Yavana
by Galimard

Yavana information

HouseGalimard

About Yavana

Yavana is a feminine perfume by Galimard.

Yavana fragrance notes

Reviews of Yavana

Had been looking forward to this one as it is almost the same as my own first name and the notes made it look interesting too.
Sillage is enormous and one of the notes is truly off-putting. My best guess is that it is the carnation (and/or moss) because while carnations are beautiful flowers and one of my favourites to buy (they don't wilt within 2-3 days so you can enjoy them for a long time after buying them) , they don't smell pretty!

It is funny to see comparisons with 4 other fragrances: trikkirikki above comparing it to Youth Dew and Dana Tabu. but elsewhere to Opium (vintage/new formulation?) and Coco (Chanel). It would be interesting to make a side-by-side comparison.. alas all these 4 fragrances are missing from my current (semi-vast) collection.

PS: quite impossible , yet it seems as if Yavana is getting stronger not weaker over time.. tremendous sillage and longevity! In that vein I'm quite pleased as it reflects a personal trait. I hope Galimard will be able to maintain this quality, in the light of the draconian rules the EC is making and banning nearly every fixative fragrance ingredient in existence.
12th December, 2012
Yavana could be a long lost relation to both Youth Dew and Tabu. To my nose they all sort of fall into the same kind of category. What makes Yavana so billiant are the rich, citrusy top notes. The bergamot, lemon and orange blossom becomes a very ripe, juicy, spicy orange on me.

Unfortunately, the top notes dies rather quickly, I would have loved to see the rich orange continue in the middle notes. The dry down gives me a lot of carnation and something resembling nutmeg, even though it's not listed as a note. It's spicy, rich and the amber is gorgeous. I wish for more people to discover this.
27th January, 2011

Add your review of Yavana

Shop for Yavana products online

Member images of Yavana

There are no member images of Yavana yet. Why not be the first?