Black Orchid (2006)

SupplierGivaudan
PackagingDoug Lloyd
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Black Orchid

Black Orchid is a feminine perfume by Tom Ford. The scent was launched in 2006 and the bottle was designed by Doug Lloyd

Black Orchid fragrance notes

Reviews of Black Orchid

What is it about this fragrance? I came on this one too late, after half the world was wearing it. I never wanted to try it, it sounded so disagreeable and loud. So now that I have and discover it really smells nice on my skin, I don't know I can wear it because of its over-familiarity. Angel had that problem 20 years ago and I got tired of smelling it on everyone and everywhere. So I really hesitate to jump on the Black Orchid bandwagon.
But... this one should be totally not my style, and most fragrances like this smell awful on me, so  the miracle that this one wears beautifully makes me inclined to get it anyway.
The strangest combination of cucumber, silky flowers and dark chocolate.  Unusual, but undeniably silkenly sensuous.

It also wears like iron and lasts forever.
29th May, 2015
This had so much potential. The mix of oriental and fresh notes seems brilliantly judged...at least initially. It slowly starts to fall into the unpleasant Allure-like accord of "tropical" florals and vanillic basenotes. I get that it's intended to replicate the smell of an orchid, but it just doesn't work. They should have used the Voile De Fleur flanker as their main attempt. Thank goodness for the derivative, yet interesting events in the line like Sahara Noir, Grey Vetiver, and Noir.
18th May, 2015
Salutation.

Everything about BLACK ORCHID speaks of Seduction.Yes it is definitely a Seductive Perfume that Attracts like Magnets and This is something different That you have never Experienced in Your life. Gorgeous,Luxurious,Heavy,Hot, Classic,Expensive,Rich,Spicy,Unique and quite Feminine.

A Perfect Oriental with mixture Flowery and Fruity That makes the Atmosphere Heavnely in Two Sprays.So Strong opening.Citruses and Jasmine are a perfect blend in the Top notes,While the Heart Encompasses Black Orchid and Lotus and a Weird and Special Base notes.

It has a Perfect Character Then if You are Looking for a Perfume that want Describe Your Personality and Your Emotion This might be Your New Fragrance. Suitable for SPECIAL Occasions in WINTER EVENINGS. I Recommend it to any Lady who just wants to smell Special but Test it first before Buying!

Sillage?Excellent.

Longevity?Good on my skin.

11th May, 2015
This is a Lanvin Arpege for a new generation of women.

It settles thickly and stays for the day, projecting strongly. Lots of dried fruit and Amber. If that is your thing, the. Apply sparingly and you will enjoy. But if dark Amber dominated fragrances seem cliche to you, then stay far away from this one.
06th May, 2015
This is a bomb. Definitely has the wow factor with its sweet flowery concoction but the mystery intrigues me. How can men wear this fragrance at all? It reeks of femminile appeal.

Once was a good selection for femme fatale types but now due to its uber popularity, i do not suppose women would like to smell like everybody.
03rd April, 2015
Foul. I love feminine fragrances but this one is waaay too much. I was seduced by the fig top note so I bought a bottle. Big, big mistake. This is the one fragrance out of the 100's I have that I just cannot stand. One spray lasts for days on your skin and it never changes - no drydown, no change....just solid "old lady" for hours and hours.

Try on your skin before you buy and wait a couple of hours. Easily the worst fragrance I own.
03rd March, 2015

Add your review of Black Orchid

Shop for Black Orchid products online

Shop for Black Orchid at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Black Orchid

Member images of Black Orchid

There are no member images of Black Orchid yet. Why not be the first?