Burberry London for Men (2006)
    by Burberry

Average Rating: 4

Based on 1055 ratings

Burberry London for Men Fragrance Notes

Burberry London for Men information

Burberry London for Men is a men's fragrance by Burberry. The scent was launched in 2006 and the bottle was designed by Fabien Baron

Shop for Burberry London for Men products online

$45.36*
    50ml EdT
    (*converted from GBP 29.00)
    $29.64*
    50ml EdT
    (*converted from GBP 18.95)

Reviews of Burberry London for Men

Showing 1 to 6 of 212 reviews.

tempest moon's avatar

Light, warm, spicy scent...

Burberry London comes across as a light, spicy, oriental scent that if perfect for a gentleman. It has all the characteristics of a "serious" or refined masculine fragrance.

I like it. I also like that it's inspired by a city which I live in (London). Although I think this better represents someone's "idea" of London rather than the city itself. Like an old gentlemen's club. It's boozy, spicy, smoky etc. Like the classic Burberry winter coats, this feels like a cold weather, very English kind of scent.

It opens with a crisp, aromatic mix of port wine, cinnamon leaf and lavender. It's spicy and cooling at the same time, before an aromatic warmth starts to shine through. The guaiac wood makes an appearance and gives it a nice touch. I really like it. I think the leather and tobacco combination is what is special here... and it's what gives it the "old English gentlemen's club" vibe. I also think that this one is a great winter scent. Really great for Spring and Autumn too. I guess this could also be worn on summer nights, but never in the heat of day in my opinion. I think a lot of people would pick up on the autumnal vibe here in the sense that it smells like the trees and leaves smell when the weather starts to get cooler. This also reminds me of the smell of "mulled wine" around Christmas. With the herbs & spices and the boozy aroma. I think this would be great worn at that time. In terms of gender, although this is has a classic "gentleman" vibe, I suspect a daring type of woman could also wear this, and it's light enough not to offend anyone in any situation, as it's very warm and cosy (very lovable). It's an all round great choice for Spring, Autumn, and Winter. I recommend it mostly for those months.

19th December, 2014

sjg3839's avatar

Decent fragrance. Nothing groundbreaking IMO. A lot of cinnamon with pepper and a touch of leather. OK fragrance. 6.5/10

12th December, 2014

Q. R. Crumm's avatar

Very nice.

On the opening there was some pine and almost like a mulled wine note, there's also some cherry coke in there too, together with a slight herbal tinge.

After drying down I have a very nice marzipan mixed with a little honey and the tiniest hint of cinnamon spiced apples.

Sillage is a little low, it's more of a skin scent, but it is great.

Perfect winter and christmas scent.

27th October, 2014

Gerard_Butler's avatar

Opens boozy and spicy, I dont get port wine but rum, lightly spiced with pepper and cinnamon. Now at the heart it takes on a floral edge while maintaining its boozy backbone, mimosa is an interesting floral note, has a dry and fresh sweetness which adds complexity to the spiced rum. This stage is wonderfully refreshing, very summery. After a while the rum and flowers are joined by a gorgeous trio of smoky pipe tobacco, fruity oakmoss and dry leather. The combination of these notes is breathtakingly beautiful.

Unfortunately it doesn't last long and projection is very soft, this is obviously a major pitfall and explains why something this beautiful isn't more popular. Also, I dont think this is a winter or autumnal fragrance(it could be if burberry launch a true EDP version), its light concentration and refreshingly dry character is ideal for summer and spring.

Its a great fragrance but dont expect it to replace tobacco vanille or dior homme intense in your cold weather rotation otherwise you will be disappointed. Looking for a unique warm weather fragrance? This will be superb.

23rd October, 2014

ConvertedByWetShaving's avatar

While I do think this one can stand on its own as simply a very nice fragrance in general, it really does live up to its common "Christmas In A Bottle" nickname/description. So fitting for that season, yet so much more dignified than the themed necktie. I have to admit, while I find myself wanting to wear it, I almost feel like I'm jumping to gun to put it on too early before the Christmas season - like when the Christmas marketing starts around Halloween or Thanksgiving and people (rightly so) shake their heads, that's the hesitation I feel with this one, though I should offer that I think that's just me and something in my head.

I'd just like to add, for anyone who had sensitivity to pine needles.... I've always found that being around pine trees tends to give me headaches and sometimes makes me sneeze. I have yet to experience that aversion to a pine note in a fragrance/cologne. So for anyone with similar sensitivities who might therefore be inclined to dismiss any fragrance with a pine note, I'd offer that they're actually among my favorites despite my sensitivity to real pine, I experience no aversion, and I'd humbly recommend that while caution makes sense, by all means go to a store and at least give it a sniff on a piece of paper. You may find that, like myself, you were unnecessarily depriving yourself of some fragrances that you'll really enjoy.

17th October, 2014

Lewy's avatar

What would I do without London in autumn/winter/christmas time? Honestly, I don't know any fragrance that conveys the feeling of cold and wet weather better than this one. I would never wear this in spring and summer. It's a winter scent, maybe the best. Even though it's quite cheap, nobody seems to wear this - at least not in my area.

It has a sexy and elegant vibe to it, smells like a combo of cherries, pine and leather. Most women absolutely adore it but it's true for what has been mentioned - longevity is rather average, sillage terrible. I sticks 4-5 hours on my skin (which is ok) but after ~30mins, it doesn't really project farther than 20cm from my body (I carry a small sample of it with me most of the time). But those first 30 minutes are so awesome, I just have to like it. Wonderful scent!

02nd October, 2014

Burberry London ( Fabric ) Men Cologne 1 oz Eau de Toilette Spray Unboxed NEW
    • Listing Type: eBay Store
    • Time Left: 5 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    BURBERRY LONDON by Burberry 3.3 / 3.4 oz edt Cologne Spray NEW (Original Tester)
    • Time Left: 29 days