L'Air du Desert Marocain (2005)
by Tauer

L'Air du Desert Marocain information

Year of Launch2005

HouseTauer
PerfumerAndy Tauer

About L'Air du Desert Marocain

L'Air du Desert Marocain is a shared / unisex perfume by Tauer. The scent was launched in 2005 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Andy Tauer

L'Air du Desert Marocain fragrance notes

Reviews of L'Air du Desert Marocain

It's not the desert
But mirages of cities
That enchant me so.

These wooden antiques
No age is asked or given
Lest question vanish.

Fair perfumed ladies
Laughing over the next dune
At sure oasis.

Some sweet confection
Warm in a breezy window
There in the distance.

Just let me be there
Long enough to remember
To return to here.
07th September, 2018
Sweet and spiced beginning. The cumin nearly kills it for me, as it gives this a rubber tire smell. After the cumin recedes the rest of this fragrance is divine. the jasmine smells sweet to me. My usual fave type of scent in a warm, amberish, dry, patchy-type, and woody base. However, I enjoy Au Coeur du Desert much more.
16th August, 2018
This is so very nice, although not quite as distinctive as I had imagined given some of the reviews here. It has the profile of many Oud-based scents, although there is no actual Oud involved - basically it seems to contain many of the same supporting elements: coriander, jasmine, rose, cedar but built around a different incense core. In many ways, it reminds me of nothing so much as a more sophisticated, subtle and less macho take on something like Old Spice - I'm serious here, and I don't mean this in a bad way at all. However, the dry-down, even the next day, is a lovely chocolate, which you definitely don't get with Old Spice...
17th March, 2018
A real work of art that I have placed in my all time favorite list!

L'Air du Desert Marocain isn't 100% different from any or all scents out there. Matter of fact, I immediately catch whiffs of other rock rose, coriander / cumin, patchouli and oakmoss (not listed in Marocain's pyramid of notes) and vetiver fragrances I have come to love, as present in Cartier Roadster, dsquared He Wood Rocky Mountain Wood, Chanel pour Monsieur Concentree, and Tom Ford Patchouli Absolu.

What sets it apart are the faint notes ambergris accented by the spices in the head notes, mixing deftly with the jasmine in the heart and cedar in the base to give it a really special quality that words can't describe. Definitely L'Air du Desert Marocain does a great job evoking distant desert lands in exotic locations that beckon the imagination to dream, to reflect and savor this wonderful EdP. I prefer to wear it on occasions where I won't be moving around too much, as I want to experience this lustrous fragrance without hurry nor with distractions. Perfect for casual and formal occasions, ultimately Marocain is smooth, refined, exotic, and full of stories that unfold expertly within the heart of the wearer and smeller alike. BIG thumbs up! :-)
03rd March, 2018
Dry, woody incense with some nice florals. It's light and heavy at the same time, somehow.

Excellent performance, a little goes a long way. Not sure which note it is but there is just a little sweetness to it. The sweetness is almost sticky.

I can really see this as unisex, doesn't lean one way or the other for me.
01st February, 2018
At first wearing, this gets the YUCK award. This smells like sweat and booty and NOT in a good way. I cannot imagine wearing this anywhere except to bed, but I would dream about needing a shower all night. 100% not for me. I'm glad I only got a decant.
15th December, 2017

Add your review of L'Air du Desert Marocain

Shop for L'Air du Desert Marocain products online

Oops! Unable to talk to eBay. Let us know if this problem persists

Member images of L'Air du Desert Marocain

There are no member images of L'Air du Desert Marocain yet. Why not be the first?