Silver Scent (2006)

Year of Launch2006

HouseJacques Bogart
Parent CompanyBogart Group

About Silver Scent

Silver Scent is a masculine fragrance by Jacques Bogart. The scent was launched in 2006

Reviews of Silver Scent

Not bad. Opening definitely has the grape soda feel but then it dries down to a loud fume cloud of synthetic fruit and dainty florals. The lavender keeps this masculine but it's almost feminine. That lavender is probably also the reason why I feel like this has an old-school feel to it.

Very good if not excellent projection and longevity.
19th January, 2018
As many reviewers have already noticed, Jacques Bogart Silver Scent has very astonishing similarities to Altamir by Ted Lapidus and Sculpture by Nikos. I reckon that it is not a pure coincidence, at least not with the former. The Bogart Group owns licenses for both Jacques Bogart and Ted Lapidus perfumes, so I wouldn't be surprised if JBSS and TLA shared the same vibe and aura. Besides, the three of them have nearly all the dominant main notes in common, such as orange blossom, tonka bean, lemon, and amber, plus some other notes eventually present in two of then and not in the other. Altamir and Silver Scent being for cold and dry winter's days, whereas Sculpture being for hot and wet summer's days. Anyway, that does not mean JBSS is either a copy or a clone of the other two... rather, it is an excellent perfume per se.

By the way, Silver Scent is a fragrance with many contrasts both fresh and warm, modern with a classical distinction. Its opening is surprising with the vibrancy of its citrus notes and the natural freshness of orange blossom. The lemon note is more like the aroma of the fresh juice, stinging and sour, rather than the zesty aroma from the peel, yet very good.

Let the citrus facet calm down a bit and a bitter aromatic spicy aroma starts spreading away. The wild green geranium and the dark lavender, together with the balsamic cardamom introduce the heart of this scent. This powerful mix fills your nose and reaches your mind, completely soothing your soul. it is dark, deep, mysterious. Silver Scent is my first JB scent, and I think I love it. This is the stage where the resemblance with TLA is more prominent.

As a final note, after several hours, an attractive accord of vetiver strengthened by teak wood blends into the intense sensuality of tonka beans. this stage is sweet and musky, truly masculine. Even though I know very well the smell of the lychee, my favorite Xmas fruit, I do not get any in there, rather a musky and mossy note is clearly recognizable.

I really enjoy this fragrance. Great longevity and sillage. I was wearing it on a working day, none of my colleagues got offended, and yet I got some whiff of it at evening on my way back home. Suitable for late fall and throughout winter, for people of middle 20 and above. An excellent value!

I am looking forward to buying some other JB fragrances!

Have a nice day,
Gianluca
23rd December, 2017
My wife brought this home because her work had it in the "free to a good home" basket. We sprayed it on paper and threw it in the bin shortly thereafter.
04th February, 2016
Another deodorant in a bottle. Aldehydes with a fruity twist, a light accord of green-floral notes (lavender) on a generic woody base, artificially metallic as many others in this price and quality range. Still a bit more pleasant than many others, even showing some interesting features, notably that unusual, soft, aromatic and cozy fruity note, a bit on the bubblegum side but discreet and nice (and above all, quite new to me, whatever it is). Soft and near-to-eternal drydown. Dull, but honest for the price and decent enough to stand a bit above the average.

02nd July, 2014
I finally bought this after much deliberating with myself as I own many scents already. It's very nice. On me it smells like raspberry and grape mixed with Nikos Sculpture. A nodd to Dunhill Desire Blue as well. I don't think the comparisons to 1 Million I've read are accurate. I think it probably smells more like Fuel For Life if anything. I am not getting any nuclear strength silage or longevity either but maybe that's olfactory fatigue.
I like it but I'm glad I only paid £12 for it. I own Sculpture and Fuel For Life and prefer both to this.
27th May, 2014
Too Too Good !!!

Ohhhkk,

Finally am here reviewing my most beloved Scent !!

Silver Scent by Jacques Bogart : Whatever i say for this gem would still be less !!

Silver Scent is a perfume best suited for winters !!

Though i don't understand each notes but still the overall package is lovely..

Just two sprays in the morning and you can feel the smell till evening

Gorgeous smell and actually Girl's Magnet !

I get loads of compliment whole day long..!

I thave till now consumed over 9 bottles of Silver Scent !!

Thumbs up for this legend at such a low price :)

Pros: Projection Monster,Long Lasting,Best Dating Fragrance,Versatile
Cons: Dont think so"

22nd August, 2013

Add your review of Silver Scent

Shop for Silver Scent products online

Shop for Silver Scent at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Silver Scent

Member images of Silver Scent

There are no member images of Silver Scent yet. Why not be the first?