The Sands of Aqaba
by Miriam Mirani - Aqaba

The Sands of Aqaba information

HouseMiriam Mirani - Aqaba

About The Sands of Aqaba

The Sands of Aqaba is a feminine perfume by Miriam Mirani - Aqaba.

Reviews of The Sands of Aqaba

There is one review of The Sands of Aqaba.
Tovah Show all reviews
Whew! The notes and description of Sands of Aqaba made me imagine it as a very different scent. I was expecting a dry, vetiver-green, floriental (probably because the name called to mind "Dior Dune"). I wanted it to solve the mysteries hidden in the deserts of the Holy Land. Instead, Sands of Aqaba is a heavy, strong, powdery floral that, oddly, reminds me of that old drugstore favorite, Jontue. I don't mean this as a put-down; every once in awhile I used to wear Jontue in high school, (it was a gift), and I have very happy memories of it. I haven't smelled it in over 20 years, though, so don't think Sands of Aqaba smells like Jontue, based on my shaky memory. Every once in awhile a hint of Sands reminds me of Chanel No. 19 (the original masterpiece), as well. (If it happened more often, I'd probably have to purchase this.) Sands of Aqaba is a beautifully crafted perfume of obvious high quality and the finest ingredients. I was hoping it would be more exotic, and, frankly, sexier. Heavier on incense. This is a very formal fragrance, that I cannot associate with any romance, let alone an ancient secret romance. I think I dislike Sands on myself because I'm not a fan of iris, (now I'm dodging bullets!). Some notes of Sands are Florentine Iris, Vetiver, and Tuberose. I was hoping for lots of Tuberose, noticeable Vetiver, and a mere hint of Iris. Alas, that's just not how this works on my skin. Even though I won't be pining for Sands of Aqaba, I recognize that it's a very fine fragrance.
09th June, 2008

Add your review of The Sands of Aqaba

Shop for The Sands of Aqaba products online

Search Amazon for The Sands of Aqaba

Member images of The Sands of Aqaba

There are no member images of The Sands of Aqaba yet. Why not be the first?