Burberry London for Men (2006)
by Burberry

Burberry London for Men information

Year of Launch2006

PerfumerAntoine Maisondieu
PackagingFabien Baron
Parent CompanyInter Parfums

About Burberry London for Men

Burberry London for Men is a masculine fragrance by Burberry. The scent was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Antoine Maisondieu. The bottle was designed by Fabien Baron

Burberry London for Men fragrance notes

Reviews of Burberry London for Men

It is not easy to get cinnamon right. Le male, one million and Burberry London all got it wrong. It is too much and overpowering. I cant stand any of these overpowering cinnamon perfumes. If you want to see how to do it right check out Comme des Garçons Parfum.
Unfortunate because otherwise London is a nice frag. And if you like powerful cinnamon go for it
06th November, 2015
Burberry London is definitely my favorite of the Burberry Fragrances. This fragrance opens with a blast of Citrus, Cinnamon, and Black Pepper, and then the port wine note begins to slowly creep in. The dry down of this is a very sweet tobacco smell, mixed with a little spice. I give the scent of this fragrance a 10/10. This is one that I find myself grabbing from the shelf and smelling even when Im not wearing it because It smells so great. This is perfect for Fall and Winter. I have heard it described as 'Christmas in a Bottle' and I can definitely see why. I will definitely be working this into my rotation now that it is starting to cool down outside.

The longevity is pretty good, maybe slightly above average. I usually get about 6 hours on my skin. On me, this doesn't project that well, but I like fragrances like that. I can see this being worn casually or even in the office on a colder day.

The scent is a perfect 10, but due to sillage and longevity i decided to give Burberry London an 8/10.

Definitely a great fragrance. Check this out, even if you aren't a fan of other Burberry Fragrances. This is the only Burberry Fragrance that I actually enjoy.
03rd November, 2015

My advice to you this is never miss chance acquaintance with a new fragrance though if You dont like it brand because i am not lover BURBERRY fragrances style but indeed LONDON is a exclusion However it gives me Headache!

At a just scrutiny this masculine EDT is Attractive and Wonderful.Deep and Smoky.Starts Strong&Spicy a loud fragrance and pretty ordinary too but the change is Dramatic in Middle/Base notes as it is for me the most interesting part this one.The base is Warm and Extremely Woody due to Tobacco and guaiac wood.

LONDON is Heat in the middle of Winter.It is strong seduce enough to be wear during Evening out.Perfect for wearning it with a Leather Coat.Great for a Smart man who likes to feel Wonderful and Bold Then i recommend 100% to test before buy!

Sillage?A huge Sillage will be your partner during night.

Longevity?Above average on my skin.

15th May, 2015
Burberry London is probably one of the very few fragrances from this line to deserve some attention and, despite being far from what I generally consider a standout (probably a matter of personal tastes here), it's surely decent.

A bright citrus / yellow floral opening that's definitely modern and pretty nicely exectuted. On the other side though, it immediately shows a certain high-pitched quality that's typical of way too many mall type of fragrances. I'm generally a big fan of Antoine Maisondieu but I usually prefer his less mainstream stuff such as most of the fragrances he delivered for Etat Libre D'Orange. The fragrance then turns into a lavender-infused, sweet tobacco / amber base that could have easily been a whatever of the latest Dior famenines of a minor Chanel aimed at younger crowds.

All in all, this is a solidly done fragrance but neither as creative as Maisondieu can get nor particularly to my tastes. Ok.

06th April, 2015
London is one of my favorite formulations of the sweet tobacco fragrance. With a sharp opening of citrus, cinnamon, and pepper, it is anchored by the tobacco, leather, and an indistinct sweetness, perhaps vanilla or the guaiac wood. It sweetens and mellows in the dry down but maintains the same character (spicy, sweet tobacco) throughout its lifespan.

It is primarily a cold weather scent, but works well from day to night, given that it's not seductive enough to be for the night nor fresh enough to be for the day, strictly. And while it is pungent, it's no so overpowering that it might not be able to work in the summer, but it's certainly more a mainstay in the winter. Some reviewers offer that it reminds them of Christmas and winter holidays, and while it certainly works for special occasions, it's still quite versatile.

London has great projection and longevity (I get 8+ hours) for an EDT and is very affordable at under $30 for 50ml, slightly over $30 for 100ml. This strikes me as a departure from most of Burberry's fragrances, of which I'm rarely a fan.

This needs to be tried by those who haven't, especially given how easy it is to own a bottle.

8 out of 10
25th March, 2015
Despite I highly respect their fashion side, I’ve never really been a fan of Burberry fragrances. London and Touch are basically the only ones I consider worth trying and/or having, and especially London. I am much of a fan of Antoine Maisondieu, and if you like him too, London is surely one not to miss. The notes may seem “conventional”, but the result is well distinctive and peculiar. It opens with a really nice and sophisticated sort of crisp, greenish, herbal tobacco accord rounded by a fantastic and really recognizable note of mimosa (that sort of warm “pollen” feel), and an equally unusual frame of notes ranging from slightly honeyed-fruity, to ambery (“ambroxan-ish”, actually), resinous-sweet and slightly floral, all topped with a sprinkle of spices; quite complex if you ask me, but it works just perfectly. Leather is listed, but you’ll have to dig for it, and it’s the usual sort of contemporary leather – subtle, clean, “polished” leather. Shortly it’s a sort of thin, quite discreet and really clean “contemporary herbal-Oriental” scent revolving around tobacco with a sprinkle of color around it - from greenish, to spicy, to that fruiy-resinous-floral stuff. It has a sort of “niche” vibe, it smells creative and quite different from the usual mainstream paths, and the quality seems really good to my nose. The evolution is funny; the opening is quite bold and intriguing, then it looks like disappearing from your skin for a while, then it “arises” back again with a persistent and cozy drydown mostly comprising tobacco, leather and dusty-incense amber, still with a “manly” floral-honeyed nuance. Worth having for me; it isn’t a masterpiece but it smells good, classy, distinctive, rather “young” (in a positive meaning), much discreet but with a solid sillage, “contemporary” and with that sort of transparent, crisp cleanness that characterizes Maisondieu’s style. Well worth the cheap price.

21st March, 2015

Add your review of Burberry London for Men

Shop for Burberry London for Men products online

Shop for Burberry London for Men at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Burberry London for Men

Member images of Burberry London for Men

There are no member images of Burberry London for Men yet. Why not be the first?