Molecule 01 (2006)

• Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

Average Rating: 3

Based on 127 ratings

Molecule 01 information

Molecule 01 is a unisex fragrance by Escentric Molecules. The scent was launched in 2006

Shop for Molecule 01 products online

100ml EdT

Reviews of Molecule 01

Showing 1 to 6 of 61 reviews.

Darvant's avatar

Supremely synthetic aromachemicals centered well made experiment. A futuristic, minimalistic, distant and "molecular" cold/elusive liquid for us. On my skin Molecule 01 smells about fresh mountain air, laboratory experiment, molecular dustiness (like a volatile light simil-frankincense....Iso E Driven incense), pencil shaving woods (mostly synthetic cedarwood...Iso E Super), black pepper, russian pure transparent vodka, light floral notes (like lotus, peony, geranium) and synthetic musk. I detect vaguely the "Comme des Garcons/Andrea Maack-like" muffled-hyperbaric atmosphere or a "Terre d'Hermes/Gucci Pour Homme and partially LesNez Let me Play the Lion" type of dusty-aerial vibe but in this case the Iso E Super impersonal woody muskiness is prevailing over. A nice experiment if you like the new "impersonal distant fluidy synthetism" of the new avant-garde brands. Not for me anyway.

25th February, 2015

Iffy's avatar

Tried on a winter day, not super cold but winter nevertheless.
    Maybe not the best weather for this fragrance but the shop hadn't the fragrances I wanted to test so I went with this one cause I already knew it was about Iso E and skin chemistry.

In my skin, this fragrance does nothing.
    At first I got the alcohol vibe, just the alcohol in a shy way and maybe a bit musky... but was unable to detect anymore.
    After a few hours I got a soapy vibe, like if I've washed my hands 10 minutes ago. Totally skin scent.

And that's all for me, maybe some summer I'll try again but this one went to top curiousity list to the bottom.

Another aspect that piss me off is the price just cause it's niche. Come on, where are the high quality ingredients here? I'm sure this one is a thousand times cheaper to produce than any other.

21st February, 2015

hoschhti's avatar

Germany Germany

This is pure Iso E Super diluted in alcohol. Folks, don't buy this stuff unless you have too much money and want to get rid of it! This stuff is a rip-off and you could easily produce your own "Molecule 01" at a fraction of the cost!

13th February, 2015

KarenH's avatar

I love this -- most days. :) It's my everyday fragrance lately. And the scent changes so often that it's like a new scent some days. It's light -- because it's less a fragrance than an ingredient -- and as described, mixes with your own chemistry to create something unique. I have even found it interesting to use a spritz of this as well as another perfume, for something quite different and pleasing without conflicting. I get more comments on this scent than I do on most others.

23rd January, 2015 (Last Edited: 29th January, 2015)

maccus's avatar

Ethereal? I was drawn to a tape measure my daughter had used and returned to the bits and bobs drawer. My nose led me to it. I became obsessed by a cedar fragrance that was... well, ethereal coming from somewhere in my kitchen. My daughter had left for New York a week or so before so, this fragrance affords a longevity like few others. It augments the wearer or the tape measure that she touched whilst wearing the fragrance. It amplifies and qualifies and caresses other fragrances as if providing some woody base notes and some compelling notes that I associate with civet as it might be worn on some higher vibration. I know this sounds affected and airy fairy but this fragrance is bizarre in the waves it seems to create. It 'pulsates' with tones and notes. I am sitting here sniffing a tape measure obsessively. If someone told me pheromones were involved in this composition, I'd believe it. I'd believe anything, however fanciful, about this fragrance. I will buy some and hope I smell as alluring as that tape measure; an ironic if literal way to measure the success of a fragrance.

23rd January, 2015

CGR's avatar

Ok now i read loads of reviews before purchasing this fragrance, and most people were raving about Molecule 1. I ended up buying it and have gotta say it's ok. on my skin, sometimes I get a peppery note that isn't that pleasant and other times i get a nice cedar wood smell without the pepper note. So on me it is very unpredictable. It is also quite a suttle scent.

I tried laying Molecule 1 with a few other scents and I really liked the outcome. I layered it with Issey Miyake the original, and it is a great combination. I also combined it with Creed Aventus and that worked wonders as well. So all in all I would rate it 6/10

05th August, 2014

Add your review of Molecule 01

Search for on eBay United States

Molecule 01 by Escentric Molecules 3.4 oz 100ml. New.
    • Time Left: 9 days
    (Shipping from Hungary)
    ESCENTRIC MOLECULES MOLECULE 01
    • Time Left: 3 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)
    Molecule 01 by Escentric Molecules TESTER 100ml. New.
    Escentric 01 by Escentric Molecules 3.4 oz/100 ml Eau de Parfum New
    • Time Left: 26 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)
    Escentric 01 by Escentric Molecules 3.4 oz/100 ml. Eau de Parfum, New. TESTER
    (Shipping from Russia)
    Molecule 01 Iso E super- Finest 30ml Identical to Escentric Molecules Great Gift
    • Time Left: 19 days
    (Shipping from Lithuania)
    Molecule 01 by Escentric Molecules Eau de Parfum 3.4 oz/ 100ml.
    • Time Left: 18 days