Polo Double Black (2006)

SupplierGivaudan
PackagingBormioli Rocco
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections

About Polo Double Black

The first masculine oriental from Ralph Lauren.

Polo Double Black fragrance notes

Reviews of Polo Double Black

I love Polo Double Black. Would describe it as a modern masculine fragrance. Reminds me of the strong cologne fragrance in the men's department at Bergners department store. Probably a date night cologne.
22nd January, 2017
This is a decent vanilla and spice fragrance in the drydown. It begins loudly with a blast of citrus-like notes, and then settles into a creamy haze. I do not detect any mango. I had higher expectations given the variety of ingredients. In addition to not being a showstopper, Double Black doesn't last past three hours on me, which is annoying, and would have been a reason for not purchasing had I known at the outset. Overall, it's a pleasant office and casual fragrance. One can do worse. Perhaps I should go a bit heavier on the trigger to enjoy its entire panoply of alleged ingredients. Or I can give it to my brother who would otherwise never purchase cologne.
01st January, 2017
Fabulous rework of Polo Black. Double Black is classy, shimmering with a pleasant incense quality, and elicits compliments. I get a comforting and confident feel sniffing this even after several hours of wear. Has a slight resemblance to A*Men (esp. with the coffee note), though it's much less sweet and more spicy. Heart thumbs up!! ;^>

20th December, 2016
Love the complexity of the fragrance and originality. From the moment I got a sample I knew I needed a bigger bottle. Though I do have some heavy hitters in my line-up I always like pulling this one out as a pinch hitter just to mix things up.
12th December, 2016
Salutation.

Polo Double Black is stronger and more masculine than Polo Black.in my opinion the best from POLO line.it is sweet and spicy but suitable when wear and fantastic if you are tired of laxurious scent!

Powerful at first spray.The top notes is spectacular i also love mango in it.it makes me feel beautiful and quite long lasting on my skin.not a scent for an ordinary,suitable for a men mysterious(between 30/40 years old)in cold days.

When i wore this nice classic RL i always got compliments from both men and women! Anyway if you lover of different,spicy scents you can enjoy this cologne.

Bravo RL.

7.75/10
15th May, 2015
Was given a sample with a recent purchase, so I gave it a try.

Double Black is a nice scent, but is too strong and sweet for my liking. The mango is powerful sweet and the juniper berry and spices in the drydown last a long, long time. I agree with other reviewers in that I detect zero coffee in this. While I like both of the fruit notes, this one just isn't right for me. DB would be perfect for a 20 something male, who wanted to go clubing and meet 20 something females.

DB's a nice fragrance that isn't in your face offensive, so neutral.
16th March, 2015