Ange ou Démon (2006)

PerfumerJean-Pierre Béthouart
PackagingSerge Mansau
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Ange ou Démon

The face of the launch campaign is Marie de Villepin, the daughter of French Prime Minister Dominique de Villepin.

Reviews of Ange ou Démon

While out walking a canine friend one spring morning, flowers bursting all over the neighborhood, I thought, "Man all these flowers smell amazing!" I quickly realized that incredible burst of florals was actually the Ange ou Demon emanating from my wrist. Wow! I had it applied only a small amount to one wrist to test, and already this scent was wafting around me.

It is, indeed, incredibly sweet. But also spicy and exotic. The mandarin orange gives it a little punch, and the florals are dreamy and just dripping with sweet vanilla. The woody notes really anchor it and provide that notable sensuality/maturity. What a perfect name "Ange ou Demon" (Angel or Devil) - it's so versatile. It seems to perfectly conform to how you decide to wear it. A playful, sweet and feminine daytime fragrance? Sure! A seductive (perhaps naughty) nighttime perfume? Absolutely!

It's a complex and spellbinding chameleon of a scent. I disagree that it's strictly a cold-weather scent. I'd wear this any time of the day, any time of the year, it's incredible! Long lasting with incredible sillage, too.
21st April, 2015
Masterpiece

Elegant bubblegum, maybe a little rum and Dr. Pepper? Something sweet but also something masculine and exquisite while still being very feminine. Hey, I get the name now.

Pros: Versitile
Cons: None"

14th July, 2013
There seem to be really divided opinions on this one! I am a lover of it, for my 2c worth...I don't like Angel at all, find it nauseatingly sweet, so am surprised to like this one as it definitely is in a similar camp as TM's Angel. But the herbaceous notes save this from death by sugar. And I love vanilla, so that was always gonna be fine here - I do get a juxtaposition of moods from this frag, a push/pull effect, the angel/demon thing is at work but IMHO could use a little more of the devil ;-) It's perhaps just a 'fraction' too sweet...but it settles well on my skin's chemistry; good for winter nights on the town...
22nd June, 2012
I have a mini bottle of this which came in a job lot I bought to get some other perfume (I forget which it was by now). I put it aside thinking "Oh, I'll give it a try sometime" and sort of forgot all about it. I came across it a few days ago and tried it out and Oh My Word, its amazing!! Spicy, floral and so long lasting! Its definitely angelic rather than demonic, but its one of those cute sexy gothic angels you see in animations. Mysterious and delicious, and quite possibly addictive!!
22nd March, 2012
This fragrance introduces herself with a deep open-mouth kiss filled with ylang ylang. Blew me away. I thought "wow, this is seduction". Then came the nice spicy thyme and mandarin notes and I feel in love. But, as the scent progressed I started to feel empty longing for the spice and ylang ylang to come back. What I am left with reminds me of the final unravelling of hypnotic poison mixed with a fruity sweetness. At this point the fragrance truly lives up to its name: Ange ou Demon (Angel or Devil). I picture a sex siren and she is daring and hypnotizing to men (the hypnotic poison element in the wood and vanilla ending), but drawing her victim in with an innocence that he cannot resist (the sweetness I can only describe as ordinary concord grape).
For me, the tryst is over. I want the sexy citrus spice and ylang ylang back, but for others the allure is just beginning...
04th March, 2012
I'm surprised by Ange Ou Demon. Prior to testing this fragrance I had assumed it was similiar or along the lines of Armani Code for women and Thierry Mugler's Angel, however I find it much softer and in some ways more mysterious.

Ange Ou Demon isn't as gothic and dark as the bottle seems to suggest. There's this undeniable softness and fragility which adds to this fragrance's allure.

The scent is light and 'fluffy', almost airy with subtle hints of spicyness, like pepper or thyme. There is also a distinctive powdery-like quality to Ange Ou Demon which is reminiscent of some classic aldehydic fragrances.

I enjoy Ange Ou Demon's spicy yet powdery scent, because like D&G for Women, this is a powdery fragrance that isn't sharp or soapy, instead it's inviting and sensual.

When applied with a light hand, (as one should always do), the sillage is just strong enough to capture the people that dare to come close. I particularly like this aspect because it certainly adds to this perfume's mysterious appeal.

Apart from the dominant notes of spices, florals and vanilla, I also sense a cinnamon note, which reminds me of Intimately Beckham Night, which is in some ways very similar to Ange Ou Demon.

I'd say the lasting strength of this scent is good, however I fear this fragrance will be reformulated soon due to the oakmoss component. I highly suggest you try this scent while it is still in its original formulation.

04th June, 2011

Add your review of Ange ou Démon

Shop for Ange ou Démon products online

Shop for Ange ou Démon at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Ange ou Démon

Member images of Ange ou Démon

There are no member images of Ange ou Démon yet. Why not be the first?