Burberry London for Men (2006)
by Burberry

Burberry London for Men information

Year of Launch2006

HouseBurberry
PerfumerAntoine Maisondieu
PackagingFabien Baron
Parent CompanyInter Parfums

About Burberry London for Men

Burberry London for Men is a masculine fragrance by Burberry. The scent was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Antoine Maisondieu. The bottle was designed by Fabien Baron

Burberry London for Men fragrance notes

Reviews of Burberry London for Men

I received my Burberry London EDT and aftershave emulsion. Mmmm....so very nice! I wore it yesterday and it was superb! I was surprised by how much it reminded me of Chesapeake Bay Spyce Cologne, which is a good thing. But the Burberry London has far superior longevity and sillage compared to the Chesapeake Bay. Burberry London also has a sweeter vibe as well. Wow, I just enjoyed being enveloped in this excellent, manly fragrance all day yesterday. This is the first Burberry fragrance I've liked, and I really like it. I would highly recommend Burberry London if you want a solid, enjoyable high class gentleman's scent. I feel like this wears well in summer and winter. I know many could disagree with this, but I was very comfortable on a hot summer day yesterday and felt it was warm, but also fresh enough to wear well in the heat.
16th July, 2016
This was for a long time my signature scent. Both men and women and others loved it on me, and I loved it too. People were quite surprised I wore a male perfume (shocking, right). Now it holds too many teenage/growing-up memories that I had to let it go. My bonus-son is rocking my old bottle nowadays, specially in fall in winter (he says it smells like our northern Christmas eve).

For me this is a year-round-one, reminds me of my home. Pine trees and blueberry bushes in late summer. A harsh but romantic scenery.

I could definitely detect oak moss, tobacco, black pepper, and bergamot. It opens up citrusy and develops beautifully during the wear, specially the port wine comes out after a few hours. I could detect it the morning after, which suited me well back then. Sillage is moderate with just two sprays.

Raw but very sophisticated. Will forever be one of my favorites!
15th June, 2016
Truly outstanding. The metropolitan brother of Terre d'Hermès. Earthy, dark, natural, relaxed. Like a city park after the rain. My only complaint is the longevity - I wish it lasted all winter.
12th June, 2016
One of the few Burberry scents that I like. It is a gentlemans scent.... more suit and tie than shorts a flip flops for sure. Lots of cinnamon, leather, tobacco and wood notes. Good longevity on me 7 to 8 hours with 3 sprays nice projection for about half that time. Well done scent but nothing "different". For the price get a bottle and try it out.... Enjoy!
15th May, 2016
Off the bat this is probably the most natural scent I own or have even tried. My nose picks up the tobacco on a subtle level. There is a very distinctive green note that gives Burberry London an earthy quality and makes the fragrance very 'genuine'. This is in my opinion a high quality perfume from Burberry which wouldn't be out of place in the niche category. It just smells like time and effort went into it. I am very happy to add this to my collection and it is fast becoming a favourite of mine. Thumbs up.
30th April, 2016 (last edited: 04th May, 2016)
I tried this about a month ago in the middle of winter and liked it. I was just getting into fragrances at the time. Tried again recently (late winter/early spring) and wasn't as impressed. Perhaps my change of heart is due to the weather turning, but with a few dozen additional fragrances under my belt, I think my taste is evolving, as well.

London is a fairly linear spicey/sweet tobacco-centric fragrance. Not a huge fan of tobacco notes, in general, and this one, while not bad, just isn't for me. I picked up a lot more of it on my second wear. If I were searching for a cool-weather masculine designer fragrance with a tobacco note (I'm not), I'd go with something like John Varvatos Vintage. It costs more, yes, but it's more versatile.

No problem whatsoever with performance with London. Lasts as long (6-8 hrs) and projects as much (slight to moderate) as I want in this type of fragrance.

Overall, London is better than average, but only just.

30th March, 2016

Add your review of Burberry London for Men

Shop for Burberry London for Men products online

Shop for Burberry London for Men at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Burberry London for Men

Member images of Burberry London for Men

There are no member images of Burberry London for Men yet. Why not be the first?