Black Orchid (2006)

PackagingDoug Lloyd
Creative DirectorTom Ford
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Black Orchid

Black Orchid is a feminine perfume by Tom Ford. The scent was launched in 2006 and the bottle was designed by Doug Lloyd

Black Orchid fragrance notes

Reviews of Black Orchid

This is the holy grail of fragrances. This lingers for days and on a night out will turn heads. I can not compliment this fragrance enough, I think the only cologne for me which has a primal seductive effect on the opposite sex as much as this, is Creed Original Santal and these two fragrances are gulfs apart in term of their constituent ingredients.

Black Orchid is bit hard on the pocket but will last for a long time so is money well spent. Literally two or three sprays will last for a solid day. You will then get hints of it days later in your bedding or anything else you've come into contact with. Do not go over the top spraying this stuff and do not wear it in the heat. 9.9/10
19th September, 2017
Quality fragrance for sure, but unfortunately for me it's reminiscent of the middle aged Sunday school lady who used to smack me on the hand with a ruler (and she sprayed way too much..). I could see a guy wearing this, but definitely not this guy, it's just a touch too fem. Still, I can appreciate it for the quality.
06th September, 2017
Lovely fresh smelling unisex fragrances. Not sure if anyone else feels the same but to me it smelt similar to expensive sun lotion. I just so happen to like that smell.
02nd May, 2017
A lot of flower. Very feminine and sexy, in the elegant way.
Jasmine, gardenia, orchid, and I thought tuberose, but I was wrong it seems. Sillage is good. It's gorgeous, well worth a full bottle so you can reapply it again and again, because sillage is average.
29th April, 2017
A bottle of Black Orchid was somehow sitting among other men’s fragrances by Tom Ford at a local Nordstrom. I’d never heard of it, and proceeded to give it a sample spritz. Yipes! Definitely not what I as a man would want to wear; and it turns out that this aromatic monster was indeed a women’s Eau de Parfum, which makes sense! That being said…

Black Orchid is a wild, deep, and rich monster that unashamedly announces itself to the world when worn. It's loaded with a potent combination of florals, spices, citrus, and gourmand notes that radiate wildly in a potion that must be smelled to be believed. Heavy, sharp, loud....these qualities come to mind when I sniff this potion.

Some men may consider this a unisex or even moderately male fragrance, as it may have a "metrosexual" daring and boldness to it. Not my cup of tea, as I prefer masculine elements to be present in what I wear, and this one waxes very feminine overall.

08th April, 2017
Heavy, sweet, smokey, mysterious and truly unisex. Can't work out why, and it's frustrating! Definitely - for the men - it demands dress shirt, flattering tuxedo, cuff links, classic watch, and patent black shoes. Ready for the red carpet, ball and opera. That's what it conjures to me. Lasts really well too!
12th March, 2017