Black Walnut (2006)

HouseBanana Republic
PerfumerHarry Fremont
Parent CompanyInter Parfums

About Black Walnut

Part of the 'Discovery Collection'

Reviews of Black Walnut

Black Walnut is an amazing scent. Such a nice, light, woody fragrance that is very pleasant to wear. The one draw back is it's lack of longevity and sillage. This is a problem, as it disappears far too quickly. However. I moisturized this morning before applying, and I got about 4 hours of longevity, with the last hour being a VERY close skin scent. I got a 3.4 oz. bottle for an extremely cheap price, and this stuff smells as good as fragrances that cost 10 times more than what I paid for this. I haven't found much in the designer brands that have appealed to me. Black Walnut is an exception. If you can get a bottle for a cheap price, it's well worth the buy, in my opinion.
28th July, 2016
Banana Republic's Black Walnut is a great tobacco/woody/citrus grouping. The note breakdown doesn't do it much justice, with the summary of tobacco, cognac, cedar. It's mostly tobacco with some light sweetness from cedar, but I get sharper citrus aspects (lemon, perhaps) that seem to go unnamed.

Light on projection and longevity but also low on price (now $20 for 100ml at Marshall's), Black Walnut is a great option for a lighter, more warm weather-friendly tobacco expression than is generally available. Black Walnut is a great year-round option for tobacco and certainly something that can be applied in both casual and formal situations.

It's a pleasant fragrance at a great value---it's worthwhile for any man to try, not just fans of tobacco, and I've even go so far as to say that some women might deem it pleasant for them too. If there is a tobacco fragrance that is not super sweet that may work for women, this may be it.

7 out of 10
09th December, 2015
It's almost 2016, so this might be a reformulation as there was no wooden box in the 3.4 bottle I picked up at the discounters for $20.

This is NOT on the level of John Varvatos, sorry folks. Complete waste of $ even at the cheapie price.

Starts off with what I guess is supposed to be the cognac note, which is fruity yuck then fades into NOTHING in about 30 minutes as others have reported.

Don't waste your time on this one, seriously not even worth $10.
20th November, 2015
SMELLS GREAT

LASTS 30minutes.
27th January, 2012
Black Walnut by Banana Republic - One is initially treated to a fruity, vanillic accord with a boozy and nutty edge, which is very fleeting. Transitioning rather quickly to the waiting heart, dry and rich virginia cedar infuses the semi-sweet brew with its dusty, cedar closet aroma, and pleasantly percolates. A nascent, sweet tabacco pulls the reluctant melange to its awaiting base. A slightly spicy and honeyed tabacco, akin to a pipe tabacco, comes to the fore with the muffled cedar serving as a backdrop. This delightful blend leads to the alluring drydown. Albeit an agreeable composition, its glaring and fatal deficiency is the dearth of any meaningful projection or longevity.
10th January, 2012
The first time I smelled this was with my bf, who at the time smelled very nice. I remember thinking it was exactly like the kind of scent I was looking for.
It's not a scent you'd risk using too much of... in fact I'd say it has the opposite problem. It doesn't seem to last quite long enough. On my skin it doesn't last very long at all, in fact.
You have to use it abundantly to give it a good amount of sillage, and when I do I usually spray it on my clothes instead. I haven't had any problems with the scent being overbearing while using it that way.
The scent itself is very well balanced. The tobacco and the cedarwood are definiely noticeable for me. It's aromatic, woody, smoky in a sweet way, and I've gotten nothing but compliments while wearing it. Not overbearing by any means.
I mostly wear it because I like the scent, but it's also one of my go-to smells when I want to smell nicer.
15th September, 2011

Add your review of Black Walnut

Shop for Black Walnut products online

Shop for Black Walnut at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Black Walnut

Member images of Black Walnut

There are no member images of Black Walnut yet. Why not be the first?