Escentric 01 (2006)

Year of Launch2006

HouseEscentric Molecules
PerfumerGeza Schoen

About Escentric 01

Escentric Molecules say: 'Escentric 01 consists of ‘Iso E Super’ in an unprecedented concentration (65%), together with other ingredients (including pink pepper, green lime and balsamic notes like benzoin, mastic and incense) in a new balance. Rather than the traditional top-to-bottom fragrance pyramid, Escentric 01 focuses on a long, lingering base note composed of warm musk and woody tones.'

Escentric 01 fragrance notes

Reviews of Escentric 01

rbaker Show all reviews
A carpet of sunthetic-dull Iso E permeates this products, and off and on I get pleasant woodsy notes with a gently peppery hint. Very minimalist but not particularly exciting, as it remains quite dull on my skin.

The sillage is poor, the projection weak and the longevity is three hours on me. Nice, but not more. 2.5/5
02nd August, 2015
I really didn't expect to like Escentric 01 as much as I have, probably because I've long considered the whole line a bit of a novelty. It doesn't feel like there's much to it, but somehow it gets what little it does just perfect, which I guess is a great example of how minimalism is supposed to work.

So what does it smell like? A nice oak wine barrel smell overlaid with tons of iso E super, so it puts out huge billows of smoky sillage and also has a creamy richness that implies incense or amber without really smelling like either. There's also an abstract feeling of citrus that doesn't really smell like actual citrus. All in all, Escentric 01 somehow hits all the buttons and comes out smelling simultaneously artistic, wearable, and clever. Nice.
20th February, 2015
I don't get a resemblance to Fahrenheit at all.

I do agree there is a somewhat citric character, and certainly pepper, possibly hot pepper in the opening. I get a rose-frankincense character in the heart and agree with the "blond woods" idea as well. Also I do get a touch of ambroxan, which gives depth. The whole structure has an interesting dissonance and vibration to it that keeps me sniffing. To me, it's like a stripped-down Balenciaga pour Homme, with all the elements of that dense, extreme incense-animalic composition turned down to a moderate volume. Excellent longevity (of course). Not sure I'm going to rush out to get a bottle, but it smells good.
21st August, 2012
l get lemon, pepper & woods in the opening, joined a few minutes later by what smells to me like ambergris, although no-one else seems to have mentioned it. The ambergris slowly begins to dominate after 90 minutes, & the scent stays fairly linear from then on, fading out after four to five hours. This fragrance has a lovely, fresh-yet-warm vibe, & is easily unisex.
12th June, 2012
This smells fantastic on my clothes after I've worn it, but not so great on my skin directly. Unlike others, I can smell this quite strongly and it doesn't disappear on my skin. It's not dreadful on my skin but just doesn't compare to how intriguing and lovely it smells on my clothes. That said, on some days it's better than others. For this reason it's quite a mysterious, elusive scent for me, I can't quite pin it down, but for that reason I like it.
05th December, 2011
Escentric 01 is much better than Molecule 01 and at least I don't feel like Geza Schoen is pulling my leg with a single molecule of Iso E Super. E01 opens with a great combination of pepper and woods notes joined by a sparkling lemon. Unique and somehow familiar at the same time, then the Iso E Super starts to play his role evolving the scent into an intoxicating woody-incensey accord that stays linear for hours. IMO this is the real essence of this fragrance. I immagine E01 as an undressed minimal version of the vintage Fahrenheit or, if you prefer, as a warmer Odeur 71 with Lemon instead of mint.

This is not a groundbreaking or revolutionary release and, as I said for Molecule 01, no "magic" or pheromonic effects here, but if you try to forget about all the hype behind this line of fragrances you will discover an incredibly delightful and modern scent that has a great projection and an amazing lasting power. In continental europe this is sold cheaper than in the US.
06th April, 2011

Add your review of Escentric 01

Shop for Escentric 01 products online

Shop for Escentric 01 at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Escentric 01

Member images of Escentric 01

There are no member images of Escentric 01 yet. Why not be the first?