Black Orchid (2006)

PackagingDoug Lloyd
Creative DirectorTom Ford
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Black Orchid

Black Orchid is a feminine perfume by Tom Ford. The scent was launched in 2006 and the bottle was designed by Doug Lloyd

Black Orchid fragrance notes

Reviews of Black Orchid

Heavy, sweet, smokey, mysterious and truly unisex. Can't work out why, and it's frustrating! Definitely - for the men - it demands dress shirt, flattering tuxedo, cuff links, classic watch, and patent black shoes. Ready for the red carpet, ball and opera. That's what it conjures to me. Lasts really well too!
12th March, 2017
From my point of view this isn't a man's fragrance it's not your dior intense or one million borderline genius ..it's a superb female fragrance that swings into the edge of masculine like Marc Jacobs decadence does ..so good in fact I purchased this for my mum over chanel for her 60th.
03rd December, 2016
Jasmine and gardenia supported by vetiver -- giving it a hint of cologne scent while being unmistakably floral.

It fades and I get just a few moments of chocolate-patchouli similar to Angel, and than that fades to a beautiful sweet vanilla that clings for a good while.

Lovely.
12th September, 2016
Black Orchid isn't pleasant. It isn't easy. It's falling in love - irrationally and uncontrollably. Love in that raw, lustful and chaotic way. Your hair stands on end as your skin tingles. Your insides flip and thrash all around and it makes you feel sick. Longing invades your mind and prevents any useful thoughts from forming, and your heart beats so hard you can see your skin jump at its pulse points. No matter how much you inhale, you just can't breathe. It's overwhelming, stifling...

And despite all of these terrible (terrific) symptoms, you just can't get enough of that sheer possession and desperation! If you've never experienced falling in love that way, you certainly won't appreciate the chaos that is Black Orchid. It's thick, heady & carnal madness! (And yes, that madness is absolutely unisex!)

Mysterious, syrupy, exotic & peculiar. Unforgivably sexy and dripping with personality - there's nothing else quite like it.
12th June, 2016
Be afraid...be very afraid. This stuff is grandmama perfume with the longevity of a nuclear winter and dark, dirty, coffee grounds all rolled into one. I literally had to scrub off the first layer of skin to get rid of the stench. I had heard this was a good unisex fragrance, and I apologize to all those who love this frag, but this is one of the worst things I've ever put on my skin. It made me ill almost immediately.
10th May, 2016
Orchid-based fragrances rarely appeal to me, but I scored a free sample of this and decided to give it a shot. I'm not too surprised that it wasn't a winner. It opened with a surprisingly fruity burst - I got melon, but maybe it was the mandarin? - which lingered into the dry down. Very sweet and a little bit cloying for this nose. Eventually it settled down to mostly amber and vanilla with a little hint of chocolate. The orchid/white flower note was present throughout - this was actually the nicest aspect of it for me, even though I often find orchid scents a little insipid. I do think that this perfume is skillfully put together (and worth a sniff if you love gourmand scents), but just not for me.

Lots of sillage, and it lasts pretty well.
24th April, 2016