Menthe Fraiche / Fresh Mint / Eau de Menthe

Average Rating: 4

Based on 85 ratings

Menthe Fraiche / Fresh Mint / Eau de Menthe Fragrance Notes

Menthe Fraiche / Fresh Mint / Eau de Menthe information

Menthe Fraiche / Fresh Mint / Eau de Menthe is a unisex fragrance by Heeley.

Shop for Menthe Fraiche / Fresh Mint / Eau de Menthe products online

Reviews of Menthe Fraiche / Fresh Mint / Eau de Menthe

Showing 1 to 6 of 17 reviews.

Johnnyacl's avatar

Opinion: James Heeley has one of the best Summer fragrances, in my opinion - Sel Marin. Although I knew this would be a different kind of scent, I was eager to test Menthe Fraiche due to the fact of my love for very fresh fragrances in hot Summer days. So, does Menthe Fraiche met my expectations? Yes, it did. This is a very agreeable, safe, clean, fresh scent, citrusy and mostly minty scent. The opening gives a blast of ultra freshness, with mint and bergamot. Really great. The fragrance is a bit linear although one can smell the green tea and cedar in the drydown.

This is a very safe, bright, clean and smooth scent. The quality of the fragrance is noticeable and it has a natural smell. I was a bit worried about the mint, but there´s no vibe of chewing gum or tooth paste at all. This is an excellent choice for very hot Summer days. So far this is the best mint/fresh fragrance for Summer that I know. It´s not the BEST smelling Summer fragrance I know, but the best fresh fragrance for very hot days.

Sillage and projection could be better, unfortunately, but even so, the longevity is better than I thought.

Type/Gender:Unisex

This is a unisex scent, not leaning toward any gender.

Season and Purpose: A Summer fragrance than is also a good choice for Spring warmer days. Also possible for hot Fall days but not an option for Winter at all.

This scent is quite agreeable and safe, so I´d say it´s good for work, casual, interviews, etc. Not the best scent for date and definitively not a going out scent.

Achilles heel: Performance (sillage and projection)

Regarding Performance:

Sillage: 7.50
    Projection: 6.90
    Uniqueness: 8
    Versatility: 7.85
    --- Overall: 8.00

Would I buy it? Most likely.

A very nice scent, safe, with a interesting price €120 (~$163) for 100 ml. Although not on top of priorities, it´d be a case to really consider.

20th August, 2014

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Green

Heeley’s Menthe Fraîche is brilliant and disappointing in equal measure. The opening salvo is terrific: one of the few interpretations of the title note to avoid any suggestion of mouthwash, cough drops, or toothpaste,* capturing instead the leafy, astringent, and savory qualities of mint.

Unfortunately the mint effect is, quite literally, a flash of brilliance. It’s magnificent while it endures, but gone within minutes. The mild clean musk skin scent that remains in its wake does nothing for me.

19 June, 2014

Colin Maillard's avatar

I love James Heeley and his great ability to put together really simple, linear, sound, perfectly-balanced fragrances, but this one smells just a hint better than Brooklyn Mint chewing-gums to me.

24 January, 2014 (Last Edited: 05 April, 2014)

Jridgen's avatar

Fresh Mint

I cannot imagine doing a mint note any better than the one in this Heeley. It's neither toothpasty or overly leafy/herbal (e.g Roadster).  I reach for this all the time, though I tend to wear it only casually.

20th May, 2013

Justin Case's avatar

This is a mint and tea scent with the signature smooth, almost buttery Heeley signature base. The opening is nice and giddy with mint being the predominant feature. It dries down rather quickly giving way to mostly tea, strongly resembling L'Occitane's The Vert, which is a lot less expensive.

05 May, 2013

Possum-Pie's avatar

When I saw "mint" I worried that it would be cheap imitation mint like toothpaste or mouthwash. I was pleasantly surprised to find it was very natural/organic smelling mint. The down-side is similar to all other Heeley's I have tried. Like Penhaligon's The opening sits politely on your skin, and doesn't project or have longevity. I described one of Heeley's other fragrances as "fragrance snack" not meant to fill you up all day.

29 November, 2012