Rosewood (2006)

HouseBanana Republic
PerfumerPascal Gaurin
Parent CompanyInter Parfums

About Rosewood

Part of the 'Discovery Collection'

Reviews of Rosewood

I love this one !! Everytime i use it many people ask whats the name of the parfume, it smellt realy good :)
23rd January, 2013
Cover the name up, then the scent does wonders. A powdery woodsy sweet tea fragrance and I find it excellent. Of the others in The Discovery Collection, I'd prefer to smell this one a girl than Malachite or Alabaster (they were too harsh and I must point out that those two don't have their names as notes in their fragrances either). Rosewood is linear, and to the point but not in your face about it (unless you actually spray it in your face!). No rose but unlike the saying, this one smells sweeter than actual roses.
13th November, 2009
I like the scent, but what about the badly designed bottle? I bought the spray, and was unable to use at least a fourth of the bottle, because the bottom is domed and the tube doesn't reach into the corners! I liked the scent but B-R needs to redesign this bottle!
19th January, 2009
This is *NOT* rosewood. Please, Dear perfumers at BR, do not name a fragrance after a note that's not even in it!
The reason I tried this on me (and what a grave mistake that was...) was that I thought it would be a mature, feminine scent just like rosewood is. It was not to be.
Alas, I was hit with a wave of sweetness straight after application that just kept intensifying into this cloud of cheap, cloying candy.
Now, I have no problem with sweetness, if it comes in a digestable form - Dior's Hypnotic Poision is a good example of a good kind of sweet.
But this one... No thanks!
03rd August, 2008
tergen Show all reviews
Smells just like my nootka rose bushes watered on a hot summer's evening. Delightful. I would love a more masculine rendition.
25th April, 2008
Initially, this is the 2006 Banana Republic fragrance that attracted me
the most. Furthermore, the initial notes are the most attractive. The bergamot top note is lovely and (sadly) the only note remniscent of rosewood. After it makes its exit, the rest is all sweetness. The tea and amber merge to create an almost white chocolate blend. (Angel pioneered this sweet + earthy accord that you can smell in so many perfumes nowadays. Here it is again, minus the mint and patchouli.) As for the champagne note, I think I imagine somthing fizzy and sour near the end, but only because I'm impressionable. If you seek real rosewood, try Tam Dao.

06th February, 2007

Add your review of Rosewood

Shop for Rosewood products online

Shop for Rosewood at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Rosewood

Member images of Rosewood

There are no member images of Rosewood yet. Why not be the first?