going to give Quorum Silver a thumbs up for one firm reason...I can't stop wearing it.There's plenty I can criticize about it...

*It doesn't smell as slick and sophisticated as Quorum Original

*It's a very dry fragrance

*It lacks dimension or more notes to color it

But maybe that's just it...Quorum Silver isn't really modern,it's more rustic...and I like that.The best cedar wood note my nose had the pleasure meeting yet it's lightly warm and dusty to it's dry character.The spice that makes up the background seems to transition between nutmeg,red pepper, and ginger.In my opinion Quorum Silver can be worn any season but I think it's light warmth and dryness shines best in the fall and winter.
06th October, 2017
It turns out I don't like cardamom (the incense vibe), so this one turns me away more than it draws me. Without it I would go neutral or even up for the remaining cedar led combination. As is common with Puig, its a real bargain, if you like it.
02nd March, 2017 (last edited: 03rd March, 2017)
Darvant has QS pegged, identifying ginger, citrus and cedarwood. I don't get the Black Soul comparison. They seem to be as different as, well black and silver. I get none of the minty sweetness of TLBS. QS Seems to vanish without a trace in very little time at all. I do like to layer EDT with aftershave whenever possible, but I'm not fond enough of QS to buy the AS.
10th December, 2016

• USD $16.90
  • Listing Type: eBay Store
  • Time Left: 17 days

Member images of Quorum Silver

There are no member images of Quorum Silver yet. Why not be the first?