Black Walnut (2006)

HouseBanana Republic
PerfumerHarry Fremont
Parent CompanyInter Parfums

About Black Walnut

Part of the 'Discovery Collection'

Reviews of Black Walnut

SMELLS GREAT

LASTS 30minutes.
27th January, 2012
Black Walnut by Banana Republic - One is initially treated to a fruity, vanillic accord with a boozy and nutty edge, which is very fleeting. Transitioning rather quickly to the waiting heart, dry and rich virginia cedar infuses the semi-sweet brew with its dusty, cedar closet aroma, and pleasantly percolates. A nascent, sweet tabacco pulls the reluctant melange to its awaiting base. A slightly spicy and honeyed tabacco, akin to a pipe tabacco, comes to the fore with the muffled cedar serving as a backdrop. This delightful blend leads to the alluring drydown. Albeit an agreeable composition, its glaring and fatal deficiency is the dearth of any meaningful projection or longevity.
10th January, 2012
The first time I smelled this was with my bf, who at the time smelled very nice. I remember thinking it was exactly like the kind of scent I was looking for.
It's not a scent you'd risk using too much of... in fact I'd say it has the opposite problem. It doesn't seem to last quite long enough. On my skin it doesn't last very long at all, in fact.
You have to use it abundantly to give it a good amount of sillage, and when I do I usually spray it on my clothes instead. I haven't had any problems with the scent being overbearing while using it that way.
The scent itself is very well balanced. The tobacco and the cedarwood are definiely noticeable for me. It's aromatic, woody, smoky in a sweet way, and I've gotten nothing but compliments while wearing it. Not overbearing by any means.
I mostly wear it because I like the scent, but it's also one of my go-to smells when I want to smell nicer.
15th September, 2011
I just got my 100ml bottle of BR’s Black Walnut 3days ago….and folks I’m LOVING it! This was a “blind buy” because I thought you can’t go wrong with the notes of Cognac, Cedarwood and Tobacco. I was right! I would call this a sublime and elegant woody scent. Suits the 25-35 yrs age group. The frag cycles through the Cognac and Cedarwood (reminds me of “pencil shavings”) notes in the first 3hours and then settles into the lovely Tobacco drydown. Its not loud at all and is close to the skin. I could sniff it on my wrist about 6-7 hrs after the first spray. Projection and sillage are weak to average. It comes in a classy black wooden box with magnetic edges and a lovely petite but sturdy bottle. The spritzer could’ve been better though. On the whole I'm very happy with this purchase. (My last purchase was Guerlain's L'Instant Pour Homme EDT).
Black Walnut is a frag for the true connoisseur i.e- for pure self satisfaction as opposed to the “hey check me out” desperado!! Understated class.

26th March, 2011 (last edited: 30th March, 2011)
Straight up tobacco that lasts around a half hour, 45 minutes. You might as well smoke a few cigarettes. Total waste of money.
28th August, 2010

I don’t get cognac in the opening – about all I get in the whole fragrance are the cedar and a little tobacco. At first the wood and tobacco notes are quite nice but they turn synthetic after a half hour or so. Even synthetic, they are not really bad notes, just indicative of a blend that should be of better caliber. Black Walnut has weak sillage and very poor longevity. I usually like Banana Republics fragrances, and I think that this one began as a very good idea, but they cut too many corners with the quality of the ingredients.

04th December, 2009

Add your review of Black Walnut

Shop for Black Walnut products online

Shop for Black Walnut at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Black Walnut

Member images of Black Walnut

There are no member images of Black Walnut yet. Why not be the first?