Kenzo Amour (2006)

PerfumerOlivier Cresp
PackagingKarim Rashid
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Kenzo Amour

Kenzo Amour is a feminine perfume by Kenzo. The scent was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Olivier Cresp and Daphne Bugey. The bottle was designed by Karim Rashid

Reviews of Kenzo Amour

Genre: Oriental Floral

With a Base Note of Vanilla and the added warmth of heliotrope, I can see how this fragrance is categorized as a gourmand by some people's nose.

On my body chemistry this fragrance has an encompassing tropical assault quality to it. It is primarily a floral, but with a heady, hedonistic, drugged emotional effect. Frangipani envelopes all levels of this fragrance to the point where the resultant blend would be best described as very ripe banana cocktail on a wood lounger surrounded with dewy flower petals.

I do not pick up any of the white tea in Amour. It could be that to my nose, it is drowned out by the florals. To me, this is not your typical Vanilla fragrance. If it were, I would not have picked it up. Nor would I call it creamy or milky. It does possess a deep warmth that builds and expands, Perhaps the rice steam contributes to this effect. Starchy, perhaps could describe it. Rice is not a note I have experienced in other fragrances.

This is not an easy fragrance to wear. I am still on the fence about it four years after buying it at Cancun airport during a vacation in the Mayan Riviera. My main genre is florals as that is the fragrance family that works best with my chemistry. Out of Kenzo's line, I chose this one. Kenzo Amour is not sweet, as in sugary or candy, what I would call Carnival smells. Nor does it bring up marzipan, in my opinion. I am not much of a fan of gourmands as a rule, so any obvious hit of vanilla or bakery is a no thanks.

My husband does enjoy an interesting gourmand fragrance. This was a spur of the moment, "maybe something for each of us" purchase. It is that, in a rather complicated way. I think it calls for a very specific personality or mood to carry it. I would call it, ripe and humid. Perhaps not an overly sophisticated fragrance, Amour is not an easy or simple one, either. That is where the charm and allure lies. It makes me think of a 1950s Hawaiian themed cocktail party around a pool in heels and sundress and a Mai Tai in my hand. On me it has a killer longevity 24+ hours. The sillage is influential.
06th November, 2016
This is a pleasant, though in no way unusual or special, take on vanilla, amber and musk with the tuberose-like sweetness of frangipani and the further vanilla-like heliotrope notes floated in.

I do not get any of the rice/cherry blossom/marzipan reactions of other reviewers. Turin gave it four stars and dubbed it "inedible vanilla."

There is a light woody base that reminds me more of the reedy notes of artemesia that must be the Thanaka wood, the scent of which I am unfamiliar with.

If you love vanilla and amber, you can't go wrong with this one, but there are dozens of similar scents out there that, for my money, do it better, including Lady Stetson and Toujour Moi.
22nd October, 2015
Salutation.

KENZO AMOUR makes a statement without a saying a word,the statement would be,"I really scented!" surprisingly,this doesent smell as desperate as i thought it would,as i am not a big fan of KENZO perfumes,but i was pleasantly surprised with this one! It is truly a lovely scent.sensual yet camforting fragrance. Sweet,Powdery,Warm,Creamy, Romantic,Feminine and Indulgent.

Heliotrope and frangipani introduce the scent over a charming herat of cherry blossom and white tea infused by a sensuously smooth base of creamy amber and vanilla to give a fabulously sensuous and surprisingly delicate winner scent.Great for any vanilla scent lovers.In my opinion this is a Oriental Vanilla than a Floral Woody Musk.It has a familiar scent for me.

KENZO AMOUR is an poetically experience in the perfume world as i think it has a slice of that idyllic lifestyle.This EDP is so romantic and dreamy suitable for women of all ages.it is not too strong but people will notice nd remember you.great for Intimate occasions as well as daytime wear and definiyely for Autumn and Winter weather.

Sillage?Ok.

Longevity?Pretty Good on my skin.

24th April, 2015
Genre: Woody Oriental

Kenzo obviously wants Kenzo Amour to smell “exotic,” but the combination of rice, cherry blossom, and vanilla initially smells like nothing so much as those adorable little marzipan fruit which, as a child, I enjoyed more for the inherent charm of their Lilliputian scale than for their flavor. There’s nothing miniature about Kenzo Amour, which assaults the nostrils in a marzipan landslide and (if I may mix metaphors,) exerts all the charm of an almond paste apple the size of a Volkswagen.

I have no idea what Myanmar’s thanaka wood smells like, but Kenzo Amour’s base notes include an unbearably loud woody aromachemical abrasive enough to file your toenails on. Whether the vanilla-almond, frankincense, and tea in Kenzo Amour’s pyramid would smell appealing in the absence of this pseudo-wood juggernaut must remain conjecture for me, since it dominates so thoroughly that I can detect nothing else after about ten minutes’ wear. I don’t even want to be in the same room as this stuff, much less wear it.
19th June, 2014
Not just pudding, but instant pudding, with it's powerey vanilla flavoring.
07th April, 2013
Milky vanilla that opens with sweet floral notes – what one imagines blossoms in sentimental Japanese prints would smell like. Once the sweetness wears off, a hint of rice comes in, but it's the quality of the vanilla that is the main deal in this skin scent. I'm afraid the needle got stuck at 'nice' for this one, refusing to budge a little further.
(EdP)
18th May, 2012

Add your review of Kenzo Amour

Shop for Kenzo Amour products online

Shop for Kenzo Amour at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Kenzo Amour

Member images of Kenzo Amour

There are no member images of Kenzo Amour yet. Why not be the first?