Red Door Velvet (2006)

• Availability: In Production : Limited Edition
    • Perfumer: Unknown - Let us know
    • Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

Red Door Velvet Fragrance notes

Floral notes, Earl Grey Tea, Musks, Vanilla.

Reviews of Red Door Velvet

Showing 1 to of 4 reviews.
    positive 2 Positive Reviewsneutral2 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

blood-orange's avatar
    blood-orange

There isn't really any comparison between this scent and the original Red Door. If you disliked Red Door, I urge you not to dismiss this fragrance.

The fragrance itself is quite musky, but nicely done. I think Red Door Velvet is more of a floral than a fruity scent. The bergamot in the opening is so subtle that you would have missed it entirely had you not been informed of its presence.

I was actually both shocked and pleasantly surprised by how expensive-smelling and sophisticated this fragrance is. The scent has a certain richness and warmth that exudes class.

The lasting strength was quite good I found, certainly better lasting than Red Door.

I won't say that this fragrance is better than Red Door, because in my opinion they both smell lovely when worn by the right person, however I'll admit that this fragrance would most likely be the more popular choice over the original.

For something deep, rich and unique from the Elizabeth Arden fragrance range, I would definitely recommend.

04 June, 2011

bookwyrmsmith's avatar
    bookwyrmsmith

An aquaintance gave me a mini of this . To me RDV smells like Gres' Cabaret with EA Green Tea overlayered the woodsy patchouli aspect is rather strong at first but it is mellowing with time into a woodsy lily of the valleyish floral similar to but softer than the reformulated Ruemur .
    Not sure if this is FBW for me as I have Ruemur .

22 June, 2010

promqueen's avatar
    promqueen

This one is underrated..although a "flanker", this is nothing like its namesake. The top notes are fruity, almost cloyingly so, but after about half an hour, this segues into something clean and bright, with notes of wood and tea. The dry down is clean and woody, and the scent has good longevity.

27 October, 2009 (Last Edited: 10th November, 2009)

ubuandibeme's avatar
    ubuandibeme

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm growing tired of the "Red Door" theme. This version has got a mix of patchouli and bergamot...reminiscent of Flowerbomb and Prada. Nothing groundbreaking. It's 'nice', but like I said, "Red Door" is sooooooooooo tired. C'mon EA, give us something NEW!

13 January, 2007