Molecule 01 (2006)

• Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

Average Rating: 3

Based on 127 ratings

Molecule 01 information

Molecule 01 is a unisex fragrance by Escentric Molecules. The scent was launched in 2006

Shop for Molecule 01 products online

Reviews of Molecule 01

Showing 1 to 6 of 55 reviews.

hraza76's avatar

A review of Molecule 01 is like reviewing your own skin chemistry more so than other fragrances. I am not sure the fragrance itself is to blame and worthy a thumbs down if one cannot smell anything or worse yet, smell bad wearing it. On me, it smells amazing as I cannot stop sniffing my wrist obsessively. Does that mean that my skin chemistry is conducive to the idea of Molecule 01. Perhaps!! An appropriate rating would be neutral since reviewing this particular fragrance is subject to one's own skin chemistry, however I have to give it a thumbs up to balance all the negative reviews and give Geza's ingenuity a nod!!

15 July, 2014 (Last Edited: 21st July, 2014)

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Woods

So this is Iso E Super. Woo hoo. And not so super.

On me this is a flat, powdery, cedar-like accord thatís initially just dull, but eventually winds up irritating. Iím not certain, but if Molecule 01 is representative of Iso E Super in relative isolation, I may have found the tiresomely overused base note material which in overdose ruins scents like Lolita Lempicka au Masculin and Guerlain Homme for me. Iíd have to live with it longer to be certain, but I donít want to.

19 June, 2014

2nosedtwin's avatar

Netherlands Netherlands

Essentric Molecules - Molecule 01
    Geza Schoen doesn't only has a good nose for making well-structured perfumes- he also has a nose for trends. His Molecule 01 is an example of how to use a minimalistic approach to its full and maximal effect and create a scent that not only does behave and 'smell' in a way like other scents donít, but also sells like hell...
    One very important quality of an perfumer is to spot effects in a perfume and magnify them to such an extent that people can relate with them, and give the wearer the feeling it does something 'personal' to him/her. Molecule 01 is not a perfume, nor can it be called a scent. In the way that Geza Schoen approaches the iso E super-molecule, put it in its specific dilution as here, it becomes more of an olfactory special-effect sketch. For me it behaves very 'taste'-like; bitter, sour, salty and very slightly sweet, are the main themes that are being transformed, distorted and accentuated by the wearer's skin, at times light and at times more dark; sometimes loud smelling, at other times quiet- playing with the volume-knob. Its also about form and content; sometimes it smells thin, sometimes more weighted, more full-bodied.
    At first when I sprayed this on, I couldnít smell anything- on my skin it took a while before Molecule 01 showed some notes. For me it smells like one thing only, and thatís driftwood; in particular of Desire Blue by Dunhill, which has the iso super E cranked up very high. Molecule 01 also has an airy and marine-like quality and a slight limonene-like and 'inky'-undertone. Its an exercise in the most rendement giving, scent vs. skin-behavior of a single scent-molecule, in a specific dilution, that sorts the most magical outcome possible. I think its a very good thing that Molecule 01 is among us- it something else, not new, but certainly a piece of craftsmanship thatís deserves its popularity.

07 May, 2014

krsams1's avatar

Count me as lucky that I can smell it, wear it well, and it broadens all of my fragrances well. Must have.

05 May, 2014

bmn's avatar

This is more like a fragrance experience than a fragrance to be worn and appreciated if you ask me. I put a single drop on a piece of paper, approximately 3 mm wide. I couldn't smell anything right away, so I waited 10 minutes. I still couldn't smell anything, so I put the card down on top of some books on my computer. A few hours later I kept getting whiffs of a woody, earthy smell, but I couldn't figure out where it was coming from. Then I remembered the card. I put my nose up on it and there it was. So I am not anosmic, I thought. The smell is definitely in the same vein as earthy smell in Encre Noire and Terre D'Hermes -- subtle, not in your face. I kept getting little whiffs of it over the next 48 hours. I finally moved the card to about 10 feet away from me, but I could still smell it. Turns out that some seeped through onto the books below. Keep in mind that this stuff was applied to the card over 48 hours ago. I applied the smallest amount I could get to come out because there was very little in the sample I had. I'm impressed with the projection and logenvity -- no wonder scents with iso-super-E last and project. It would be fun to mix this with other things and see what happens. I wouldn't buy a bottle of this to wear, but I'm glad I have now experienced iso-Super-E in a single molecule fragrance.

13 April, 2014

Kain's avatar

Iran Iran

WOW, what a strange fragrance!
    When you take a look at the note breakdown there is only one chemical component but when you sniff it it's a true fragrance with lots of characters!
    Some people say they can't smell it but I can clearly smell it and it's a very good and completely masculine scent. gals stay away!
    The opening is a boozy scent with lots of spice specially cinnamon and maybe some clove.
    I can smell a woody scent too that smell like cedar.
    It's a very sharp woody and spicy scent with boozy aspect.
    As time goes by the boozy feeling is gone and I can smell that sharp woody and spicy scent with just a little amount of sweetness.
    There is a weak earthy feeling, something like vetiver too but it's in the background.
    There is no big changes to the end.
    Projection is very good and longevity is around 8-10 hours on my skin.

30th January, 2014

Add your review of Molecule 01

Search for on eBay United States

Molecule 01 by Escentric Molecules 3.4 oz 100ml. New.
    • Time Left: 13 days
    (Shipping from Russian)
    Escentric Molecules "Molecule 01" Eau de Parfum 100ml Spray (Tester)
    • Listing Type: Auction with Buy it Now
    • 0 Bid(s)
    • Time Left: 1 day
    (Shipping from Greece)
    Escentric Molecules Escentric 01 (Uni) 3ml, probe spirits Eau de Parfum
    Molecule 01 by Escentric Molecules 100ml
    • Time Left: 28 days
    (Shipping from Russian)
    Molecule 01 (identical to Escentric Molecules) 100ml, HIGH QUALITY&FREE SHIPPING
    • Time Left: 17 days
    (Shipping from Slovenia)
    Molecule 01 by Escentric Molecules Eau de Parfum 3.4 oz/ 100ml.
    • Time Left: 22 days
    (Shipping from Russian)
    Escentric 01 by Escentric Molecules 3.4 oz 100ml. New.
    • Time Left: 18 days
    Escentric 01 by Escentric Molecules 30 ML, Eau de Parfum ORIGINAL SEALED
    • Time Left:
    (Shipping from Russian)
    Molecule 01 by Escentric Molecules 30 ml. Alloy Case.Travel size.
    Escentric Molecules Escentric 01 limited edition 100 ml (Unisex) Eau de Parfum