Tea Rose Amber (1999)
    by Perfumer's Workshop

Average Rating:

Tea Rose Amber information

Tea Rose Amber is a women's fragrance by Perfumer's Workshop. The scent was launched in 1999

Reviews of Tea Rose Amber

Showing 1 to of 3 reviews.
    positive 3 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative No Negative Reviews

coveyrun's avatar

I have always loved Tea Rose by Perfumer's Workshop. It has long been one of my signature scents and will always be in my scent wardrobe rotation. I have always wanted to try the other Tea Rose off-shoot scents, but have never been able to find them. Recently located a 2.0 oz bottle of Tea Rose Amber at TJ Maxx for $4.99 and snatched it up to try. Took it home and used it for the first time yesterday and second time today. Like the original Tea Rose, it has amazing sillage and longevity, so I sprayed in the air and walked into it, allowing it to settle about me slowly, from the hair down. That was at 7 am, and I still catch amazing whiffs of it at 3 pm!

The official listing lists a number of scents that go into Tea Rose Amber's makeup, but much as the Rose is all you smell in the original Tea Rose, the Amber is pretty much all you smell in this version. That being said, it is sharper and a wee bit synthetic at first spray, but dries down to more of a powdery-ambery-vanillac scent that is simply mesmerizing. As the original Tea Rose is like bottled up spring and summer, Tea Rose Amber is like an amazing bottle of warm fall and winter. I don't really smell any of the floral notes in the opening, but they do add something of themselves during the dry down.

Even though it's mostly about the Amber, Tea Rose Amber is a surprisingly complex scent, and smells way more expensive than it is. If you are fond of amber scents, by all means, add this to your collection. If you don't know if you are fond of amber scents, by all means give this one a try--for the price you can hardly go wrong, even if you decide it's not for you. If it doesn't work with your chemistry, give it a try as a room or linen spray. You won't be sorry!

I am now looking to try Tea Rose Jasmin and Tea Rose Mesk. If anyone has any to share, please let me know.

31st December, 2013

Ms Rochambeau's avatar

I found it yesterday at TJ Maxx for $5. It's more about the amber than anything else and kind of synthetic starting out, but as it dries down it gets soft and mellow ant turns into a creamy ambery musk. In the store I stood there pondering it for a while, before I decided to place it into my basket, but it was so cheap I took the risk and now I'm glad I did. It's not a great perfume, but if your an amber lover, it is worth keeping your eyes open for, especially at that price.

I don't usually like rose scents but Perfumers Workshops Tea Rose is one I do like. Since the Rose and the Amber were both surprisingly good, I feel like going back to TJ's today to get the Tea Rose Jasmine that I passed on that was sitting right next to the Amber.

02 December, 2013

AnnS's avatar

The original rose fragrance to end all rose fragrances! Who didn't wear this in the 80s? It still holds its own as a respectable, very affordable, and very tenacious rose soliflore. It is one of the very few decent and fresh rose florals that can stand up to miserably hot and humid weather. Tea Rose has impressive staying power, and smells of a garden fresh hybrid tea rose with nice green notes. Tea Rose does not dry down to an annoying sweet or musk base as so many other rose blends do. There are no discernable spices or woods. It isjust rose rose rose, and very linear. Tea Rose has massive sillage, so only a wee bit is necessary, and it lasts forever. One $13 bottle of this would last you the rest of your life!

10th March, 2009