Burberry London for Men (2006)
by Burberry

Burberry London for Men information

Year of Launch2006

HouseBurberry
PerfumerAntoine Maisondieu
PackagingFabien Baron
Parent CompanyInter Parfums

About Burberry London for Men

Burberry London for Men is a masculine fragrance by Burberry. The scent was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Antoine Maisondieu. The bottle was designed by Fabien Baron

Burberry London for Men fragrance notes

Reviews of Burberry London for Men

Got a sample to see if Burberry London could be my new Fall scent. Like many have said--and I agree, BL is "Christmas in a bottle." The scent is pleasant and smells of pine needles, sweet spices, and woods. For me, the leather note is not very prominent, but picking out notes is not my strong suit.

Though BL smells delightful, it flounders in versatility and performance. BL is a cool weather fragrance only. In fact, because of the close association of its pine needles and cinnamon notes with Thanksgiving and Christmas, the fragrance's use might be best limited to November and December only. Performance, likewise, is not great. At best you can expect little more than an hour of projection and a few hours longevity.

All in all, despite its apparent limited use and mild performance, BL grows on you and is worth having in your collection. There really is no other fragrance quite like it.

Also, on a very personal note, my wife seems to like it a lot. Of my 30+ bottles, she has only really liked Sauvage, so her approval of BL is newsworthy (at least for me).

Scent 8/10
Longevity 4/10
Projection 5/10
22nd December, 2016 (last edited: 27th December, 2016)
Definitely unlike the original Burberry London (classic) for men, this is completely new take that only shares the "London" name but has a wildly daring, different composition. This one is fresh, shimmering with several notes over time, leaving you wondering what's to come but not with dread. I actually can sense the port wine and mimosa notes in it, unique and interesting! Must test out first before buying: It's not like the linear, citrus original and may not suit all tastes or moods.
03rd December, 2016
My favorite holiday scent, reached for often then and rarely during the rest of the year. Its a somewhat gourmand tart and sweet winner that I wouldn't be without. My juice is current. It reminds me of several aspects of Burberry for men (which I also favor) with the added effect of strong olfactory association with the holidays, most notably Christmas.
30th November, 2016 (last edited: 16th December, 2016)
Edit: Do not buy this anymore!
I am shocked and saddened at the moment.
This fragrance would be the closest thing that i have to a signature scent. I have just finished my original 2007 bottle and my new one has arrived and they are NOTHING alike. I wouldn't even call the new bottle a shadow of the original. It is watered down to the point of being unrecognizable. The stong port smell is gone. The deep dark spices, vanished. This now smells like a $5 cologne. The original put some of my EDPs to shame. How can perfumeries get away with this. I hope this review stops people from making the same mistake i just have. :(
I liken what they have done to this once top scent to bathing a picaso in paint thinners, it makes me sad.

A glass of port on the table.
A steaming warm spicy Christmas pudding in front of you.
A freshly cut Christmas tree in the corner of the room.
Your grandpa's freshly opened pouch of pipe tobacco sitting on the counter behind you.

Bottle the above and you have Burberry London.
20th September, 2016 (last edited: 29th September, 2016)
At under $30, Burberry London is perhaps the most outstanding value in men's fragrance. You can purchase a tester or 1.7 for even less which is an absolute steal! Very high quality designer - rich, natural scent with good performance. I would describe it as a sweet woody tobacco lavender fragrance. Smells of tobacco, wood, and wine give it a warm, comforting feel. Almost a must have for the 4th quarter of the year. It is indeed a classic and I would add sexy and elegant too. For it's price Burberry London has to receive a 10/10 and might be the closest thing to a true blind buy!
05th September, 2016
I received my Burberry London EDT and aftershave emulsion. Mmmm....so very nice! I wore it yesterday and it was superb! I was surprised by how much it reminded me of Chesapeake Bay Spyce Cologne, which is a good thing. But the Burberry London has far superior longevity and sillage compared to the Chesapeake Bay. Burberry London also has a sweeter vibe as well. Wow, I just enjoyed being enveloped in this excellent, manly fragrance all day yesterday. This is the first Burberry fragrance I've liked, and I really like it. I would highly recommend Burberry London if you want a solid, enjoyable high class gentleman's scent. I feel like this wears well in summer and winter. I know many could disagree with this, but I was very comfortable on a hot summer day yesterday and felt it was warm, but also fresh enough to wear well in the heat.
16th July, 2016

Add your review of Burberry London for Men

Shop for Burberry London for Men products online

Shop for Burberry London for Men at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Burberry London for Men

Member images of Burberry London for Men

There are no member images of Burberry London for Men yet. Why not be the first?