L'Air du Desert Marocain (2005)
by Tauer

L'Air du Desert Marocain information

Year of Launch2005

HouseTauer
PerfumerAndy Tauer

About L'Air du Desert Marocain

L'Air du Desert Marocain is a shared / unisex perfume by Tauer. The scent was launched in 2005 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Andy Tauer

L'Air du Desert Marocain fragrance notes

Reviews of L'Air du Desert Marocain

I have never been to Morocco. However, I haven been to Egypt. Luxor to be precise. It is probably my favorite place on earth. I have visited Luxor twice. It is like going back to biblical times and holds almost 20% of the world's historical monuments. The second time I visited Luxor was with my now wife but girlfriend at the time. I remember sitting in the gardens of a particular hotel. It was late at night. The air was filled with flowers, water from the river Nile and the smell of the near by Sahara desert. I was in love and remember thinking that I would like to capture that night forever. This is of course impossible and remains only in my imagination but L'Air du Desert Moracain does envoke memories of that particular night and Luxor in general. The spice, the flowers, the incense.......The overall felling. A true purfumery journey and work of art. 10/10.
24th November, 2017
I have never regarded L'Air du Desert Marocain as a winter scent, despite its spicy resinous nature. There is something fresh and airy about it. In fact, it does the vast internal space trick better than Timbuktu in my opinion. Yes, it's a spicy (almost foodie), incensy, rosy, woody powerhouse, but it's definitely not a warm winter smell for me. This may be because I've spent some time East of the Atlas Mountains in Morocco, and the smell is associated with warm sunny weather and clear night skies in my head.

This brings to mind the smell of cedar and cloves and cooking and roses, even if they're not all in there. Oddly enough, when I used to go to Morocco quite a bit, I never thought of actually wearing any of these spicy oriental smells - my weapon of choice while there was always something sharp and fresh and not so feminine - Cristalle for example. I guess I still feel the notes in L'Air du Desert Marocain as an atmosphere or surrounding rather than a perfume, but it's a cloud I'm often blissed out to be walking around in.

Sometimes, I find spicy incense scents have a damp or dank rough edge to them, which may also contribute to my feeling that they are not winter scents. This isn't really present here in L'Air du Desert Marocain, which is beautifully dry, but the coolness is - there's a lovely vetiver streak running through it without a hint of cloying sweetness. That's actually the trick of L'Air du Desert Marocain for me - it's not at all cloying.

And the best part is - it's available in 15ml bottles as part of Andy Tauer's Explorer set of 3 15ml sizes.
20th July, 2017

This is the best you can hope for in a fragrance that evokes an imagined memory.
Beautiful petitgrain/lavender opening dressed down by the cumin morphing into a resinous jasmine accord.
Suddenly it gets spicy/dusty dry like you have left the oasis and are now smack bang in the desert proper.
The oakmoss cedar patchouli base is like the beautiful haunting soundtrack of a cinematic masterwork. There are no individual starring performers here but the greatest ensemble cast gathered together making this fragrance/film the epic masterpiece it is.
This is ever changing and evolving during its development but always maintains its continuity. Enigmatic, enchanting and exciting.
19th July, 2017
Incense & sandalwood. I see how some folks are reminded of church. The drydown reminds me of the fragrance that surrounds you when you go to a Restoration Hardware or a Hollister. This one lasts and lasts. My girlfriend could still smell it on me when I got home from work. I could smell it when I got into bed, and again when I went to the gym. Sweet, vanilla ending, not bad,l. I will definitely wear this again.
Longevity high. Projection average. Nobody commented
15th July, 2017
The sense of smell is so closely linked with memory that a personal association can either make or break a fragrance. Unfortunately, I get nothing but dry, smokey incense wafting through Catholic mass - so much that I half-expected to be pelted by a shower of holy water. And even though a very nice vanilla note joins in at dry down, the frankincense-type accord dominates. Incidentally, this is the first fragrance that gave me a splitting headache.
09th May, 2017
Not a crowd-pleaser, so I think it takes a little self-confidence to pull off a fragrance like this. All in all, it's simply a fascinating piece of artistry by Andy Tauer that I always look forward to wearing and enjoying- just for me!
07th May, 2017

Add your review of L'Air du Desert Marocain

Shop for L'Air du Desert Marocain products online

Shop for L'Air du Desert Marocain at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for L'Air du Desert Marocain

Member images of L'Air du Desert Marocain

There are no member images of L'Air du Desert Marocain yet. Why not be the first?