The Sands of Aqaba
    by Miriam Mirani - Aqaba

Average Rating:

The Sands of Aqaba information

The Sands of Aqaba is a women's fragrance by Miriam Mirani - Aqaba.

Reviews of The Sands of Aqaba

Showing 1 to of 1 reviews.
    positive No Positive Reviews • neutral1 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

Tovah's avatar

Whew! The notes and description of Sands of Aqaba made me imagine it as a very different scent. I was expecting a dry, vetiver-green, floriental (probably because the name called to mind "Dior Dune"). I wanted it to solve the mysteries hidden in the deserts of the Holy Land. Instead, Sands of Aqaba is a heavy, strong, powdery floral that, oddly, reminds me of that old drugstore favorite, Jontue. I don't mean this as a put-down; every once in awhile I used to wear Jontue in high school, (it was a gift), and I have very happy memories of it. I haven't smelled it in over 20 years, though, so don't think Sands of Aqaba smells like Jontue, based on my shaky memory. Every once in awhile a hint of Sands reminds me of Chanel No. 19 (the original masterpiece), as well. (If it happened more often, I'd probably have to purchase this.) Sands of Aqaba is a beautifully crafted perfume of obvious high quality and the finest ingredients. I was hoping it would be more exotic, and, frankly, sexier. Heavier on incense. This is a very formal fragrance, that I cannot associate with any romance, let alone an ancient secret romance. I think I dislike Sands on myself because I'm not a fan of iris, (now I'm dodging bullets!). Some notes of Sands are Florentine Iris, Vetiver, and Tuberose. I was hoping for lots of Tuberose, noticeable Vetiver, and a mere hint of Iris. Alas, that's just not how this works on my skin. Even though I won't be pining for Sands of Aqaba, I recognize that it's a very fine fragrance.

09 June, 2008