Versace Man Eau Fraîche (2006)
by Versace

Versace Man Eau Fraîche information

Year of Launch2006

HouseVersace
Parent CompanyEuroitalia

About Versace Man Eau Fraîche

Versace Man Eau Fraîche is a masculine fragrance by Versace. The scent was launched in 2006

Versace Man Eau Fraîche fragrance notes

Reviews of Versace Man Eau Fraîche

Nice citrus in the opening but then dries down to a baby powder smell.

I've worn it a few times and it always projects very well and lasts all day.
06th June, 2017
Being a fan of Versace fragrances, I was excited about 'Eau Fraiche' when I heard it was similar to the female version of Dolce Gabbana 'Light Blue' But, it is actually more of a smell-a-like typical aquatic fresh fragrance which is somewhat boring to me.

The initial blast is citrus, lemon, water accords and subtle airy wood notes. I don't really get any fruity notes or musk here. Its not even really strong coming out of the bottle, and basically smells like a body wash that could be called 'fresh' or 'sport'. It does smell really good when it first comes out, and the first couple hours are great.

The middle and base of this comes pretty fast, and the watery accord becomes the scent. It does share a lot similarities with Dolce Gabbana 'Light Blue' once it settles down, but its way more subtle and doesn't have the sharp and piercing quality that 'Light Blue' does. I can't imagine wearing this outdoors, as it just doesn't have the projection or performance for that. Indoors, date nights and office environments in the summer could definitely work fairly well.

With a liberal application of a dozen sprays (neck, wrists, shoulders and chest), I am getting four to six hours of longevity, with average projection and sillage. After the first two hours, it becomes an aquatic skin scent that basically smells like a sport or fresh deodorant. If someone is up close to your neck they will smell it, but if they are two feet away, nothing.

I soaked myself in this for a night out clubbing and couldn't smell anything by the time we left four hours later and got no compliments with it. I always get compliments with other fresh fragrances, Invictus, Aqva Amara, Acqua du Gio and Issey Miyake to name a few. This one, nothing.

There are countless colognes that smell exactly like this and perform better, so I really just can't recommend this to anyone unless you are seeking a subtle aquatic for indoors, the office or date nights in the summer. If Versace came out with an Eau De Parfum concentration and fixed the projection and performance of this, it would easily be a thumbs up and recommend from me.
31st May, 2017
I know this is loved by many. Purchased it recently at Macy's with a gift card I received. Am trying to like it. Just not sure. Maybe I am having trouble getting past the strong star fruit note, though I know this is one quality that makes this frag stand out. Jury still very much out for me on this one.

BTW, I am a 55 year old male who loves frags such as Aramis classic, Issey Miyake Leau D'Issey, and Chanel Pour Monsieur EDP. Hoping to acquire a taste for Eau Fraishe for the hot Sacramento summer ahead.
11th March, 2017
This is fresh, my wife loves it, her freinds like it. I dont seem to tire of this one ive had a few bottles its always in my rotation esp in spring. Its hard to describe the smell its almost woodsy aquatic to me. Great longevity i still like the european purple one better.
02nd January, 2017
I blind bought this one based on the good reviews, in the beginning I was neutral to the scent, out of the box it seemed just like any aquatic fresh fragrance.
After few weeks of use, i started to like it more and more.I think the scent is beautifully balanced without beeing soapy.Masculine but not overpowering.Casual but far from cheap. I notice people around me seem to like it, especially it draws attention from the women at the gym.This is perfect for spring, summer in shorts or jeans .After gym or to the night out. Totally versatile. Totally recommend this .
13th December, 2016
First off, I love the scent. It's a great, fresh, lemon and star fruit aquatic that seems to be fairly linear.

I was in target yesterday and was able to get a 1.7 oz bottle for $30, so I decided to try it out. Now it could be because it's winter, it could be because I got it from target (who knows how old the juice is?), but the sillage and longevity simply isn't there. After getting Eros last year, I expected a lot more in terms of this. If you're looking for something beyond a skin scent, I can't recommend it at this point. This may change come spring or summer.

What does this remind me of? I would have to say if Acqua di Gio and CK One had a baby, this would be the baby. I would also call it Versace PH's little brother, despite it being a year or few older.

I think this is a "juvenile" citrus and would be best used in the summer as a casual fragrance. If I had to give an age range, I'd say anyone from 16 to 30 could pull this off.

Overall, this is a very inoffensive citrusy scent that would be worth a lot more if it simply lasted. This is definitely worth a try, but I'm not sure I can say it's worth a buy yet.
27th November, 2016 (last edited: 28th November, 2016)

Add your review of Versace Man Eau Fraîche