Black Aoud (2006)

Black Aoud information

Year of Launch2006

HouseMontale

About Black Aoud

Black Aoud is a shared / unisex perfume by Montale. The scent was launched in 2006

Reviews of Black Aoud

hcr Show all reviews
First Montale I've sampled, and first rose-dominant scent also. The rose is just overpowering. It does smell good though, but I couldn't pull this off. Definitely staying a sample.
05th August, 2018
Thumbs up for this little beauty but beware as this Tiger packs one hell of a punch.

I get virtually no oud. Not even the slightest hint. If it's there I can't smell it. It's all about the roses. But Roses for men. Dark and moody roses.You just need to be careful on that trigger. 1 spray is probably enough for everyone.

UPDATE - I had to get rid of this. Wife hated it and after a while it became so overbearing that my eyes started to water!!
02nd May, 2017 (last edited: 15th November, 2017)
A dark, powerful scent, lasts 24+ hours. I did 4 sprays from a sample and it would not leave my nose until showering the next day. Smells like roses and burning candles in an old, dark church. The rose smell is actually nice but just go very light on sprays.
I wore TF Noir de Noir and these are similar with the Montale being the more heavy and intense of the two.
09th January, 2017 (last edited: 15th January, 2017)
Rose is a tricky scent - you love it or hate it. I'll start off by saying "I hate it". I got BA in a decant sampler, put on 2 drops (not aware of the rose), and immediately began to get a headache. I tried to scrub it off with a wet washcloth, but it wouldn't budge. This stuff is certainly powerful and stubborn.

To me, this smells like my grandmother's body powder. The synthetic rose dominates whatever other notes are in here, and does not relent even after 8 hours (even with the scrubbing attempt).

If you like rose, you might like this. If you dislike rose, run away from this one.
04th May, 2016
This is the best rose fragrance. This fragrance is in my top five for sure. I cant quit smelling my wrist.
29th February, 2016
A huge combination of rose, aoud and patchouli, opulent but still classy, fantastic longevity.

Once I casually discovered this recently released EDP in the old Montale's shop in Paris I immediately fall in love with it, so much that I progressively abandoned (gave them to friends) all my perfumes collected in many years.

Actually I use it alternatively with some few fragrances and in these years many people asked me about my perfume and some of them bought it.

I usually buy black aoud in Montale's boutique in Paris, it seems better in term of quality/longevity.
29th December, 2015

Add your review of Black Aoud

Shop for Black Aoud products online

Search for on eBay United States

Montale Black Aoud by Montale Unisex Eau de Parfum 3.4 oz 100 ml EDP

• USD $83.25
  • Time Left: 13 days
  • Shipping from: United States

Montale Black Aoud Eau de Parfum 3ml 5ml 10ml 30ml Decant Spray Bottle Authentic

• USD $7.99

Montale Black Aoud 2ml 10ml or 30ml travel sprayer

• USD $9.00
  • Time Left: 21 days
  • Shipping from: United States

MONTALE Collection EDP (Pick your Scents) 2 ml / 0.06 oz Vials sample Spray Mini

• USD $8.50

Member images of Black Aoud

There are no member images of Black Aoud yet. Why not be the first?