Buttercup (2003)

HouseSohum

About Buttercup

Buttercup is a feminine perfume by Sohum. The scent was launched in 2003

Reviews of Buttercup

Because of the name, I thought I'd really like Buttercup - but I took one sniff of the bottle and thought "popcorn". Like the butter 'n' salt popcorn you get at cinemas. Ugh. Based on what some of the other reviewers said, I really ought to go back and give it a proper test drive to check on the alleged gourmand notes. By the way, SoHum is a great little perfumery in my local neighbourhood.
29th May, 2010
I absolutely love this fragrance, a beautifully warm Vanilla fragrance with hints of Caramel and Brown Sugar. the fragrance seems to mature on the skin into a really lovely fragrance. I have the matching Body creme, and often add a woody fragrance to it which is darker and great for night time.
17th January, 2010
I totally understand how this creamy buttery foody concoction could strike fear into the hearts of some folk. Love or hate. I love. It drifts between hot butter, popcorn, caramel, honey etc. I was testing this in a shop with my mum and after I "ooohed" appreciatively she came over to sniff and I dissuaded her knowing she wouldnt like it. Heh. But its such an unusual comfort scent, not really vanilla-ish more all the other golden food smells, it also has a hint of coconut. I love layering it with non-foody fragrances like Michael by Michael Kors or ylang ylang essential oil . I use it to soften very sharp bright florals and make them more smooth and creamy :D I also wear it to bed, so snuggly.
10th June, 2007
There a few good things about this fragrance: the price, the longevity, its Australian, and the fact that it was a catalyst for me joining basenotes to register my stomach churning experience. A creamy, overpowering scent lingered with me all day and made my stomach queasy (with only one spray to my wrist). I should have washed it off, because I caught a whiff of my wrist at the end of the day and it made me literally rech. I'm not allergic to anything but I may just be allergic to something in this perfume... I'd be interested to see what others think of it. A good present for a person you dislike.
29th October, 2006

Add your review of Buttercup

Shop for Buttercup products online

Oops! Unable to talk to eBay. Let us know if this problem persists

Member images of Buttercup

There are no member images of Buttercup yet. Why not be the first?