L'Air du Desert Marocain (2005)
    by Tauer

Average Rating: 4.5

Based on 717 ratings

L'Air du Desert Marocain Fragrance Notes

L'Air du Desert Marocain information

L'Air du Desert Marocain is a unisex fragrance by Tauer. The scent was launched in 2005

Reviews of L'Air du Desert Marocain

Showing 1 to 6 of 156 reviews.

RUDOLFO512's avatar

Wow mind blowing fragrance! It starts out very strong and dries down to a soft petit grain, incense and cedar. To me it smells like an incense store I used to visit when I was a teenager. It stays on the skin for a long time. It is very elegant and exquisite. I imagine Rudolf Valentino wearing this scent. L`Air du Desert Marocain is a true masterpiece by Andy Tauer.

26 September, 2014

stephend's avatar

One of my very favourite fragrances. I swoon with the cedar on the dry down. It stays with me all day and more. It's very hard to find a fragrance that lasts so long. What does Mr Tauer add? Same goes for Lonestar Memories.
    I like Lonestar Memories but it's a more difficult fragrance. I can't just wear it anywhere. Whereas L'air du desert is a sumptuous friend that I don't worry about inflicting on others.

13 August, 2014

RC.'s avatar

Love it. Stings your nose with a sharp smokiness that lasts a long time. I feel like a badass when I step out at night wearing it. Pair it with something a little edgy, stylish, even bohemian from your wardrobe and you're ready for the kill. Department store aquatics don't even stand a chance.

13 August, 2014

PeteH's avatar

I'm bemused by all the raves about this frag. I thought it was a sad, watery Timbuktu wannabe that disappeared in 30 minutes. I'm honestly shocked by all the talk of 12 hours longevity. Are we talking about the same fragrance?!?

No... No... Mr Strong no here.

03 August, 2014

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Woody Oriental

L'Air du Desert Morocain opens as a very heavy amber and honey blend, quickly joined by some sweet citrus and a beguiling touch of smoke. Over the first few minutes the honey and amber settle into the background while the smoke intensifies and a very well-rendered tobacco note steps forward. The citrus persists for some time, like a cool breeze that lifts the composition and keeps its sweetness from from becoming ponderous. Some incense pushes its way forward over time, while the sweet amber resurfaces, and then grows more and more dominant. The drydown is sweet, smoky amber and persists for a long time.

This is a complex and impressive oriental scent that will appeal to lovers of the Serge Lutens line. While it's individual notes and tone recall such Sheldrake/Lutens classics as Ambre Sultan, Chergui, Arabie, and especially Fumerie Turque, it's not derivative of them. In fact, it's better balanced and quite a bit lighter, which I think makes it much more wearable. A very fine scent.

19 June, 2014

2nosedtwin's avatar

Netherlands Netherlands

Andy Tauer - L'Air du Desert Morocain
    I once tested all of Tauer's perfumes in one go and was sick for 2 days after that; I call it the Tauer's stress-syndrome now... All his perfumes have a sort of chemical sharpness to them, which I guess I am allergic to - so smelling this isn’t an easy task.
    L'Air smells like pepper, frankincense, cederwood, styrax, myrrh, labdanum and vanilla mixed down in a slobby fashion where no note climbs up the stage and shows its true character - instead all the individual qualities of the notes get snowed under in a kakafonie of smells that only get to sing in a clear and clean tonality in its late dryout. Still - just smelling some good quality frankincense sorts out a much better effect then smelling L'air, in my opinion. I’m gonna try to scrub this of my hand now with some similar smelling handsoap... I feel Tauer's stress-syndrome taking control of my body now; making my nose, head and eyes hurt and ache, increasing my hart-rate and letting my right-leg nervously shake in a uncontrollable way...
    Still in the mist of this all, I can smell that Andy Tauer put his very best in this one - so I hope that there are many people out there that are able to like this perfume. Andy Tauer deserves his succes.

24 May, 2014

• 12 Bid(s)
    • Time Left: 4 days
    HIGHEST BID
    (Shipping from Canada)
    ANDY TAUER " L'AIR DU DESERT MAROCAIN " EDT 50 ML - NEW WITHOUT BOX (AS PHOTO)
    • Listing Type: eBay Store
    • Time Left: 22 days
    (Shipping from Germany)
    TAUER L`Air du Desert Marocain EDT Intense 5ml Deluxe Travel Atomizer
    • Listing Type: Auction with Buy it Now
    • 0 Bid(s)
    • Time Left:
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)
    TAUER L`Air du Desert Marocain EDP 5ml in Travel Refillable Atomizer Spray
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left: 22 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)